Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I just sent a facebook message that began like this: "Hi, my name is Liz. You may remember me..."

I very much felt like I should end that sentence with "we dated a couple of times last week." :lol:
Perron
Tallying up

Post by Perron »

In a hymnbook that I was looking at the other day there was a hymn and the name of the tune was 'Rathbun'. No kidding. :D
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Perron wrote:In a hymnbook that I was looking at the other day there was a hymn and the name of the tune was 'Rathbun'. No kidding. :D
Haha, that's my band teacher's name. :D First name: Larry. :(
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

LizzieG wrote:I just sent a facebook message that began like this: "Hi, my name is Liz. You may remember me..."

I very much felt like I should end that sentence with "we dated a couple of times last week." :lol:
Call me brain-missing, but what should that remind me of? :-k
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Amethystic wrote:
LizzieG wrote:I just sent a facebook message that began like this: "Hi, my name is Liz. You may remember me..."

Call me brain-missing, but what should that remind me of? :-k
I express similar sentiments to those posted by the user above me. I must have missed a Liz episode...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Replace the "Liz" with "Mitch." And imagine Connie saying the line (which... might not be exactly word-for-word). And think Plan A, but the next letter. ;)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

LizzieG wrote:Replace the "Liz" with "Mitch." And imagine Connie saying the line (which... might not be exactly word-for-word). And think Plan A, but the next letter. ;)
Oh-- thank you. Those are too many inferences for me.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

My Sunday school teacher mentioned the 'Q' document on Sunday.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

greencardigan wrote:My Sunday school teacher mentioned the 'Q' document on Sunday.
It's real? Or is it still a theory?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

KODY 105 wrote:
greencardigan wrote:My Sunday school teacher mentioned the 'Q' document on Sunday.
It's real? Or is it still a theory?
It's still a theory. :)
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I remember when we studied this in my college New Testament class, it reminded me of Odyssey. I also thought of The Search for Whit when the "lost" gospel of Judas was a big deal recently, and when I was reading The Da Vinci Code. AND (The Search for Whit has been influential in my life) I thought about it when I was in Jerusalem, I kept thinking of Whit saying "Meet me at the Eched bus terminal on Joppa street."
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I sat next to a guy on a plane that sounded like Marshal Younger! (...at least some of the time). I tried to record his voice on my cell phone three times, but, sadly, he was not very good at "performing" on cue. ;)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

I went skiing this weekend (for the first time, it was totally awesome) and every time I got on the lift I thought of Wooton's friend who doesn't have knees.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I went skiing this weekend (for the first time, it was totally awesome) and every time I got on the lift I thought of Wooton's friend who doesn't have knees.
Really? Whenever I go on the ski lift I think of Wooton's tricycle incident. It kind of puts me on edge when I'm on it. :anxious:
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

A couple weeks ago, I had to dig my car out of the snow, and I had virtually no shovels/etc. to help me out. Every time I think of how to describe how unpleasant that was, I think of Cal's description of the Novacom show Kickboxing Kids (from "Nova Rising"): "12-year-olds fight the forces of evil with only their hands, their feet, and their witty repartee." \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

We're reading "The Odyssey" in english class, so I always think of... well... :anxious:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I know people who have the last names Cunningham and Shultz. Unfortunately, the Cunninghams are rude and jerky and so there's no way that I would be able to convince my Shultz friend to marry one of them. :(
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Real world and Town of Odyssey connection: Lifehacker recently ran an article about "Video game desktop wallpapers," and they showed a lot of Mario ones. I instantly thought of Top Crusader!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I just saw a facebook photo album titled "With a Little Help from My Friends." \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

The biographical information for the author John Milton stated the fact that a book that influenced Milton was written by an Arthur Dent!
Arthur Dent wrote:Novacom's going to take over the world. Would you like a muffin?