Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I hear Bernard's voice when I read my Bible. Although, sometimes it's Whits.
he/him | a little stinker.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

DanP740 wrote:But... that means Wooton dies... :mecry:
Somehow I think that would be ok with Top Crusader!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

My little brother was watching some Never Land pirates cartoon show, and Captain Hook sounded awfully familiar. Then I was like, "Hey wait a minute- that's Corey Burton!" Whats cool is that Hook's sidekick was the same character from the original Peter Pan movie, and the original voice of him was Hal Smith.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

There was once a conversation I had that reminded me of an AIO conversation.

Lady: Hey, nice shirt. It look just like Dylan's [her son's] shirt.
Me: Yeah, I borrowed it from him. :anxious:

My shirt had been wet, so I had to change. :- Brownie points if you remember where the conversation came from. ;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I saw an add for a Willie Nelson tickets giveaway and thought of Bart Rathbone.
he/him | a little stinker.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Marvin D. wrote:There was once a conversation I had that reminded me of an AIO conversation.

My shirt had been wet, so I had to change. :- Brownie points if you remember where the conversation came from. ;)
Is it when Mrs. Hampton meets Wooton at the grocery store?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Today my mom drove me and a few siblings to a grocery store and sent us in to shop. I asked her if she was coming in and she said something like "No. I'm sitting in the car while you go in." Then she ended up saying "I'm a sitter". It made me think of the episode "Not One of Us" and Laugh!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I was looking through a book on the Clark family (my mom's mom's dad's mom's side of the family) and there was a list of pre-existing Clark Genealogies and who had written them. Among the authors were Mary Hopkins, and a Walton!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:There was once a conversation I had that reminded me of an AIO conversation.

Is it when Mrs. Hampton meets Wooton at the grocery store?
Ed commenting on the shirt Bart wore in "Sunday Morning Scramble". :-

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

The other day I saw a girl who had a shirt with a list of names on it. One of the names was Emily Jones.
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The other day, I drove past a road called Wits End Way. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

I'm in a community jazz band, and two of the songs that we play are called Stormy Weather and Someone to Watch Over Me.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I met a Hispanic family that resembled the Parkers: Hispanic mother, caucasian father, one older son, two younger sisters. One sister had a bracelet that said "I love scoccer".
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Irwin wrote:I met a Hispanic family that resembled the Parkers: Hispanic mother, caucasian father, one older son, two younger sisters. One sister had a bracelet that said "I love scoccer".
The Parkers in disguise!

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I'm not sure if this counts or not, but the other day, one of my younger brothers, my mom and I were in the car driving through our neighborhood, we have this... well, very eccentric neighbor, and as we were driving past his house, my 6 year old brother said "Mom, I think Mr. Jones* is working for the Secret Service, you know, like Monty, and the reason he acts so strange is so no one will know" :) It was very cute!

*Mr. Jones isn't his real name
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Every time I hear this song it reminds me of Walker Edmiston/Tom Riley--same accent and vocal quality:

\:D/

Jeremy
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Yeah, that really does sound like him, at least, a little... It makes me think of "Our Father", where Lawrence is destroying the flower pots, and is talking to "Colonel Malone"
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Ok I was driving with my Grandma and Grandpa. here was the conversation.
Grandma: Turn left.
Grandpa: Left?
Grandma: Right.
Grandpa *turns right*
Grandma: I said left!
Grandpa: But you said right!
Grandma: I meant right as in yes!

I couldn't help but chuckle in the back seat. :lol:
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Marvin D. wrote:
Irwin wrote:I met a Hispanic family that resembled the Parkers: Hispanic mother, caucasian father, one older son, two younger sisters. One sister had a bracelet that said "I love scoccer".
The Parkers in disguise!

:shock: Me?... :incnt:

Interesting Irwin... I actually know a family kinda similar, except the boy was in the middle :yes:
Taps wrote:Ok I was driving with my Grandma and Grandpa. here was the conversation.
Grandma: Turn left.
Grandpa: Left?
Grandma: Right.
Grandpa *turns right*
Grandma: I said left!
Grandpa: But you said right!
Grandma: I meant right as in yes!

I couldn't help but chuckle in the back seat. :lol:
lol.... Thats Awesome Tap \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Today when me and my parents went to eat dinner, the word 'Gorgonzola' was in the menu (it's a kind of cheese)-which of course made me think of the episode where Jimmy babysits Lawrence (the name escapes me at the moment). :)

Till the end of the line.