Favorite AIO Siblings

In light of the Couples thread

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Favorite AIO Siblings

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I was reading the favorite AIO couples thread and I thought of siblings. I really don't know who my favorite set of siblings would be. Marvin and Tamika and Donny and Jimmy come to mind because it resembles my family of older sister/younger brother (me). So I can sympathize with Jimmy and Marvin. What are some of your favorite siblings in Adventures in Odyssey?
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I like the Marvin/Tamika and David/Mandy dynamics (and honestly, I think I'm the only person who didn't mind Robbie Rist as the voice of David). Marvin and Tamika had typical sibling bickering while at the same time being a sibling team; meanwhile, David and Mandy were great to listen to from "Tornado!" to "Life, in the Third Person". I liked David's maturity especially, and how after Mandy broke her leg, he was first obnoxious about it (great big brother \:D/ ), then he prayed with her over their parents.

I have to wonder, though--where is everybody getting the idea that Tamika is older than Marvin? I have always seen Marvin as the older one. Never once have I thought that Tamika was older than Marvin (she's, um, bossy and immature enough to be the younger, imo). :anxious:

I mean, in Album 43, Marvin is in middle school, while Tamika is just about to turn ten (as plot-deviced in "A Lamb's Tale"). She would have been in the fourth grade in that episode. I get that Odyssey ages are always skewed (Miss Kendall, Rodney, Mandy, Trent, and Mr. Whittaker spring to mind), but I still can't see Tamika as the elder (and even with the people I just listed, they've all had their own general age range, and Mandy and Trent weren't retconned to be older than the siblings who were supposed to be older).

I'm not harping or anything; I'm just curious.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

It does often seem that Tamika's the younger, but it's said explicitly in "Bringing Up Dads", I believe, that she's the elder.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
TigerintheShadows

Lies. All lies. :noway:

*cough* Anyway... O:)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

I can believe she's the older sister. She acts like one (aka mom #2). I know I have one, which is why I can sympathize with characters like Jimmy and Marvin. I have always said that having an older sister is like having a second mom expect without all things you love about moms (like kindness...).
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:It does often seem that Tamika's the younger, but it's said explicitly in "Bringing Up Dads", I believe, that she's the elder.
I'd like to contest this point. :noway: I've never heard it said that she was older. In this episode, it's said that she's only eleven years old. Marvin is clearly older than ten years old at this point. Plus, just one album later in "The Chosen One II" he comments on how old for her age Kelly is, saying, "Wow, I was playing with toy trucks when I was ten," which would be an usual comment if he was only a year older now.

And her bossy nature is clearly compensating for being the youngest child. My little sister was exactly like this when she was eleven.
TigerintheShadows

Honestly, I just think she's got a massive diva complex. :-
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Well, there was jimmy and Donna and they were very good together.

Melanie and Robyn Jacobs were also very good, especially since they were real life sisters and so much may have been taken from their real life and relationship. .

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote:Well, there was jimmy and Donna and they were very good together.

Melanie and Robyn Jacobs were also very good, especially since they were real life sisters and so much may have been taken from their real life and relationship. .
And I can sympathize with Melanie (well, except I am not a girl but I still have an older sister). I just remembered Aubrey and Bethany. Now, I will have to say I wasn't begging my sister to not go to college. Quite, the opposite actually. :)