Who should Jason marry?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Who should Jason marry?

No one!
16%
Connie Kendall
32%
Monica Stone
24%
Tasha Forbes
19%
Amy Thegirleveryoneseemstoforgetinthesetypesofpolls
8%

Total votes: 37

Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Who should Jason marry?

Post by Samantha14 »

Just going through some of the current topics, and I noticed who don't have a single multi-character poll based on who Jason should marry! :x (At least, not that my slow brain caught. :P)

Anywho, that's what this is for. \:D/

Com'on gaize. Take the poll. You know you wanna. \:D/
merp.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Who's Amy? :noway:

;)
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Why, Connie Kendall, of course! :noway:

(No real reason; I just think they have marvelous chemistry and I can't not love them in Evangeline's fics. I wouldn't have fanarted them if I didn't like them. :noway: )
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Amy was in an episode called best laid plans way back in fall 2000. She was a single mother with a son named Josh. Jason was driving to speak at the Timothy center and his car broke down and he spent time at their house.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Amyyyyy. You know, the other one who's not obsessed with a furry blue hedgehog? :noway:

Tiger. Tiger. Tiger. Where have I gone wrong with you? :(

Seriously, though. If Jason had to marry someone, it would be either Monica Stone, or Amy. Or, you know, maybe even Alicia! :shock: I never thought of that. :-k

HOWEVER, I'm a Maxnnie fan. Period. And there's no changing my mind. :noway:

(Yes, thank you, JBF. :) )
merp.
TigerintheShadows

Samantha14 wrote:Tiger. Tiger. Tiger. Where have I gone wrong with you? :(
You didn't. Evangeline got to me first. The process is irreversible. :(
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Actually, I remember listening to Best Laid Plans two years ago, and I really thought it would go somewhere. Alas, 'twas not meant to be.

@Tiger: So why is Jason marrying someone less than half his age a good idea?
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:Tiger. Tiger. Tiger. Where have I gone wrong with you? :(
You didn't. Evangeline got to me first. The process is irreversible. :(
*Must go talk some sense into Evangeline* :(
merp.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... NO ONE!
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

If he is to get married, they will have to develop a new character or have a previous one not named Connie become a Christian. Connie and Jason have been developed too much to get married and FotF has already explained the issues with Tasha and Monica (in their current character development).

Now if Tasha, were to get saved I think, they would make a great couple. It would make things interesting to have another couple. It would be like an aggressive and much younger Jack and Joanne.
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

TigerintheShadows wrote: I just think they have marvelous chemistry and I can't not love them in Evangeline's fics.

Why thank you! (You do mean me, don't you?)

(if not there's someone around here who writes J+C fics I should read.... )
TigerintheShadows

The Old Judge wrote:@Tiger: So why is Jason marrying someone less than half his age a good idea?
We're never told how old they are; we're just given general age ranges. Trying to define the ages of Odyssey characters is really a moot point, since Jason should be in his fifties or so but acts like he's in his thirties. Whit should be practically senile by now, but he acts and sounds like he's not even sixty-five yet. (This is Odyssey. Everyone is a Time Lord.) I don't think age should really be a factor, especially since both Jason and Connie are adults, and to adults, age gaps matter far less than they do when one is a kid and the other is almost out of college. ;) That aside, I already answered the question as to why I ship them:
TigerintheShadows wrote:No real reason; I just think they have marvelous chemistry
Flimsy, yes...but reasoning all the same. \:D/
EvangelineWalker wrote:Why thank you! (You do mean me, don't you?)
No, the star Evangeline. ;) Yes, I mean you.
Stop Wooton Around wrote:Now if Tasha, were to get saved I think, they would make a great couple.
I don't think Tasha and Jason really work if for no other reason than their different interests in life. Jason loves adventure, certainly, and he thrives on the thrill of his line of work. But he also wants to settle down--he doesn't want to work full time at the agency; he wants a quiet life, too, and if he were to get married I think he'd want to just settle down and start a family. I don't think Tasha is really interested in that, since it would likely mean she'd have to quit her job, and it's clear that she loves her career in the NSA.
AIO tumblr sideblog
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

TigerintheShadows wrote:
The Old Judge wrote:@Tiger: So why is Jason marrying someone less than half his age a good idea?
We're never told how old they are; we're just given general age ranges. Trying to define the ages of Odyssey characters is really a moot point, since Jason should be in his fifties or so but acts like he's in his thirties. Whit should be practically senile by now, but he acts and sounds like he's not even sixty-five yet. (This is Odyssey. Everyone is a Time Lord.) I don't think age should really be a factor, especially since both Jason and Connie are adults, and to adults, age gaps matter far less than they do when one is a kid and the other is almost out of college. ;) That aside, I already answered the question as to why I ship them:
TigerintheShadows wrote:No real reason; I just think they have marvelous chemistry
Flimsy, yes...but reasoning all the same. \:D/
EvangelineWalker wrote:Why thank you! (You do mean me, don't you?)
No, the star Evangeline. ;) Yes, I mean you.
So I have converted you? \:D/ ;)

I have been conflicted myself of who Jason should end up with; that's why I wrote a Jason/Connie story to see if I could convince myself that they worked together. And, at least in my imagination, they do!

-Although I do agree with everything you said above. I was about to say something similar myself. There's 'Odyssey Time' of course, which can get tricky, so you might as well not try to figure out people's exact ages. ;) And as long as they're adults, it doesn't really matter how far apart they are. I always think of my uncle, who was 32 when he married my aunt, who was 20 (he was 22 when she was only 10! Oh no! ;)). You couldn't find a cuter or more perfect couple! :) They have a happy marriage and some awesome kids so.. there. It can work. :)

I often have a hard time explaining why Connie and Jason should get together (other than reasons why they wouldn't NOT work, and that I like them together), but chemistry is a good reason, I think!
Last edited by EvangelineWalker on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

True, the actors have chemistry, and praise God that Odyssey has good actors. But from a real life perspective, if I was walking down the street, and I saw someone who was about to hit the big "4-0" with a girl who's probably 20, I'd be somewhat disturbed.

"Oh, look, one's about to hit a mid-life crisis, and the other's about to take the big exam," is something that would run through my head.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

The Old Judge wrote:True, the actors have chemistry, and praise God that Odyssey has good actors. But from a real life perspective, if I was walking down the street, and I saw someone who was about to hit the big "4-0" with a girl who's probably 20, I'd be somewhat disturbed.

"Oh, look, one's about to hit a mid-life crisis, and the other's about to take the big exam," is something that would run through my head.

Yes, but if Connie is something like 24 (I've heard that said somewhere) and Jason is 36 or so it would a little more believable. Maybe.
I think you're trying to put more years between them than there really are! ;)
Since there's no way to know how old they are (unless it actually says on the show) I choose to believe that they are closer in age than 20 years apart. (although that wouldn't be as bad as all that. Depends on what the couple is like. I think Jason looks young anyway. :) )
And you can choose to believe what you want to--I'm obviously not going to change your mind. :)
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

EvangelineWalker wrote:
The Old Judge wrote:True, the actors have chemistry, and praise God that Odyssey has good actors. But from a real life perspective, if I was walking down the street, and I saw someone who was about to hit the big "4-0" with a girl who's probably 20, I'd be somewhat disturbed.

Yes, but if Connie is something like 24 (I've heard that said somewhere) and Jason is 36 or so it would a little more believable. Maybe.
I think you're trying to put more years between them than there really are! ;)
Since there's no way to know how old they are (unless it actually says on the show) I choose to believe that they are closer in age than 20 years apart. (although that wouldn't be as bad as all that. Depends on what the couple is like. I think Jason looks young anyway. :) )
And you can choose to believe what you want to--I'm obviously not going to change your mind. :)
Your pushing those age limits to convince yourself that it will work. Connie had a crush on him and that just makes it awkward now especially because the writers have already created a stereotypical Connie that just would feel weird for them to be married. There is no way that relationship works, their characters wouldn't mesh to be committed to each other for life. I mean if Mitch doesn't work (who is actually her age) how does Jason? The only way to make it work is to significantly alter one of the characters (either Jason less wild or Connie significantly more mature) and it would ruin the character behind the name that we have come to love.

I believe this entire Connie-Jason craze stems from the fact that we love both characters, so you want them together but fail to realize that character chemistry, age, occupation, etc. just doesn't gel for a marriage.
TigerintheShadows

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:either Jason less wild or Connie significantly more mature
Even if it didn't lead to Jason and Connie getting together, I'd be all for Connie gaining the maturity she should have, because I honestly think she's about twenty-four or so (not because of the "relationship", but because I actually think Connie is twenty-four) and she really needs to start acting like it--though I think we can safely blame the writers for keeping her as static (or in some cases, regressed) as she's been.
Stop Wooton' Around wrote:character chemistry, age, occupation, etc.
Age I might consider giving you if the age gap is as wide as you're saying (and I've never gotten the impression that it is). But I think there is a good deal of chemistry between the two. As far as occupation is concerned, Jason did remark to Monica-disguised-as-Paula that at some point he wanted to settle down and not travel so much, and after all he's been through, I don't blame him. I wouldn't be surprised if he were much like Whit--more of a consultant for miscellaneous governmental agencies than actually being on the payroll--but I don't think he's looking to make that a career anymore, especially now that he's returned to Odyssey and has taken over J&J Antiques.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

The actors have chemistry but I don't believe the characters do. Do you realize Connie would be marrying her former boss...

Yes, he says he wants to settle down but somehow that has never happened and I have a feeling he never will. Remember when he does "settle" down for awhile he gets "the itch" and never actually does. He thinks he wants to settle down when thinks are hectic but after he sits around for too long he gets antsy.
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:The actors have chemistry but I don't believe the characters do. Do you realize Connie would be marrying her former boss...

Yes, he says he wants to settle down but somehow that has never happened and I have a feeling he never will. Remember when he does "settle" down for awhile he gets "the itch" and never actually does. He thinks he wants to settle down when thinks are hectic but after he sits around for too long he gets antsy.
I do think the characters have chemistry and I don't see a problem with marrying a former boss (key word: former).

However, that does seem to be a pattern with Jason; I don't see him settling down for very long. I really don't see him managing an antique shop much either before something else comes along. This could be the biggest obstacle to their getting together--but then again, fiction is driven by conflict, and a long turbulent romance could be fun to follow (as long as it doesn't get too melodramatic...).
And remember, any obstacle can be surmounted by Love (may sound cheesy but no less true :) )
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Me. :inlove:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)