Best AIO Traveling Episodes

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Best AIO Traveling Episodes

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I have been putting together a list of AIO Traveling Episodes specific to location, reason for travel, and mode of travel. Here's what I have so far. I tried not to repeat any episodes. Am I missing anything? And...as I just spent a week in St. Louis, I have been trying to figure out which episode is best for St. Louis, but I can't come up with any.

Best Traveling Episodes by Location
Chicago: Waylaid in the Windy City, Plan B--Missing in Action
Washington, D.C.: Living in the Gray
Alaska: Bassett Hounds, Sheep's Clothing
California: Connie
Hawaii: Aloha Oy!
Israel: The Search for Whit
London: The Labyrinth, The Last Great Adventure of the Summer
Switzerland: A Name, Not a Number
Mexico: The Cross of Cortes
Africa: Prisoners of Fear
New York: The Top Floor
Rome: Push the Red Button

Best Traveling Episodes by Purpose of Trip
I travel a lot with my job, so I included my most common business trip destinations.
Camp: Camp What-A-Nut, Connie Goes to Camp, The Fundamentals, You Win Some, You Lose Some, The Champ of the Camp
Pastoral Retreat: A Pokenberry Christmas, Solitary Refinement, Opening Day
College: (I have a continued education class that includes a long drive) A Test for Robyn, Called on in Class, Poetry in Slow Motion, Always
Ordination: Pokenberry Falls, RFD, Just Say Yes
Vacation: Family Vacation, Barclay Family Ski Vacation
Wedding: The Vow, For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll, For Better or For Worse
Funeral: Karen, A Touch of Healing, Where is Thy Sting?

Best Traveling Episodes by Mode of Travel
Car: Wish You Were Here, In Hot Pursuit
Airplane: Life in the Third Person
Train: Train Ride, The Last Great Adventure of the Summer
Boat: By Faith, Noah, It is Well, Greater Love, Silver Lining
Bicycle: Best Face Forward, Break a Leg
Walking The New Kid in Town, Stormy Weather, The Battle
Wagon: The Ill-Gotten Deed
Bus: Connie, New Year's Eve Live
Last edited by Mrs Jason Whittaker on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

For college you should add Always.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

For train trips I also think of "The Last Great Adventure of the Summer" (which also might be appropriate for traveling off to school or college).

And if traveling By wagon a good episode would be "The Ill-Gotten Deed." :D
Last edited by Carrie Ingalls on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

If traveling by bus, you can listen to Connie part 1 and2.
Or New Year's Eve live

, since Harlowe Doyle travels by bus .

Also, whit and Eugene walk in the battle part one, but we barely hear them actually walking. Just as they leave and arrive.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Thank you, friends! I have updated the lists.

I also added Just Say Yes for Ordination. In The Salvation Army we have an interesting ordination process. Each year a new class of cadets (students) is ordained and commissioned in a Sunday morning worship service, then given their first appointment in a Sunday afternoon service. They step out in faith to be ordained before they even know where they will be going. Just say yes to God, right?
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

For Trains, the most obvious is Train Ride and one of my favorites. Great list! We usually listen to Drive Time, Wish You Were Here, and In Hot Pursuit in their entirety from the CD´s on road trips. Then from the mp4 I recreate the Summer of Mystery, Summer of History, and Summer of Eugene playlists from previous years. Fantastic Work!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Break A Leg can be added to the bike one.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

For a plane trip, (and for a walking one, I guess.), you can use The Search for Whit. Part 2 has the plane trip, I believe, and Part 3 contains the desert trek.
Carrie Ingalls wrote:And if traveling By wagon a good episode would be "The Ill-Gotten Deed." :D

Oh, yes. Can't you just see those rugged pioneers of the 19th century?

Pa: Maw!
Ma: Yes, Paw?
Pa: I can't believe it! I forgot it!
Ma: What'd you forget, Paw?
Pa: The phonograph! I was gonna have Janey play The Ill-Gotten Deed while I drove the Conastoga! That episode always gets me psyched about the frontier.
Ma: Well, we can't go back for it. We have to reach Montana before the squatters do.
Pa: *grumbles*

And off they go into the sunset, the rugged American pioneers.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate