Medical Center of Love

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Medical Center of Love

Post by The Old Judge »

I got bored, so i just looked up the topic for Medical Center of Love on AIOWiki. Apparently the last time I listened to Soaplessly Devoted, I missed how shallow the show was made to sound. (Except for the part of Derek ripping out his IV and jogging three miles against the doctor's orders just to tell Holly he loved her.)

To understand the joy I got out of reading this, here:
http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Medical_Center_of_Love

The sad thing is, that doesn't sound that much different than soap operas in real life. Thus, I can see why they're dying. Maybe some devoted Odyssey fan with no dignity will make a spoof of this show and put it up for us? Please? That would be amazing.

Who else thinks this is hilarious?
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Don't forget Young Hearts Turning, featured in The Meaning of Sacrifice, faithfully watched by Donna and Jessie.

There was also a show in This is Chad Pearson?, but I can't remember the name of the show or if it was actually a soap opera.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Was there ever anything mentioned about the show, such as its content or characters?

The funny thing is, I didn't remember the name of that soap, or the title of the episode in which it was featured, until you referenced Donna and Jesse. Then I remembered. "Well, it's just a magazine, not the show itself. I'm gonna get it." Way to go, Donna. So young, and you've already found a loophole. :shame:
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

The show with Chad Pearson was "Heartbreak Condominium", and there was also "Days of the Sands of our Lives", from "All's Well With Boswell", which Jessie was bawling her eyes out over, because of Sylvia and Roger and Roger's receding hairline.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The Old Judge wrote:The funny thing is, I didn't remember the name of that soap, or the title of the episode in which it was featured, until you referenced Donna and Jesse. Then I remembered. "Well, it's just a magazine, not the show itself. I'm gonna get it." Way to go, Donna. So young, and you've already found a loophole. :shame:
And here Robyn's the one in law school. :noway:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

But, then again, Robyn could handle the job of being a lawyer better than Donna. Sure she messed up a lot in the episodes we heard her in, but that continued to build her character. She was still spastic occasionally, but sometimes that's needed in a court room. Donna relied too much on her emotions. And, you of course know, relying on emotions is not a good thing. Then she was friends with Jesse. Truthfully, I never really liked that girl, and she was so dramatic. They could've made an Odyssey spinoff about her life. It most likely would have been a soap opera, and here's what it could have been called:

The Young and the Morales
---Jeff Fugate
TigerintheShadows

What about Morales Place? Or perhaps Ugly Jessie? Maybe The Morales Today?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Or The Bold, the Beautiful, and Jessie. (I really don't know about soap operas, so I looked up the most reliable source: Wikipedia \:D/ )

Okay, let's figure out a title, and then we can make the premise of the plot.
---Jeff Fugate
TigerintheShadows

I think Morales Place would be our best bet, as out of all of the names we suggested, it's the one that is most well-known and makes some degree of sense as a parody.
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Um, could you please tell me what Morales Place would be about, so you can you tell me what the real show is about, so we can work out a parody?
---Jeff Fugate
TigerintheShadows

Melrose Place follows a group of young adults living in a brownstone apartment complex on Melrose Place in L.A. Apparently it's a sequel to Beverly Hills 90210...perhaps then we would have to have Odyssey Hills 90210 first (the original is about a group of teenagers in Beverly Hills...perhaps we could consider the era of Jessie's run to be that show). It would be about, say...Jessie's parents owning an apartment complex and her allowing her friends to stay there? #unimaginative
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

No, we can work with this. So, there's five young people ranging from 19 to 24 in this apartment. There needs to be a foil for the protagonists, though, so let's make it the college professor of molecular biology, and a more mild antagonist could be the journalist who lives on the floor below them. Here's the cast so far:

Jessie Morales: 22 years old.
Unnamed 19 year old guy
Unnamed 21 year old girl
Unnamed 24 year old guy
Unnamed 21 year old girl
Professor Wesley Ballford, 56 year old professor of molecular biology. Primary antagonist.
Unnamed journalist, 31 year old guy

Can someone else come in and help me out with names?
---Jeff Fugate
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

Here's some names I like:

Unnamed 24 year old guy - Henry McCormick
Unnamed journalist, 31 year old guy - Phillip Andrews
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I decided to do NaNoWriMo this year. As a long-time Odyssey fan, I thought fan fiction would be the most fun way to write a novel, so I came back to this spin-off idea of Morales Place.

So, if anyone has any ideas about what Jessie and her 5-7 young adult friends could do or exerience, I would be happy to hear them.

If I finish the novel and it's readable, I will pass it on to all of you.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth