Dreaming of Odyssey

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Dreaming of Odyssey

Post by jennifertwt »

I had a dream last night that involved Odyssey. Whit (the current Whit, André) found an 18 year old answering machine with Tom´s voice on it and a message that Whit never got back then. It contained some sort of "unfinished business" Tom had and that the current Whit now felt compelled to complete.........sadly I woke up and could not go back into the dream to finish it. ](*,)

Answering machines have been around since the 80´s, so it is "possible".

Since they never really dealt with Tom´s death in the context of the show, this would be a nice "closure" for the fans.............if I could only come up with the rest of it. They have done "Buried Sins", "Blackbeard´s Treasue, and The Treasure of LeMonde, so it has to be some other storyline.

Help!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I often dream I'm in an episode when I listen to it while I sleep. The funniest thing that's ever happened is that someone asked a trivia question or joke or something, and I thought "Oh! I know this! I heard it on Odyssey!", though I didn't realize that I was listening to that episode, and therefore LIVING that very moment at that moment.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I frequently have insomnia and had a dr once who said "rest the body if not the mind" and I have a husband who prefers I stay in bed, so I rotate episodes on the mp4 and listen to ALOT of Odyssey in the wee hours of the night/morning. But this dream was out of the blue. I tried to come up with more storyline last night during my "waking hours", but no luck. My subconscious is much better at it than my conscious. But I did realize that not alot of Tom´s past was explored. We know he was a farmer, never wanted to be anything else from boyhood. We know about the incident with his sister, Timmy´s death, and I vaguely remember that his first wife died, and that his second wife, Agnes, lives in a mental hospital. That leaves room for alot of exploration in retrospect. I would not object to another actor playing a "younger" Tom, but I did not like the guy that came in to play Bart at all.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Yeah, I would love some young Tom, though it might be hard to work around with Walker gone. They might have enough stock audio to get just a few lines in to pull it together. It might still be a bit awkward, though.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I was thinking more of a younger actor to play "past" Tom.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Post by Wooton Z. Bassett »

I once had a dream....that I was Whit......in a spider-man costume, doing this freaky obstacle course on some game show (kinda like Amazing Race). I was.....veeeeery weird.
I'm on the Soda Shop and Campbell County Message Boards.

Check out unofficialaioblog.blogspot.com/

EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

ok, this is weird. But then, my dreams are always weird.

I had a dream last night that I was reading a really good Star Trek fan fiction. Then, like often happens in dreams, I was in the story. My ship was being attacked by space pirates, a substantial part of them being angry Vulcan women, who of course had greater strength than most. There were explosions and my ship was damaged. Then we prevailed, but our ship wasn't in shape to get home by ourselves, so I needed another ship to help us out. The best one for the job was the Virginian Odyssey, captained by Jason Whittaker.

Unfortunately, my dream took a different turn at that point(I was lost in my grandparents' woods), and I didn't get to see Jason much or ride on his ship. :(
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

aw..........I wanted to hear more! it sounds like you switched to Passages. :-)
Last edited by jennifertwt on Sun May 26, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Funny you bring it up. Last night I had a dream that they had a new voice for Bart Rathbone again, and I was sitting there trying to decide if it was better or worse that the first replacement attempt. It was odd.

Like Leonard said, I often can spit out Odyssey trivia in my dreams, and I'm usually right. I can't say I do this while I listen to the episode though.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.