Divine Grace

divorce playlist

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Divine Grace

Post by jennifertwt »

After many years of saying I wanted to do it, I have finally created a playlist around divorce and how it affects children. The 10th anniversary of my own divorce finally promted me to do it. I think Focus did a GREAT job of addressing the topic, however, it is an unfortunate fact that Christians do get divorced and sometimes the issues are very complicated. That is my only criticism of their handling of the topic. In addressing reality, it would have been nice to see a divorced pair who did an affective job of co-parenting despite their personal differences. So, here we go!

Divine Grace: Experiencing God´s Grace in the midst of difficult circumstances
1) Whit´s Visitor (Thank you AIO for giving us back family portraits!)
2) A Member of the Family 1
3) A Member of the Family 2
4) Back to Abnormal (though Grady´s mother is not actually heard from, her sacrifices in getting extra work to provide for her children is a major theme of the episode)
5) Now More Than Ever
6) Out of Our Hands
7) The Family Next Door
8) Only by His Grace (where the Grady and Many stories intersect)
9) Life in the Third Person
10) Life in the Third Person 2
11) The Highest Stakes 1
12) The Highest Stakes 2

I use alot of these in both my annual mother´s day and father´s day playlist, but it does my heart good to see these two storylines interwoven.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Oh, this is good. I like this.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent