ATTN: AIO Adventure Club episodes discussion with Brock

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jonathan wrote:I think he meant Harley's departure from the show was influenced by letters from listeners.
ah. I never understood that. I thought he was a great character. And I also realized after going to bed last night that it was Family Portraits I was thinking of that had recently been released. Have the Officer Harley eps been released too? I have waited 25 years for that.

-- 20 Oct 2013 09:27 am --
American Eagle wrote:I'd love to see the actual numbers, but I'm guessing that Odyssey is one of the few ministries of FOTF that actual brings a profit.
As a non-profit, that information should be public somewhere.

-- 20 Oct 2013 05:57 pm --
Jason Whits Son wrote:For a more in depth look at what I think check out my blog here; Campbell County Connection

I could be wrong, but I think the episodes in the club are likely to be similar to that of the Truth Chronicles in the sense that they really don't add depth to the series as a whole. If that's the case, then those fans that choose not to join aren't really missing much. To me it looks like there is quite a lot of perks within the club. Not all fans have the luxery of owning every album, and those that don't that decide to join the club will have all of them and also ones that are no longer available to get.
Maybe after a year or so the club's price will drop. Who knows? All I can say is people pay for internet and cable, if a person wants it bad enough they will find the money if it's there.
Based on alot of your points, I could reconsider being a member. However 1) I am in Europe, so I would want to make absolutely sure I had complete access and not get the "Not available in your country" like I do with the intro video, 2)right now we are both employed albeit temporarily after 6 years of on and off employement, I am sure you have read about the financial crisis in Europe as well as the US, so I would not have anything that has a contract until one or both of us have fulltime permanent jobs, so, not this year, and 3) IF I supported Focus and AIO in this way, I would count it as part of my giving to God and therefore reduce giving in another area, I do not believe that is what Focus and AIO are advocating, but it is reality. There is only so much money per month and if we are being fed spiritually by AIO, then it counts as tithing/giving.

If this club goes beyond one year, I can see AIO becoming less important in our lives. Rather than something I "follow", it might be something I check out every now and then. I have more than enough material (57+ albums) to keep me satisfied for the rest of my life. NOt to mention the video series and Last Chance Detectives. I never got into Kidsboro. We would like the Imagination Station books, but I am waiting for omnibooks with more than one story in them. Even if the OAC eps are like The Truth Chronicles,which I LOVE, I would still like to see them released on hard copy and iTunes for a wider audience.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

jennifertwt wrote:I never understood that. I thought he was a great character.
The complaints were that a bumbling, Harlow-Doyle-prototype officer as the only representation of law enforcement or investigation appeared disrespectful to the police...and as someone who's never been a particularly big fan of Harlow Doyle, I have to agree. :p His episodes were remade, though, and he was replaced with someone in each of them (case in point: "The Trouble With Girls, the remake of "Bobby's Valentine", replaced Officer Harley with Eugene), so it's unlikely that they'd be released--it's basically the same story with different character names.

I also agree with Reddo about the episodes not likely to be released. Even "Pamela Has A Problem" was released at some point, but those four are unlikely to ever see the light of day again. Plus, they were from the split era, and the fewer episodes from that dark time we hear, the better, imo. ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

How wil we hear these club episodes I wonder ?? is it only online ?? can we download them or listen to them on car trips and such ??

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote:How wil we hear these club episodes I wonder ?? is it only online ?? can we download them or listen to them on car trips and such ??
I think it is only online and only members can listen to them. My understanding of the OAC is that the episodes are online only and will not be released in album format. If they are made available for download only members would be able to download episodes. I could be wrong of course, this is guess work on my part.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

that was only a possibility of how the OAC eps could work. I do not know what the writers have in mind.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

web version is online only, iOS version 5 episodes can be saved for offline use, for Android no offline because FOTF doesn't know how to read a market share chart and isn't making an app at all for us :evil:
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

jennifertwt wrote:If this club goes beyond one year, I can see AIO becoming less important in our lives. Rather than something I "follow", it might be something I check out every now and then. I have more than enough material (57+ albums) to keep me satisfied for the rest of my life.
Oh I can garuntee that'd happen to me. I don't really need another reason to sit at my computer (I'm trying to do that less these days), and the only place I listen to the show is in my car. I know I'm capable of walking away; the show has lost me once before. And, I don't see the point of following the show anymore if half of the episodes--which, I think was confirmed, will be canon--are unavailable to me.

This thing reaches 2015, and they will fail to get anymore money out of me. Unless there's another live show. They'll get one ticket out of me then, but that's it.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I will probably turn to Iliad House to fill the void of AIO. It's been a while since I've had 2 audio dramas to follow.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

A setup like Amazon Prime would make a lot more sense. Anyone can buy the episodes, but if you have premium membership you can stream all of them for otherwise free.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Bren wrote:I will probably turn to Iliad House to fill the void of AIO. It's been a while since I've had 2 audio dramas to follow.
Iliad house?

-- 21 Oct 2013 06:15 am --
Knight Fisher wrote:A setup like Amazon Prime would make a lot more sense. Anyone can buy the episodes, but if you have premium membership you can stream all of them for otherwise free.
Yes I would go for that and would probably buy every one to keep my digital collection complete.

-- 21 Oct 2013 06:19 am --

I listen mostly in the kitchen with the computer while doing dishes or using the mp3 either commuting or in bed. I like being able to change out the eps and create my own playlist on the computer and then upload to my own devices. I only have Family Portraits and a few others (Stepping Stones, Back to Bethlehem, The Imagination Station) on the Ipod.

We folllow Odyssey, Down Gilead Lane (which has technically ended), and Patch the Pirate (I know it is juvenile, but it helped me out of a depression when I refused medication). In the US I also followed Tinyburg Tales and Faith Crossing, but they are hard to catch here. The radio times and time differences make it tough.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Iliad House is Phil Lollar's latest project. It's gonna be great!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

JesusFreak777 wrote:Iliad House is Phil Lollar's latest project. It's gonna be great!
I am sure it will be, but I really do not need to get involved in anything else. I was half hoping Odyssey would end with album 50 or 55 so I would not have to worry about keeping up with it. But, if the club flops, it might end with Album 60.......since I am assuming the OAC eps will be Album 58 or 59 and the regular album the other one.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jennifertwt wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:Iliad House is Phil Lollar's latest project. It's gonna be great!
I am sure it will be, but I really do not need to get involved in anything else. I was half hoping Odyssey would end with album 50 or 55 so I would not have to worry about keeping up with it. But, if the club flops, it might end with Album 60.......since I am assuming the OAC eps will be Album 58 or 59 and the regular album the other one.
with the current plan 58 will be out next year, 59 in 2015 and 60 in 2016, the OAC episodes won't be in a numbered album
Reddo
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

hm.....then how will the OAC eps be canon?
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jennifertwt wrote:hm.....then how will the OAC eps be canon?
Because they said so??? From what I've heard the episodes might not even get episode numbers but that hasn't been confirmed yet.
Reddo
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

They have to have numbers, otherwise it makes no sense unless they do OAC 1, etc. Then again, I do not think the club makes sense. ;-)

I was thinking last night as I was not sleeping, that this is all part of the "digital" world where no one owns anything, you just pay over and over again in order to "have access". I like knowing things (CD´s, real books, DVD´s) are "mine" and I can buy, sell, trade, discard, or give away my things according to my wishes, not someone else´s. They are an investment, maybe not worth much to anyone else, but worth alot to me and my intellect.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I think we all--myself included--may have been confusing "canon" with "has bearing on the current plot", which are not the same thing. The Truth Chronicles and the Kidsboro eps are canon, and neither of those are in a numbered album. It's possible to be canon without having any real bearing on current storylines. They can just be filler--content that isn't necessary to understand the current plot, but is cool to see/hear/read anyway. TV shows and even some books do it all the time. If that's the case for the OAC episodes, then I'm totally cool with them being canon, in spite of the price continuing to bug me. One could argue about worldbuilding information, but if we just get some tidbits from the episode summaries about Odyssey that we didn't know beforehand, the fact that we haven't heard the episodes containing said information is really immaterial.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Even so, we are still losing 12 episodes a year.
edit--and to be honest, in some ways I prefer slice of life eps as opposed to storylines.
Last edited by Jonathan on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jonathan wrote:Even so, we are still losing 12 episodes a year.
edit--and to be honest, in some ways I prefer slice of life eps as opposed to storylines.
I like both kinds and LOVE The Truth Chronicles. The simplest way to satisfy everyone would be to put the OAC eps on iTunes to buy either as they come out or at the end of the year. I could live with that. Then those that are in the club can listen to them first and those of us that are not still have the opportunity to buy them "sound unheard". I would do that as long as I had any kind of job as opposed to a contract when my job is only temporary.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

FYI, Kidsboro do have episode numbers: 643, 644, & 645.

I'm planning something to gather fans with similar views from all across the Internet and more come January. I sure hope this, the exclusiveness, and the lack of people paying the $180 will make the OAC only eps a thing of the past.