June Kendall Tribute

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

June Kendall Tribute

Post by jennifertwt »

Post your favorite June Kendall episode!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Emotional Baggage
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

hm........have to listen to that one, right now I am listening to Thank You, God.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Father's Day and Emotional Baggage
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Where is Thy Sting? and With a Little Help From my Friends
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
whittaker96
Gold Member

Post by whittaker96 »

Eggshells.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

We have been listening to the June Kendall eps listed on AIOWiki. I am amazed that over 25 years, she was only in around 20 eps. Wow.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

As mentioned in our Oddcast review of the 3-parter (which will be up soon), I was very happy that June was in 20 episodes, securing her spot as a Major Character according to the AIOWiki standard, before her passing.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

To think that all those years ago when AIO was getting started, our favorite character Connie had a mother. We didn't get to see her as much as perhaps Mrs. Barclay or any of the current mothers on the show, but we did get to see her some, and for some reason, we remember her better than others. Why is that? Because of the significance she had because Connie was such a major character?

Talking about all these characters makes me feel like I'm talking about my friends from long ago. Wow.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Mr. Sunnys
Gold Member

Post by Mr. Sunnys »

"Where is Thy Sting?" Was a very good one. I believe it is the one where she becomes a Christian. Or was that Grandma Kendall...
"My avatar is awesome."
"You are lame, and so is your dog."
Romans 8:28 ~~Sunnys~~ <BIBLE|---
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Where is Thy Sting focuses on Grandma Kendall´s funeral and subsequent salvation of June Kendall. It is one of the GREAT episodes of all time. I like that it was alluded to in Life Expectancy.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

A Touch of Healing and Where is Thy Sting received BOATLOADS of references in Life Expectancy, both direct and indirect. These ranged from using Wexford's Funeral Home for June's funeral to singing "All Hail The Power of Jesus' Name" in the service.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent