Will You Be Joining The OAC?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will You Be Signing Up For Odyssey Adventure Club?

Absolutely!
11%
Most Likely
5%
Probably Not
32%
Flat-Out Refuse
52%

Total votes: 44

therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

Actually, from how it sounds, I think that we don't have too much to worry about... at least as far as "hearing" the exclusive episodes is concerned. Here is the response they gave me on facebook earlier today:

"Adventures in Odyssey @Joe- Thanks for taking a moment to get in touch. Future club members will have access to previous exclusive episodes. Unfortunately, they will not be available in any other format. Merry Christmas!"

So, we now know that ALL of the "exclusive" episodes will be archived for OAC members, meaning that if we join in December, we'll be able to hear all of the previous year's episodes. After hearing this, my only concern was whether or not I'd have to sign up for an entire year or whether or not I could pay month-to-month. Finally, today they answered that question too:

"yes, it will be a month-month membership for $15.00 monthly. Blessings! #HelpingFamiliesThrive"

Personally, I have no problem paying 15 bucks, once a year to hear the exclusive episodes. Sure, it's not as good as buying an album, but it's not terrible either. I understand that some will not be able to hear the episodes since they won't be airing on the radio and I certainly "get" their frustration, but it sounds like the folks at Focus brainstormed for a way to keep producing the show, likely due to sinking funds. Myself working in broadcast radio, I know first-hand that the industry is hurting all the way from the bottom to the top. Yes, it is first and foremost a ministry, but it's also a very real possibility that there is (or at least) was a risk of Odyssey going off the air for good. If this club helps raise the funds necessary to keep it on the air, then I'll gladly give my 15 bucks a year, as long as I'm able to do so. I won't pay it monthly because I have no need for it monthly and 180/year doesn't fit into my budget either.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

wait, you just said you had no problem.........

oh well, it does not matter. I may start my hiatus earlier. I just have no desire to listen to my regular Christmas favorites anymore. It is like the life has gone out of Odyssey for me. There are alot of other things I could be doing with the time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my TOO friends.........
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

No, I really don't have a problem as long as I only have to pay for one month to catch up. I am a longtime fan of the show but I really don't take it personally, especially as long as they make it somewhat affordable for everyone to catch up on the exclusive eps. I will probably join in December foe ONE month, just so we can hear the OAC eps and then I will cancel in Jan. as long as the club continues, I will join every Dec @ 15 bucks a year.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

That's my plan too, except joining twice a year, then I'm only ever 5 episodes behind
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Hmm. Being able to pay month to month does change things a little. I guess I'd be willing to use my Christmas money each December to hear the exclusive episodes. Especially the first year, I could hear the Last Chance Detectives for the first time, see some bonus content. All of that. Fifteen dollars a year. That's a price I'm willing to pay I guess. This is not me saying I like the club. It's me finding the positive in a tough situation.

Double post fixed - Woody
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Reddo wrote:That's my plan too, except joining twice a year, then I'm only ever 5 episodes behind
true, but there is still not the possiblity of owning them. Unless of course one does it the old fashioned way and records on cassette while the ep is playing on the computer.........I guess I could consider that if we keep our jobs this year........then again, there is still the question of paying from a foreign bank account.......We shall see. T minus 6 days to my hiatus.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

jennifertwt wrote:
Reddo wrote:That's my plan too, except joining twice a year, then I'm only ever 5 episodes behind
true, but there is still not the possiblity of owning them. Unless of course one does it the old fashioned way and records on cassette while the ep is playing on the computer.........I guess I could consider that if we keep our jobs this year........then again, there is still the question of paying from a foreign bank account.......We shall see. T minus 6 days to my hiatus.
you could also just record your speakers output with a program like audacity, or you could just use software that'll download the source file of anything that you stream.
It's also available world wide, all you need is a credit card
Last edited by Reddo on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reddo
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

well, there you go. the tech generation.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

It appears as though you have to live in the US to join.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

So you can record the exclusive episodes from the OAC website? Wouldn't that be considered piracy?
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

The Old Judge wrote:So you can record the exclusive episodes from the OAC website? Wouldn't that be considered piracy?
I know there are differing opinions on the subject, but to me piracy means sharing........not just recording for your own personal use. As stated above, one could just use an old fashioned cassette recorder and record from the speakers like many of us did from the radio. Is that piracy?
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

if you're sharing it, yes it's piracy, if you're only using it for yourself it's kind of a grey area
Reddo
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

But in your professional opinion, would downloading those episodes for personal use be fine?
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

If there is no opportunity to buy them and you are paying through the nose for the privilege of having access, I would be recording them in some way for my own personal use. But, that is me and I am not a professional.

-- 02 Jan 2014 06:53 pm --
Bren wrote:It appears as though you have to live in the US to join.
that would be another issue. I never did get the emails even though I signed up for them. ](*,)
And they never answered my questions about paying from a foreign bank account.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

yes, it would be piracy, you agreed to pay for 1 month of access, if you keep access it after that you're not keeping your word.

Also the emails were not restricted by location, it was just a buggy system, I got them, I'm Canadian, Jacob did not get them, he's from the US
Reddo
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

I am signed up!

perfect way to start the new year.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Reddo wrote:yes, it would be piracy, you agreed to pay for 1 month of access, if you keep access it after that you're not keeping your word.

Also the emails were not restricted by location, it was just a buggy system, I got them, I'm Canadian, Jacob did not get them, he's from the US
Well, it seems a moot point as it is now clear that the OAC is only available in the US. Even if I were inclined to pay for it, I would not be able to access it. But, I can sure tell you that if I were paying $15 per month and the OAC eps were my only reason, I would be recording them on the old fashioned micro-cassette recorder. There is no way you can tell me that is illegal. And I am so angry at AIO right now that I might make copies and send them around the world for free if I could, but of course I can´t so this is just me blowing more steam. ](*,)
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

you can download the episodes from OAC with most firefox plugin's they are .ogg format. i just convert them to mp3 for my ipod.

i would never give them away. though no point.

I am grateful for this club cause i am paying for the account and my nieces and nephews now can listen along with me. Their future means more than the money.

I dont understnad why every one is mad you can get 15 dollars a month easy if you actually try most of you people on this board are smart enough you just seem not to have the drive to. but hey i get it. i am not trying to insult or attack it just seems like a lot of people do more whinning about this club than actually doing any action.

It is why i quit coming here. i am grateful for this club and i am happy. along with all the feed back on the site itself the people like it.. my thoughts fish or cut bait but stop complaining. it only makes you look petty and or spoiled brats.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*avoids snarky remarks*

Is it confirmed that it's only available for U.S. customers, or is it just speculation?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

As of now that is the way it is.
ImageImageImage
logos linked