How Many Years Have You Listened to Odyssey?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

How Many Years Have You Listened to Odyssey?

Post by The Old Judge »

I know this topic may exist in the archives somewhere, but I want to know how long you all have been listening, just so I can know what kind of fans I'm dealing with here. :lol: I'll go first:

I've been a fan of Adventures in Odyssey for 3 1/2 years.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Heard my first episode in 1995, when I was 9. I didn't get my first album or hear any more than a few episodes until 2000. By the time 2003 rolled around I was very hooked.

So technically 18 years (yikes), though I've been a fan for 10-13.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I'm not actually sure the exact number, but I think I started listening around 1995. So 18 years or so. :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

My brother found a single cassette tape of The Popsicle Kid at a local store. That episode first aired in 2001, so it must've been over a decade ago. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

I started listening to the show when I was 5 in '98 and started my collection (albums 1-51 +selected special release albums) in 2000.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I can't remember the year unfortunately but I do remember hearing a radio personality on my local Christian station talking about AIO. She said she listened and mentioned that their AM station aired AIO. So I started listening. The first episodes I heard were Recollections and Promises, Promises. I remember going to a Family Christian Store and buying Welcome to Odyssey my first album. I've been listening via the ToO and the albums ever since. My local stations stopped airing AIO and I can no longer get HisKids.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I know I listened to AIO when I was 7 years old. One of the first times I remember listening to it was when my parents cleaned the office where my dad worked, and I sat in the car and listened it on the radio every Sunday. I took out all the tapes from my library and listened to them quite regularly too, so I guess that would be around 13 years for me.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

My parents have been listening since Family Portraits (in fact, I remember listening to tapes of FP that they had recorded from the radio complete with commentary from Dr. Dobson) so I've been listening--willingly or not--all 26 years.

The first specific memory I have of listening to AIO was when I was 9ish--so 20 years ago (I know, I can't believe I'm that old, either). A group was trying to start a Christian radio station in my town, and my parents were talking to friends about it. I chimed in "And when the radio station starts airing, we can listen to Adventures in Odyssey at 6:05 instead of waiting until 7:30."

I got my first tapes when I won a contest on above mentioned radio station--Album 12 At Home and Abroad.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

I must have started listening around 1993. I really started getting into AIO around 1994-1995. I remember a friend of mine worked at a local christian station and he would give me all the AIO cassettes he played at the station. Through the years I've gotten my daughter listening (though not as big a fan as me) and now my 11 year old son is starting to enjoy them.
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've been listening for about 20 years. My parents saw AIO advertised in FOTF's magazine and ordered an album, and the rest is history! \:D/ Every childhood Christmas and birthday was sure to bring more Odyssey my way, and then I started buying my own as an adult.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

best I can guess I started listening "accidentally" when I stumbled on Back to Bethlehem somewhere around 1992, based on where I was living at the time. I immediately went to the phone and ordered the cassettes. I worked in AWANA then and would listen on "off" nights as I missed being with the kids. Then I started listening whenever I was home and it was on, then I bought my first two albums on sale in 2002 when I had a job that left me often the only one in the office. Listening to Odyssey made me feel there were other people around. Then, I started listening every day as it came on during "dish" time after dinner. Then I was hooked and started collecting the albums slowly, then in more earnest when I new I was leaving the US. Idid not know if I would ever be able to listen again.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Since Family Portraits and Odyssey USA So I believe 27 yrs.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

My earliest memory of listening to Odyssey is hearing "Exit" on the radio when it first aired, so about ten or eleven years. I didn't really start getting into it and buying albums and stuff until about five years ago though.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother