Memorial Day 2013

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Memorial Day 2013

Post by jennifertwt »

Memorial Day Playlist:

There are so many patriotic episodes and stories about american history that you just can´t get them into one playlist (if you limit yourself to 12, which I do).

So, here is this year´s Memorial Day Playlist:
1) The American Revelation 1
2) The American Revelation 2
3) By Dawn´s Early Light
4) Sgt York 1
5) Sgt York 2
6) Sgt York 3
7) Sgt York 4
8) East Winds, Raining
9) The War Hero
10) Rescue from Manatugo Point
11) Operation Digout
12) The Price of Freedom

I picked The American Revelation for the Revolutionary War since it has the best battle scenes of the 4 Am Rev eps. Sgt York has never been included in a patriotic release and The WAr Hero and The Price of Freedom are specifically set at Memorial Day and have never been included in a special collection. East Winds Raining and The War Hero flow nicely together as they are both stories of Joe Finnamen. Other than that, I put them in the "historical" order rather than chronological. I created an American Heritage playlist that included both Lincoln and The Underground Railroad and Columbus is great, but really doesn´t focus on war or combat.

-- 27 May 2013 06:17 pm --

Come to think of it, I would LOVE it if they would do the stories of Harriet Tubman or Sojourner Truth and something about the Buffalo Soldiers! That would be awesome.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, an episode about Harriet Tubman would be very interesting! I hope that there are more great historical episodes in the works for upcoming albums. :D