Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Did anyone else know our secretary of commerce is Gary Locke?
THat's funny \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Did anyone else know our secretary of commerce is Gary Locke?
[i]AIO[/i] wrote:Edwin: SHAKESPEAAAARE!

Jack Davis: Ooh! My favorite playwright!

Edwin: Sorry! Wrong one. SHAKESPEEEEEARE!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I found out a friend of mine is pregnant and is planning to name the baby Nova. When I heard that I kind of smiled. Later, I had a chance to talk to her mother and told her I thought the name Nova was funny because I knew a story about an evil company called Novacom that was trying to take over the world by controlling people's minds. Her mother said, "Have you met Sarah? That fits her perfectly." Then I had to laugh out loud.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

At my cousin's wedding reception last night, there was a dance and whenever they played a polka, I couldn't help but think of Top This!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

My cat hurt his paw and so I asked my teacher to pray for him (we do prayer requests every morning) and so she prayed "Please help her cat's paw to get better." and it sounded an awful lot like "Please help her Catspaw to get better." :lol: There was also a Catspaw in the book I just finished reading.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

I love this thread! \:D/

The other day I was searching for computer printers and I kept seeing "AiO" in the search results (for "All in One" printers).
King Butter Turtle wrote:We're reading "The Odyssey" in english class, so I always think of... well... :anxious:
The SIMPSONS!??! :anxious: ;-)
KODY 10K wrote:The biographical information for the author John Milton stated the fact that a book that influenced Milton was written by an Arthur Dent!
Arthur Dent wrote:Novacom's going to take over the world. Would you like a muffin?
That's my favorite Dent quote!
Agent3xq wrote:I was working drive thru the other day and this guy came through and he honestly sounded just like Bart Rathbone, same mannerism and language I should have got his number for Focus on the Family :anxious:
You mean you let down the entire, worldwide Odyssey fanbase??! :shame: :( :anxious:

Jeremy
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Jeremy wrote:The other day I was searching for computer printers and I kept seeing "AiO" in the search results (for "All in One" printers).
Similar thing recently happened with me...I've been reading about cloth diapers on blogs and forums etc., and people use the term AIO for "all in one" diapers. \:D/ I was talking about some contest to win AIOs, and my sister mistook my words and thought it was about Odyssey. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Guess what the security guard's name was at the airport the other day?

Wooten!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Jeremy wrote:The other day I was searching for computer printers and I kept seeing "AiO" in the search results (for "All in One" printers).
Similar thing recently happened with me...I've been reading about cloth diapers on blogs and forums etc., and people use the term AIO for "all in one" diapers. \:D/ I was talking about some contest to win AIOs, and my sister mistook my words and thought it was about Odyssey. :yes:
Haha! I have an All-in-One Printer, and every time I pull up the screen to scan or copy something, I always think of Odyssey. \:D/
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:I found out a friend of mine is pregnant and is planning to name the baby Nova. When I heard that I kind of smiled. Later, I had a chance to talk to her mother and told her I thought the name Nova was funny because I knew a story about an evil company called Novacom that was trying to take over the world by controlling people's minds. Her mother said, "Have you met Sarah? That fits her perfectly." Then I had to laugh out loud.
That's really funny! :hilarious:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I was reffing a soccer tournament this weekend - and one of the people who volunteered to run the sidelines for me was an older gentlemen who looked remarkably like I would imagine a real-life Whit to look like. \:D/ He had a the gray hair and mustache, the slightly rotund physique, and the grandfatherly laugh.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

This current, erm, thingy going on here reminds me of "I Slap Floor". \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

InHisArms wrote:This current, erm, thingy going on here reminds me of "I Slap Floor". \:D/
I listened to "Pranks for the Memories" last night in its honor, and would've listened to "I Slap Floor" too, had it been on my sister's ipod. :yes:
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I was reffing a soccer tournament this weekend - and one of the people who volunteered to run the sidelines for me was an older gentlemen who looked remarkably like I would imagine a real-life Whit to look like. \:D/ He had a the gray hair and mustache, the slightly rotund physique, and the grandfatherly laugh.
Did you get a picture? I've been looking for a real life version of Whit...
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Unfortunately, no. I don't normally carry my camera with me when I referee games. :( But I'll have to remember that for the next time. ;)
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

So I was browsing our neighborhood newsletter of sorts, and saw a list of neighborhood watch participants. I scanned the list to see if there was anyone I recognized and, lo and behold, there was a Connie Kendall on the list!!! :shock:

And she lives on my street! :mad:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

:thud: That is so incredibly awesome! If she has a dog named Kitty that disappears after 23 minutes, then you know it's definitely the right one! ;) You need to find an excuse to go knock on her door and find out more about her so we know what happens to Connie in the future! \:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Catspaw wrote::thud: That is so incredibly awesome! If she has a dog named Kitty that disappears after 23 minutes, then you know it's definitely the right one! ;) You need to find an excuse to go knock on her door and find out more about her so we know what happens to Connie in the future! \:D/
And we need to perform surveillence on her. :dark: I'm gonna need about two dozen micro cameras.
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

Amethystic wrote:
Catspaw wrote::thud: That is so incredibly awesome! If she has a dog named Kitty that disappears after 23 minutes, then you know it's definitely the right one! ;) You need to find an excuse to go knock on her door and find out more about her so we know what happens to Connie in the future! \:D/
And we need to perform surveillence on her. :dark: I'm gonna need about two dozen micro cameras.
Maybe you should install a camera in a dictionary. I have heard that works pretty well.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

LizzieG wrote:So I was browsing our neighborhood newsletter of sorts, and saw a list of neighborhood watch participants. I scanned the list to see if there was anyone I recognized and, lo and behold, there was a Connie Kendall on the list!!! :shock:

And she lives on my street! :mad:
You've been holding out on us. :noway: