Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

We talked about when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead at church today... I couldn't help but think of "An Adventure in Bethany." \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

My sisters' names are Janelle and Melanie, and my mom's name is Robin. :anxious:
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Amethystic wrote:My sisters' names are Janelle and Melanie, and my mom's name is Robin. :anxious:
Woah!Freeky! :anxious:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Peachey Keen wrote:
Amethystic wrote:My sisters' names are Janelle and Melanie, and my mom's name is Robin. :anxious:
Woah!Freeky! :anxious:
Yeah, but alas, I'm the only gal without an AIO name, and I'm the biggest fan in the house!
Perron
Tallying up

Post by Perron »

I saw a John Avery road, and close to that was a Bernard road. Made me think of Odyssey. :D
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

In Imaginative Writing class yesterday, I was learning about the evolution of poetry (in the sense of what has been considered acceptable as poetry throughout the ages), and my prof briefly touched on the idea of the "unwashed masses"!
I wrote "Edwin Blackgaard in My Fair Bernard" in my notes just so I'd remember to mention it in this thread :rofl2:
Perron
Tallying up

Post by Perron »

When I was listening to the episode 'A Class Act', there was an article on a website for that particular day called 'A Class Act', too. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Today on Jeopardy there was a contestant named Mandy Whitaker (one 't' not two) so obviously I thought of Odyssey. \:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Catspaw wrote:Today on Jeopardy there was a contestant named Mandy Whitaker (one 't' not two) so obviously I thought of Odyssey. \:D/

*gasp* Is this a foreshadowing of the future?!

Nah, who wants Whit when you can have Trent? \:D/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Amethystic wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Today on Jeopardy there was a contestant named Mandy Whitaker (one 't' not two) so obviously I thought of Odyssey. \:D/

*gasp* Is this a foreshadowing of the future?!
Woah, mega creepy! :sick:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

You mean...The Jeapordy? With Alex Tree-bark? :shock:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I am actually going through the chronological year-long Bible with a friend. Today I was reading the story about the rich man who came and asked Jesus how to enter the kingdom of heaven. "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven". Of course reading that reminded me of "Poor Rich Guy".

Whit: Uh no to my knowledge camels only come in large, with humps. I hope you're OK with that.
Marvin: I hope you are.

I know that reading the whole Bible should remind me of Odyssey but I think this is the only instance where I've thought of Odyssey while reading my Bible.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I was talking to my classmate after taking our midterm and she was like, "I've got a rash on my foot." :hilarious:

Of course, I didn't laugh out loud... but I smiled. Fondly. O:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

One of the proofs in my geomotry homework yesterday included line segment WE. :D Also, in my english class we're writing friendly letters (doesn't that sound like something you would do in 3rd grade?) and at the top of her model, it said "salutation", meaning this is where you put you greeting. I had never heard that word used before outside of Odyssey, it made me laugh.

EDIT: Today we took TerraNovas and we had to define exhileration.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I was listening to "The Black Veil" while driving today, and I happened to see a billboard about the television "box." :mad:
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I work as a market research interviewer (I call people and ask them if they'd like to participate in various surveys), and I've experienced a couple of things that remind me of Odyssey. Anyways, last week, in one particular call, the answering machine picked up. I heard a voice say, "Hi, this is Chris. Sorry I'm not in right now..." I just started laughing, thinking of that familiar Odyssey intro. :) I've also called one person, who's last name was Whittaker.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

In my one dual-enrollment college class, the teacher distributed an article from PC Magazine from 1994ish. The article was about lossless compression, and one of the random phrases the article used as a sample to show lossless compression was "aio"! I instantly thought of AIO!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

H Tide wrote:I heard a voice say, "Hi, this is Chris. Sorry I'm not in right now..." I just started laughing, thinking of that familiar Odyssey intro. :)
Ah, of course! Got to love the unofficial podcast!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Oh! I have the best Odyssey + the Real World incident of all time! \:D/ Okay, maybe not, but it's pretty amazing.

There is an Odyssey fan in my math class, and she has an on-campus job where she calls alumni. We were talking one day, and she told me excitedly that she saw "Kathy Buchanan - Colorado Springs, CO" on her list! :yey:

This was actually a few weeks ago. I told one person from the ToO about it, which confusedly made me think that I had told everyone... but now you know.

I asked this classmate today if she'd talked to Kathy Buchanan yet, and she said she hadn't, because every time she's called she gets the answering machine. However, she is so determined to talk to her that she's kept Kathy's name in her file rather than putting it "up for grabs" in the general file.

Awesome, no? Even though I'm not generally a big phone person, I would've taken the job just for that. :D
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

LizzieG wrote:Oh! I have the best Odyssey + the Real World incident of all time! \:D/ Okay, maybe not, but it's pretty amazing.

There is an Odyssey fan in my math class, and she has an on-campus job where she calls alumni. We were talking one day, and she told me excitedly that she saw "Kathy Buchanan - Colorado Springs, CO" on her list! :yey:

This was actually a few weeks ago. I told one person from the ToO about it, which confusedly made me think that I had told everyone... but now you know.

I asked this classmate today if she'd talked to Kathy Buchanan yet, and she said she hadn't, because every time she's called she gets the answering machine. However, she is so determined to talk to her that she's kept Kathy's name in her file rather than putting it "up for grabs" in the general file.

Awesome, no? Even though I'm not generally a big phone person, I would've taken the job just for that. :D
:rofl2: That's hilarious! I can just imagine myself doing the exact same thing! :hilarious: