AIO music

Your thoughts and favorites

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Chandler

AIO music

Post by Chandler »

Talk about AIO music here. What shows have exceptional music? Which cues are your favorites? How does the music affect certain shows? What do you think of the various themes over the years? Is there any kind of music on AIO that you really like or don't like?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The Day Indepence Came had good music, actually, it was the shows redemming quality. Also good ones were Operation Digout and Rescue from Manatogou Point.

-Jonathan
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

novacom music is awesome
spiderman
insert dash here

Post by spiderman »

Eugene Kendall wrote:novacom music is awesome
the novacom music was excellent. I like the newer theme better than the older ones.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Aren’t there more connoisseurs of AIO music out there or am I the only one? :?
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Chandler wrote:Aren’t there more connoisseurs of AIO music out there or am I the only one? :?

Don't fret my good Chandler, I too enjoy steller AIO music. Probably my favorite music was on "For Thine is the Kingdom" where Courtney had to stop ballet because of a car accident. The oboe playing "The Lord's Prayer was simply stunning. The wistfulness of it was overwhelming. =D> Unless my memory fails me, the oboe continued playing during Chris' closing remarks and then gradually faded out at the end. Is it the only episode where the normal theme didn't end the show?

I liked the Mexican/Spanish music on Cross of Cortez. It really gave it an extra boost for atmosphere and mood.

Cheerio
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I also liked Martie Echito's music (from the earlier years). Does anyone know who did the music for Family Portraits? Many of those cues were continued in Odyssey.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Some of my most favorite cues are heard in the Family Portraits shows and others are from early on.
I tend to really like music they use during Imagination Station adventures especially ones from the Bible. Just tonight I listened to "Hallowed Be Thy Name" (I keep talking about this show! :lol:) and once again I was amazed by the music on there. It's just... perfect... :)
I'll share more later.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:Some of my most favorite cues are heard in the Family Portraits shows and others are from early on.
I too really liked the earlier cues.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Can you name certain ones in particular? Like mention what scene and show you hear them?
I like the cue heard at the end of "Bad Company" when Donna is reading part of Psalm 1. You can also hear that cue part way through "Honor Thy Parents" and I'm sure it's in one of the Family Portraits shows. Another favorite cue of mine is the one played when Whit goes in to talk to Jennie after he finds out she's dying. It's the same one you hear at the end of "Whatever Happened to the Silver Streak?" when Whit is grieving over the choices made by Michelle Terry.
Sifo-Dyas
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Sifo-Dyas »

What do you people think about Eugene's songs? How about a cd of songs sung by Eugene and played on his ukulele? It could have some of his songs from AIO as well as some funny new songs, original and old favorites.
Last edited by Sifo-Dyas on Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

The cross of Cortez had great music. I like the new music but some of the old music is good to hear.