Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Wonderworld.

"Oh no! It's Gorgonzola the mutated cheese monster made by the evil Dr. Killjoy the mad scientist!!"
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Wonderworld.

"Oh no! It's Gorgonzola the mutated cheese monster made by the evil Dr. Killjoy the mad scientist!!"

Till the end of the line.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Has anybody seen the ad for the movie "Chernobyl Diaries"? If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like Corey Burton at the end saying, "Chernobyl Diaries. Rated R."
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

My mom's temporarily in a nursing home while she recovers from surgery and I'm visiting her this week. Yesterday we were talking about her bruises--she's always bruised easily. Without really thinking I blurted out

"You want me to tell you how they beat me with rubber hoses at night?"
"They do not!"
"Come here and let me show you my bruises."

Ahahahaha. My brother and I were laughing hysterically and my mom says "Is that from Adventures in Odyssey?"
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Mrs Jason Whittaker, it sounds like your mom knows you and your brother well to guess the source of your amusement! :lol: That's a great story. I hope your mom recovers quickly. :)
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Did anyone see last night's America's Got Talent season premiere, with Howard Stern (and the other judges) stuck in an elevator? \:D/
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Jeremy wrote:Has anybody seen the ad for the movie "Chernobyl Diaries"? If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like Corey Burton at the end saying, "Chernobyl Diaries. Rated R."
I think you're right. I just watched a youtube video of one of the TV spots.

On another note, I sliced my finger on a rotary cutter a couple weeks ago--had to go to the emergency room and get stitches. I couldn't help remembering Connie cutting her finger in It's a Wrap. "He makes my finger hurt." "You think the two bandages look silly, don't you?"

Sometimes, I am certain that I am Connie.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Today, the pest control guy came (because we're being invaded by ants) and talked about using natural sprays that aren't harsh chemicals, and he said that the Environmental Detection Agency approved of it so much it exempted it from something that other sprays are subject to; (I forget what though).
and yesterday, while the wranglers were driving to the trail ride site, someone mentioned their friend living in Bozeman Montana.

:)
Last edited by Shennifer on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I saw Jeff Ellison working at In-N-Out a little while ago.

Doesn't get much more "real world" than that.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Have you ever been randomly reminded of AIO? For instance, you hear someone say "The best is yet to come", and you want to share it with everyone on here but fit doesn't quite fit in the "Random Things That Remind You Of The ToO"topic? Well, this is the place for that! So tell me about when you've been randomly reminded of AIO!
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Well... that would be everything. I could make a lengthy post of everything in the last week that's randomly reminded me of Odyssey. The first thing that comes to mind is the mission trip this last weekend, when our pastor said "What does servanthood mean to you?" and my sister whispered "Carrying people's stuff", and we both burst out laughing.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Haha, we were driving through Montana a few weeks ago, and we went through Bozeman and stopped at a Costco there. While we were in the store, my brother tripped and fell, and we both started quoting Alex and Cal's lines from Snow Day, ......Bozeman Montana :P
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'm going to Florida with my family in a few weeks, and our first plane will land at the O'Hare airport in Chicago. So I told my dad that while we are there he should be careful to make sure that his laptop doesn't get switched an identical laptop that contains government secrets. He had no idea what I was talking about. :P
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

You know, I'm actually surprised Whit's own laptop didn't already contain government secrets. He still has full security clearance and all.
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

My teacher was talking about forms of media and he mentioned how they had radio shows before TV shows. A kid asked if "there were any radio shows still around". I was just sitting there with this grin and was like "totally". ^_^
This is my humble blog: http://aiothoughts.blogspot.com/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Today in Art History class, we learned about a few Islamic Mosques, one of which was located in Cordoba, Spain. This city name of course reminded me of Inspector Cordoba in The Cross of Cortez \:D/

Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

One day last week in the office, one of my co-workers was trying to explain to another employee how to put the phone on hold: "Push the red button!"

And I started wondering what kind of Imagination Station adventure we might have if they did indeed push the red button.
-William Booth
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

My friend was talking about buying a new suit and as soon as he walked away his sister started discussing colors and how he should get a green tux- Wooton Basset \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

My parents were watching The Partridge Family today.

Hello Dave Madden :D
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

The other day I turned down an offer of seconds on cake and, for some reason, thought "if you keep sending me to all these lunches and brunches, I'm gonna lose my girlish figure".
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ