My Theory About "The New Story Arc"

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
My Theory About "The New Story Arc"

Post by Peachey Keen »

With more info about Album 57, and now 58, coming out, I'm formulating a theory about one of the storylines that are coming in the upcoming season.

I believe that Connie (and maybe some others) will go on a mission trip or perhaps, live in another country for awhile.

Why do I think this, you ask? Here's my reasons:
We all know Connie is going to be dealing with a life-changing event. More than likely, the death of one of her parents and meeting a girl named Jules. Even though Life Expectancy is a 3 parter, I'm guessing that the events in those shows will impact the ones after that. Perhaps Connie feels like she needs to get away from Odyssey for awhile and/or do more for God.

Album 57 is called "A Call to Something More." That title says that a good number of episodes will have that theme. Also, the episodes after Life Expectancy is a 2-part episode called "The Pilot." The theme of that show is service. Perhaps Whit, with his new pilot license, will fly Connie to a third world country.

Yesterday, we found the first name of an episode from Album 58 called "The Launch"
As you can see, the pic of the script says hut. It may or may not be referring to a hut in that other country.

I have a theory on where that country will be.

This album is coming out around the time of the ACTS contest, which stands for A Call to Serve. The winners will go on a missions trip to...Cost Rica. It would very clever for AIO to have contest where kids can serve in the same place that Connie did.

What do you all think?
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

this is an intriguing theory.
as I remember Connie is the only one of the major whit's end employees who hasn't ben gone for an extended period of time...
I am confused
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Eugene the second wrote:this is an intriguing theory.
as I remember Connie is the only one of the major whit's end employees who hasn't ben gone for an extended period of time...
She went on a road trip, right?

Or do you mean that we have never NOT been in contact with her for a long time?
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The latter, I think. I've noticed that, too. :yes:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

But if an episode or episodes are set in the country, she still won't really leave...:(
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I think he means that she'll be seen off to Costa Rica, then abandoned there for a while. That would leave her, but I don't know why they'd do that unless Katie's engaged in the future with some other enormous project. (It it's Illiad House, Phil's gonna hear it from me!)
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

yes we have not lost contact with Connie for an extended period of time. I didn't say I think it will happen I was just making an observation.
I am confused
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Peachey Keen wrote:Also, the episodes after Life Expectancy is a 2-part episode called "The Pilot." The theme of that show is service. Perhaps Whit, with his new pilot license, will fly Connie to a third world country.
I don't really know why, but when I heard you talk about missionaries and service, my first thought was that "The Pilot" could be the story of Nate Saint. He's the missionary pilot who flew Jim Elliot and the other men in to Ecuador to meet the Auca tribe. Your theory is interesting, though.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

BlessedCheesemaker wrote:I don't really know why, but when I heard you talk about missionaries and service, my first thought was that "The Pilot" could be the story of Nate Saint. He's the missionary pilot who flew Jim Elliot and the other men in to Ecuador to meet the Auca tribe. Your theory is interesting, though.
This would be an excellent story to feature on AIO. If this isn't on Album 57, then it needs to be done!
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Ooh, perhaps another episode of Famous Men and Women of History with Eugene?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

BlessedCheesemaker wrote:
Peachey Keen wrote:Also, the episodes after Life Expectancy is a 2-part episode called "The Pilot." The theme of that show is service. Perhaps Whit, with his new pilot license, will fly Connie to a third world country.
I don't really know why, but when I heard you talk about missionaries and service, my first thought was that "The Pilot" could be the story of Nate Saint. He's the missionary pilot who flew Jim Elliot and the other men in to Ecuador to meet the Auca tribe. Your theory is interesting, though.
Interesting idea, I could totally see that being what the episode is about
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

It looks like my idea about The Launch is somewhat invalid now. According to Brock Eastman, The Launch is a 2-part show that is going to be an exclusive part of the Odyssey Adventure Club. However, it still might have something to do with missions.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Peachey Keen wrote:The Launch is a 2-part show that is going to be an exclusive part of the Odyssey Adventure Club.
Hold on a second here, "exclusive"? It's not a part of Season 58? It won't be included with the canonical albums then?
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
Peachey Keen wrote:The Launch is a 2-part show that is going to be an exclusive part of the Odyssey Adventure Club.
Hold on a second here, "exclusive"? It's not a part of Season 58? It won't be included with the canonical albums then?
nope 58 is something else and I've heard that they still want to record that later this summer, or at least the first set of episodes for it. The club will be getting 12 episodes a year that won't be released in a physical copy, and are only available for streaming, I'm guessing one a month, but that might not be the case, just a guess.

They will still be canonical episodes though will all the normal actors, I'm not sure if club episodes will contain parts of story arcs though, I guess we'll just have to wait and see
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime