Who should Jason marry?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Who should Jason marry?

No one!
16%
Connie Kendall
32%
Monica Stone
24%
Tasha Forbes
19%
Amy Thegirleveryoneseemstoforgetinthesetypesofpolls
8%

Total votes: 37

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I never did get the fascination people have with Jason.. >_> And that would be HORRIBLE if Jason married Connie.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

TigerintheShadows wrote:Whit should be practically senile by now, but he acts and sounds like he's not even sixty-five yet. (This is Odyssey. Everyone is a Time Lord.)
Don't worry, the Oddcast's "Top Ten Reasons Whit's a Timelord" video will be out in a couple weeks.

Also, Jason looks 50 in this picture. Image
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Yes, and it looks as if he's gained quite a bit of weight from life as a janitor.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

That picture does not look like Jason.
snubs wrote:I never did get the fascination people have with Jason.. >_>
Then why are you here then? :x (jk ;) )

Because he's Whit's son for one thing. For another thing-- HE's AWESOME!

and Townsend Coleman has a great voice

<3
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

EvangelineWalker wrote:
snubs wrote:I never did get the fascination people have with Jason.. >_>
Then why are you here then? :x (jk ;) )

Because he's Whit's son for one thing. For another thing-- HE's AWESOME!

and Townsend Coleman has a great voice

<3
But most of the time he just seems so fake and annoying. I'll admit, every now and then I like him, but most of the time I don't really care.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Not Connie.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:Do you realize Connie would be marrying her former boss...
She also has a father-daughter relationship with her current boss. ;) I don't think she's even an "employee" at Whit's End in the sense that that's how she's viewed--at least, not anymore. She's not like Nick or Aubrey--she has real relationships with her coworkers and bosses that transcends the usual "subordinate-employer" dynamic. And I don't see that Connie considered Jason to be her "boss" at the time (she may have, but I always thought that she viewed Jack that way more than Jason), and I don't think that's changed anything about their relationship--his former position as her boss clearly hasn't bothered her in considering him a close friend any more than Whit's current position as her boss bothers her in considering him a father figure. With Whit's End, I don't think boss-ship is so much about your position as it is the respect and authority you naturally command, which both Whit and Jack did to varying degrees.
Laurie wrote:Not Connie.
The thread has now been Laurie'd. \:D/

My personal opinion about Connie/Jason, now that I've had time to think about it, is that I don't have a problem with it, but only if it's plausible and if both characters are properly developed, both for each other and just as characters. For one thing, Connie needs to act her age, which, I think, is the goal of this next album--she needs to stop being so static. For another, Jason needs to decide what to do with himself. He can't just keep quitting the agency and then getting reinstated and then quit the agency and get reinstated over and over. I'm not saying he has to necessarily go one way or the other...but he does need to get himself more settled in one area. (But really, is "settling down" in Odyssey really settling down? ;) It's not every small town that gets nearly taken over by a crazy megalomaniac or serves as a base for an evil company trying to brainwash the world.)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

TigerintheShadows wrote: He can't just keep quitting the agency and then getting reinstated and then quit the agency and get reinstated over and over.

So now, along with Whit being a Time Lord, Jason is secretly Jack Bauer, or at least somewhat of a kindred spirit.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

In the past episodes, Jason was always way to old for Connie. However, now since they went through a time warp ruined Connie's age and character...and a lot of other things. I guess it doesn't matter. >_>
TigerintheShadows

The Old Judge wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote: He can't just keep quitting the agency and then getting reinstated and then quit the agency and get reinstated over and over.

So now, along with Whit being a Time Lord, Jason is secretly Jack Bauer, or at least somewhat of a kindred spirit.
You hit the nail on the proverbial head. :yes:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Hey, Tiger, we could do this! Let's send a petition to Focus to do a 24 crossover with Odyssey. Bring in Keifer Sutherland and Townsend Coleman, and let the magic begin. After all, it wouldn't seem too strange. Jason's already done work for the NSA and FBI, having to do some work for CTU wouldn't hurt him.

This idea is what I want for Christmas now. :pray:
---Jeff Fugate
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I think it would be intriguing to have a certain Timelord visit Odyssey for an episode or two.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

The Old Judge wrote:Hey, Tiger, we could do this! Let's send a petition to Focus to do a 24 crossover with Odyssey. Bring in Keifer Sutherland and Townsend Coleman, and let the magic begin. After all, it wouldn't seem too strange. Jason's already done work for the NSA and FBI, having to do some work for CTU wouldn't hurt him.

This idea is what I want for Christmas now. :pray:
-- 28 Jul 2013 02:06 pm --
Monty wrote:I think it would be intriguing to have a certain Timelord visit Odyssey for an episode or two.

Both good ideas. \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Please don't bring Doctor Who into this... >_> :boohoo:
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

snubs wrote:Please don't bring Doctor Who into this... >_> :boohoo:
Aw, you don't like Doctor Who?! Everrrryone should like him. :cry:

It would be fun to have crossovers, but seriously, it's probably not going to happen outside of fanfiction.

Though I can just see Jason and Jack Bauer having an adventure together... hmmm.... :)
TigerintheShadows

I don't think they'd get along very well, if for no other reason than Jason's likely disapproval of Jack Bauer's...erm, "information-gaining" techniques. ;)

(And for the record, I don't like Doctor Who. I don't actively dislike it...but I don't like it, either.)
AIO tumblr sideblog
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

TigerintheShadows wrote:I don't think they'd get along very well, if for no other reason than Jason's likely disapproval of Jack Bauer's...erm, "information-gaining" techniques. ;)
Yes, there is that. I've only seen a couple seasons of 24. But they could start out working together, getting along at first, and then some moral issue could come up, and Jason could confront him, which could get interesting.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

snubs wrote:Please don't bring Doctor Who into this... >_> :boohoo:
BUT WHY NOT?!?!?!?!
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I wish that I had clicked on this topic sooner!
Kait wrote:Me. :inlove:
You should have thought about that before you married another man. :noway: Luckily, I'm still single... O:)

I really love Jason, and I have liked different people he was involved with at different times. I was always disappointed that he told Monica that he might bring her flowers on Valentine's Day, and then we never heard about that again. :( I think I still like the idea of Jason and Tasha the most, because they've know each other the longest and the episodes that they're in together are such great ones, but I really could potentially see Jason with any of the people in the poll, and I have never been able completely pick just one that I love to the exclusion of all others. :(
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

you'll have to change poll options after 57 airs ... :)
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime