Will You Be Joining The OAC?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will You Be Signing Up For Odyssey Adventure Club?

Absolutely!
11%
Most Likely
5%
Probably Not
32%
Flat-Out Refuse
52%

Total votes: 44

Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Will You Be Joining The OAC?

Post by Dallas R. »

So, I know that between the "One AIO Season a Year" thread and Facebook, most of us have already shared our thoughts and opinions of the OAC, but I'm curious as to what people are actually going to decide come January.

Personally, I refuse to sign up. As much as I might want to hear the episodes, I do not want any part in making sure the club lasts beyond next year.
Last edited by Dallas R. on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I am between the refusal and just not going to happen. One, I don't have the money so it is out of the question no matter what I want. And two, if it really is going to be how it is sounding, I don't really want to be a part of it.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

Sure. I will try it out at first.

no harm in trying. its not really that much money. if i dont like it.. one day soon ill have kids they will.. considering i am going to brain wash them into liking it.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Nope. I have other things I'd rather spend my money on, and besides, even if I did have $180 extra dollars at my disposal, I can't justify spending that much for 12 episodes.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

I'm hearing a lot of people say they're against $180 for 12 episodes. Bt let's keep in mind that the cost covers Cllubhouse for the year and other things too...
That said, neither me nor my parents or siblings will be spending that much money. And personally I don't want to be part of helping OAC last any longer than the first year.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Mimi wrote:I'm hearing a lot of people say they're against $180 for 12 episodes. Bt let's keep in mind that the cost covers Cllubhouse for the year and other things too...
That said, neither me nor my parents or siblings will be spending that much money. And personally I don't want to be part of helping OAC last any longer than the first year.
I was going to mention that, Mimi. Because it is not just for 12 episodes, but for much more content...it's just most of that content I am not all that interested in.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

So I decided to So, I decided to browse the comments about the OAC Social Shout-out
Brock on how to make money wrote:1. Mow 1 yard.
2. Walk your neigbors’ dogs once a week.
3. You could do a bake sale or even a lemonade stand. (though a snowcone stand might make more sense this time of year)
4. Skip ordering 1 pizza per month.
Brock on the contents of the club wrote:All but about 4 or so episodes will release. Officer Harley, Family Portraits, Last Chance Detectives Audio, Last Chance Detectives Movies, Adventures in Odyssey movies, and a few other things will release over the course of the year if all goes as planned, more AIO content for you!
Brock on the age details wrote:Once your parent or 18 year old signs up the club, there will be 4 other accounts per membership for you to have your very own club experience. The club is for everyone! We just have to have permission from your parents to give you access and for billing!
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Nope.
Last edited by Jonathan on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I can sorta see his point concerning contracts and how that would cause an issue.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Brock on the age details wrote:...there will be 4 other accounts per membership...
I already found an easy way to cheat the system. Bren, Jonathan, snubs and Mimi, how'd you guys like to share a membership with me? :anxious:

(Just making a point.)
Bren wrote:I can sorta see his point concerning contracts and how that would cause an issue.
Can you explain?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Depends on which last name I have to take on.
Brock wrote:We expect that at some point they could release, but this would be a year after the last episode in the twelve aired, so the first episode The Launch would be 2 years old at that point. Further because of our contracts and agreements to tell some of these stories we dont know always when or if they can release.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

It costs money????? uh no thank you
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Not me. I pay for the albums. I should not have to pay to listen too. ALL episodes should be free to everyone.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

No. That kind of money. .no. Getting regular albums is hard enough as it is.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

No, it is too inexpensive. I won't sign up unless they triple the cost.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

you're missing an option to be an alternating member, be a member for 1 month, get caught up on the episodes, then take a few months off of being a member.

If you be a member for 1 month, then take 3 months off from the club and repeat, you'll only ever be 3 episodes behind and the total cost for the year is $45, this is the plan that I'm probably going to go for.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Reddo wrote:you're missing an option to be an alternating member, be a member for 1 month, get caught up on the episodes, then take a few months off of being a member.

If you be a member for 1 month, then take 3 months off from the club and repeat, you'll only ever be 3 episodes behind and the total cost for the year is $45, this is the plan that I'm probably going to go for.
IMHO $45 is just as bad as paying $25. No one should have to pay to listen to Adventures in Odyssey.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Laurie wrote:
Reddo wrote:you're missing an option to be an alternating member, be a member for 1 month, get caught up on the episodes, then take a few months off of being a member.

IMHO $45 is just as bad as paying $25. No one should have to pay to listen to Adventures in Odyssey.
You have to be kidding. Things cost money to produce, package and distribute. How is Focus supposed to keep AIO going?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Is this a legit option? I almost added it, but I wasn't sure it was a yearly contract, especially with the subscription to Clubhouse thrown in there. If this did work, I might consider signing up each December to listen through the new episodes.
But the real dilemma would be that even though I'd be all caught up, I spent fifteen bucks just to listen to the episodes. I will still not own the episodes, whereas I could buy a full album on CBD for about the same cost.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

American Eagle wrote:
Laurie wrote:

You have to be kidding. Things cost money to produce, package and distribute. How is Focus supposed to keep AIO going?
I know. AIO has to cost something for them to continue producing it.