Heatwave Holidays

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Heatwave Holidays

Post by jennifertwt »

With July around the corner, I am working on my summer "Heatwave" playlist. Favorite "summer time" eps include Heatwave, Fair-Weathered Fans, and Aloha OY. I need one more "summer" episode for this "mini" album. Then since we in the Lundgren house celebrate Christmas in July, we use the playlist from the original Odyssey Christmas cassette set which is 7 episodes. How DID they ever get 7 episodes on 6 cassettes I wonder...........

Heatwave contenders include: Stormy Weather, Flash Flood, and OUr Best Vacation Ever. However, I hesitate to use anything from Album 2 as we listen to that ALOT over the summer.

Suggestions?
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Relatively Annoying? Was that one in the summer?
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Aftershocker wrote:Relatively Annoying? Was that one in the summer?
I was thinking of that earlier. Have to listen to it!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I understand the need to avoid album 2, but Family Vacation and The Last Great Adventure of the Summer should really be on that list. Maybe Camp What-A-Nut too.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jonathan wrote:I understand the need to avoid album 2, but Family Vacation and The Last Great Adventure of the Summer should really be on that list. Maybe Camp What-A-Nut too.
I have rewritten Family Vacation, VBS Blues, and Camp What-a-Nut in "Christmas in July" themes. the really sad thing now is that when I listen to them I do not "hear" those eps as they are, but rather how I rewrote them. :lol: We listen to Album 2 ALOT over the summer as is.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

The Green Ring Conspiracy takes place in the summer.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

jennifertwt wrote:the original Odyssey Christmas cassette set which is 7 episodes. How DID they ever get 7 episodes on 6 cassettes I wonder...........
I believe they condensed Back to Bethlehem so that it fit on a two-sided cassette. The second part was split over both sides.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Applesauce Saga takes place in the summer.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Christian A. wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:the original Odyssey Christmas cassette set which is 7 episodes. How DID they ever get 7 episodes on 6 cassettes I wonder...........
I believe they condensed Back to Bethlehem so that it fit on a two-sided cassette. The second part was split over both sides.
Thanks! I can sleep at nights now. I used to have that cassette set A LONG time ago............

-- 30 Jun 2013 11:53 am --
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Applesauce Saga takes place in the summer.
ah, I had forgotten that!

-- 30 Jun 2013 11:54 am --
jennifertwt wrote:
Aftershocker wrote:Relatively Annoying? Was that one in the summer?
I was thinking of that earlier. Have to listen to it!
Listened to this yesterday. Alex is with his grandparents for a week, so it is either summer or some other school vacation.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Connie goes to camp??

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

What about Heatwave? >_>
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

DanP740 wrote:What about Heatwave? >_>
That one is No. 1 followed by Fair Weathered Fans and the three parter Aloha Oy. I am wondering how to get ahold of the Best of Odyssey Kids playlist. AioHQ did not list the summer specials after 2009.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden