Whit's End.org Message Board

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Should Whit's End include a message board?

Yes
13%
No
61%
I'd join in a heartbeat
13%
I could care less
13%

Total votes: 23

Bren
Be positive!

Whit's End.org Message Board

Post by Bren »

How well do you guys think a message board would do on Whit's End? I think it would be a great idea. The thing about it is there are some well qualified fans who are responsible enough to help out if Focus would let them.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Based on the comment section of whitsend posts, I think it would be our posts, staggered by 78 intermediate illegible, unintelligible posts from young-ins going "OHMYGOSH I LOVE AIO!!!! <3 <3"

I don't know if I could take that.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

If they make a forum on whitsend.org, there will be more little kids than teenagers and young adults.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Based on the comment section of whitsend posts, I think it would be our posts, staggered by 78 intermediate illegible, unintelligible posts from young-ins going "OHMYGOSH I LOVE AIO!!!! <3 <3"

I don't know if I could take that.
I'd have to agree. Especially because this hypothetical board would be the forth current major AiO message board. Although they might get some traffic from older, more experienced people, the huge majority of the people would probably be the above mentioned young-ins who are not allowed on sites other than Whit's End, all posting the same theme over and over.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I am definitely against this ever happening. I think it would be too big and would be all like the few people before me said young-ins who don't know much. It would be worse then the SS.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Jehoshaphat wrote:I am definitely against this ever happening. I think it would be too big and would be all like the few people before me said young-ins who don't know much.
I wouldn't mind seeing this happen, I just have severe doubts that it would be a productive investment from the AiO team perspective. If a creative person came up with some ideas on how to make it 'not just another AiO message board', and how to promote discussion and intelligent conversation, it could be a wonderful place. But if someone puts together a board anything like what already exists, it is doomed to failure, I fear.
Jehoshaphat wrote:It would be worse then the SS.
I don't really understand why you felt the need to say this. If anything like
Leonard Meltsner wrote:"OHMYGOSH I LOVE AIO!!!! <3 <3"
was posted, the post would promptly be deleted and the user would be warned or punished according to the rules. It's true that we have, on average, younger members, but if you go back in ToO history, you'll find the same thing.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

Jehoshaphat wrote:I am definitely against this ever happening. I think it would be too big and would be all like the few people before me said young-ins who don't know much. It would be worse then the SS.
Need I remind you that you are on ss anyway? :-
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

No, but I also only post in debates with people that make sense.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I've heard that in the past they'd said they wouldn't link to the ToO because you can't entirely control a message board, so I doubt they would make one of their own. Plus, there are enough message boards around, and they know about them, so they probably know they don't need to make their own.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Jehoshaphat wrote:No, but I also only post in debates with people that make sense.
Please let's not bring the entire thing back again. You are welcomed and encouraged to form your own personal opinions, but if they are not constructive and do not pertain to the subject at hand, please let them remain personal.
DanP740 wrote:I've heard that in the past they'd said they wouldn't link to the ToO because you can't entirely control a message board, so I doubt they would make one of their own. Plus, there are enough message boards around, and they know about them, so they probably know they don't need to make their own.
I read that they are very strict about what they link to, so that makes sense. I'd agree that they realize several AiO boards exist already, which is why I said that in order to succeed, they would have to be creative and make it drastically different, which might not be possible.

I doubt they see a need for a message board, seeing how many there are right now.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

DanP740 wrote:I've heard that in the past they'd said they wouldn't link to the ToO because you can't entirely control a message board, so I doubt they would make one of their own. Plus, there are enough message boards around, and they know about them, so they probably know they don't need to make their own.
^What Dan said It would just be unnecessary. I mean, they can just come here, or SS (if their parents want a more conservative forum). There is also CC too. Besides, why does every site have to have a forum as well?? I think Whit's End functions great without.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Have you read the comments on the podcast posts? They are using the comments section as a message board....not commenting on the post at all, but talking back and forth, writing long stories, etc. Now that Whit's End posted the rules again, which say not to do that, a lot of them were going to leave. They don't seem like they've heard of most of the AIO message boards before...that's probably what they would like.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Yes, I have. Many of the people there are very creative and clever. But I can understand that those who run the website didn't want the commenting pages to be used that way. I am friends with a group of between 5 and 7 of them who joined the SS. Samantha15 originally came from the commenting page, as well as Shtjaki (is that his you spell it?). There's also Yelsew, NinjaThrowingStar, and REM.

I agree that many of the people there would probably enjoy a message board more. You can't use the commenting page to 'advertise' a message board, though, and Whit's End doesn't link to basically anything besides the Odyssey Scoop, so there really isn't a way to let those people know about the message boards, unfortunately.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

T.S. (myself) wrote:I agree that many of the people there would probably enjoy a message board more. You can't use the commenting page to 'advertise' a message board, though, and Whit's End doesn't link to basically anything besides the Odyssey Scoop, so there really isn't a way to let those people know about the message boards, unfortunately.
Yeah, I was thinking, "Aaaaah, if only it was allowed to post a link on here! Then they could talk back and forth as much as they wanted!" :anxious:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

T.S. (myself) wrote:I agree that many of the people there would probably enjoy a message board more. You can't use the commenting page to 'advertise' a message board, though, and Whit's End doesn't link to basically anything besides the Odyssey Scoop, so there really isn't a way to let those people know about the message boards, unfortunately.
Ah, that's a shame. But it is probably a good thing too. Though, if these people actually knew about the other message boards it would more than likely free up Whit's End (in a good way) and give these people a better place to talk without creating an unnecessary AIO board.

I know I was able to get Lee to join the ToO when she was on the Odyssey Scoop. This was before the SS message board days.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

You did? I don't remember that very well....
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Joy wrote:You did? I don't remember that very well....
haha, I knew when I was saying your name it didn't seem right...it was actually Lee I got to join. It's just that I remember you both clearly when you joined, and you both were first on the Odyssey Scoop. *edits posts*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

DanP740 wrote:I've heard that in the past they'd said they wouldn't link to the ToO
They did at one time, that's how I got here \:D/