Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

My Physics teacher mentioned the Fosbury Flop! I never even knew it was a real thing until then!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I had a bunch of random AIO quote moments today, but the only one I can recall at the moment is that my brother was talking about pressing the brakes hard and my youngest sister and I in unison said, "Push the brakes hard"- from Other Side of the Glass part 3

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

So I was reading an article about The Hunger Games movie, and I saw that one of the actresses who was a possibility to play Katniss was Mary Mouser. The name sounded really familiar, until I realized that she's the same actress who played Samantha McKay \:D/
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

There is a lady at my church whose name is Katie Lee. \:D/
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I saw a brand name for glasses called "Robert Mitchel"
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

MY bio teacher just mentioned pyrophosphate, so that of course made me think of Lawrence.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

My family toured the Creation Museum. During our visit, we watched a short film that explored the vastness our galaxy and the universe. While watching, I thought that the narrorator sounded a bit like Mr. Whittaker, only clearer and not as deep. When they showed the credits, I discovered that the narrorator was Paul Herlinger! I think that's been the only time I've recognized a voice in a film. I've never been good at keeping track of actors.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

When I heard Hasbro's announcement that the iron was being replaced by a cat as one of the Monopoly game pieces, Marvin's voice came into my head: "Why an iron?"

"Why a thimble?"
"If you're an iron, you electrocute everyone in the swimming pools at the hotels."
"You might be overthinking this, Marvin."
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Had to dig through the search archive to find this topic.

My brother and his family are vacationing in Hawaii. They posted this to Facebook:

"The view from the top of Diamond Head Crater looking at Waikiki beach."

I wonder if they walked on the same sand. o.O
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I saw something on a newspaper somewhere and it said "Regis Dying". Which was just way too Odyssey to not post.

-- Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:27 pm --

From Feb 10, 2013:
Woodstock wrote:I saw something on a newspaper somewhere and it said "Regis Dying". Which was just way too Odyssey to not post.
New:

I saw some motor oil yesterday labeled "10W40" :lol:
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Bakersfield, California is the most illiterate city in the United states
1. Bakersfield, Calif.
> Weekday newspaper circulation per 100: 11.19 (64th highest)
> Pct. adults with college degree: 20.1% (9th lowest)
> Retail bookstores per 10,000: 0.54 (4th least)
> Median income: $51,667 (14th highest)
Bakersfield, Calif. was ranked the least literate among American cities with a population of more than 250,000. The city ranked among the bottom 10 cities in all six categories measured. It was third from the bottom for booksellers and third from the bottom for periodicals like newspapers and journals. The literacy ranking may be a reflection of the professional positions of the city’s residents. Only 8.2% of the population worked in professional, scientific and management positions in 2011, the fifth-lowest percentage of all cities. Nearly 10% of the city worked in agriculture, forestry, hunting and mining, the highest of all cities measured.
This is the town that Eugene was going to in First-Hand Experience, when he points to the map at the bus station \:D/

They also talk about Sergeant Alvin York in my AP US history text book \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Not very random at all, but I was reading The Great Gatsby for English, and someone mentioned the name Katspaugh. I Googled it, and it's not an actual name, so Catspaw doesn't have to worry about changing his name and all of the ToO ranks, fortunately.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

My Grandma's tv makes noises even when it's off. :anxious: Novacom. :mad:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

The Kings Daughter wrote:My Grandma's tv makes noises even when it's off. :anxious: Novacom. :mad:
Even when you unplug it?!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:My Grandma's tv makes noises even when it's off. :anxious: Novacom. :mad:
Even when you unplug it?!
Maybe. o.O I don't know, I didn't think she would appreciate that. O:( I told my Mom about it, and she thought it was amusing. Oh dear. :anxious:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

I was reading a book and there was a court scene in it and for some reason it just made me think of The Broken Window :)

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no no... this is bad, this is very bad, this is really, really bad! They just can't get my nose right!"
"I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say.... Hi..."
"You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"
-Flynn Rider

check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianogals?feature=mhee
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I was at MCD's yesterday and ordered some food, including a hot fudge sundae. The lady asked me if I wanted nuts on the sundae.
It made me think of The Black Veil. Alex Jefferson: You make me a sundae, you leave off the nuts. (my 2nd favorite line of the episode.)

And I listened to that two parter today.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I was babysitting some kids with my sister yesterday and we had Aladdin on in the background and I hear one of the characters say, "wit's end" and I was like, "What?? I've watched this movie so many times and I've never noticed that??"
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

Today I was at church and a little boy was going up the ramp that led to the upper doors. His mom wanted him to go with her to the bottom floor and she said, "Get back here, Robert Mitchell!"
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

^That's funny, EvangelineWalker. =p

There are so many things that remind me of Odyssey it's crazy. When I think of something specific, I'll post it.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |