Zach Callison

bye

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Reddo wrote:As you may have heard by now, the AIO teams has bid farewell to Zach, thoughts? should Matthew get recast? or just disappear?
I was waiting for this to happen. And I have no thoughts.

...I will say this though, I hope this will be the beginning of the Parker family leaving the show. But somehow I feel that is unlikely. >_>
Last edited by snubs on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Camilla and Olivia both were recast, so I doubt this means the Parkers are over ;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The Parkers don't have to leave, per se...they just need to be integrated with other families. I mean...what would be wrong or confusing about using old families and older characters in with the new? The world isn't split into adults and children, with teenagers occupying some sort of void that they enter as soon as they turn thirteen that sends them into age oblivion. The real world has teenagers growing up and learning lessons alongside younger kids, even if they're learning more mature aspects of those lessons...so why doesn't Odyssey, if part of its purpose is to be a teaching tool about dealing with the real world? (The split era, "I Slap Floor", and anything invokving the Jones and Parker Detective Agency notwithstanding.) ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Marvin D. wrote:Camilla and Olivia both were recast, so I doubt this means the Parkers are over ;)
That's why I said it is unlikely. =|
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Tigerintheshadow´s post is way too long to try to quote, but I agree there is alot of potential spiritual struggles in going from child to adolescent. There is taking your parents´faith and making it your own,which was dealt with nicely in the last album. But there are alot of other issues as well, some like modesty, and choosing friends have been dealt with in the past, but could definitely use an "update" as the challenges facing kids target younger and younger groups all the time. This is going to continue to be a problem as long as they are only producing one public album a year. (I refulse to discuss the clug episodes).

I, like Jonathan, am pretty much done with Odyssey if the Club takes off.........and most especially if they only relase the Harley eps to the Club, but I digress......
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

As for letting Matthew grow up.. I am not opposed to the idea, however, I see there being one problem. Wouldn't it be strange for Matthew to grow older and not his siblings?
Jonathan wrote:There's lots of periods of change Odyssey has gone through, and all are different. Doesn't make it better or worse. And I'm gonna have to disagree about Rodney. After about the year 2000, he was just filler and really didn't contribute anything to the show beyond being a plot device. I wasn't sad to see him disappear.
I agree. I still miss Rodney, but I didn't like him very much in his last episodes.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

The family needs to be allowed to age naturally like the Barclays and the Washingtons. As for Rodney, I never liked him, but we are not supposed to.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
TigerintheShadows

It's not so much that we dislike him because he was an annoying person; it's that we dislike him because he was an annoying, useless character who continued to plague schoolchildren and never aged in the process because the fans might have flipped out if he'd left the show. I also question what would have been wrong with, say, Max Hampton being the local bully, but whatever.
snubs wrote:Wouldn't it be strange for Matthew to grow older and not his siblings?
We're complaining about Matthew not aging because his actor is the one who is being dropped, not because he's the only child allowed to age--Olivia and Camilla haven't come up because they're voiced by girls, whose voices don't usually go through significant change in the way that boys' voices do and whose actresses haven't been dropped from the show. I think all of them should age, at least gradually, though I doubt that this is any more likely than it was ten years ago. I still find it odd that they appear to be keeping Andy Pessoa on as Barrett, but they aren't keeping Zach Callison on as Matthew. Why drop one due to voice change, but not the other, especially considering that Andy's voice broke something like three albums ago?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Barrett's voice changed in Album 52, so technically five albums ago.

Unless Zach Callison just no longer wants to play Matthew, and that's merely the reason they're giving for his departure.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

true, speculation is useless. It could have just been the actor´s choice. Wishing him the best!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
TigerintheShadows

Marvin D. wrote:Barrett's voice changed in Album 52, so technically five albums ago.
Details, details. :noway:
Marvin D. wrote:Unless Zach Callison just no longer wants to play Matthew, and that's merely the reason they're giving for his departure.
This is a possibility. It's never that simple, though. :noway:

I would think that they would tell us if Zach were simply moving on as an actor. What would have been wrong with that? They wouldn't have to tell us all the gory details; just say he's moving on from the show. (Unless "his voice changed" was just Marvin being a conspiracy theorist. ;) )
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The AIO Facebook page and Zach's Twitter feed would say that it his voice change. On December 4, he posted, "Just had dinner with some AIO people. I am no longer able to voice my character due to my voice change, but I will forever be grateful!." Later the same day, "No worries. I will someday return as another character. I thank them for the opportunity to voice Matthew Parker for 4 1/2 yrs!" And the next day, "If they can find someone they will try to continue. They said that one day I may come back as another character."

So. .yeah.

jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

It would be cool if he came back as another character. but, as I am not joining the Club, I may never know.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

@Marvin: So he did say that on his Facebook, or are you making that up in order to make a point?
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

The Old Judge wrote:@Marvin: So he did say that on his Facebook, or are you making that up in order to make a point?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=zach+callison+twitter+aio

Didn't have much luck with Facebook; switched to Twitter like good ol' Marv said in the first place. \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I said it was on his Twitter; I'm really not sure why you'd think I'd make that up >.> If I were being sarcastic, I'd have used a smiley face. When I don't use them, I'm either serious/annoyed :p

Good ol' Petrichor \:D/

The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Well, I saw "AIO Facebook." I was speed-reading, okay?
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
TigerintheShadows

The Old Judge wrote:Well, I saw "AIO Facebook." I was speed-reading, okay?
You're slipping, Judgey. :noway:
AIO tumblr sideblog
Mr. Sunnys
Gold Member

Post by Mr. Sunnys »

Knight Fisher wrote:So they're getting rid of him because his voice is changing since he's growing up. I guess that makes sense. I mean all the other kids are played by kids. There aren't adults playing them or something.
Actually, Emily Jones is played by an adult.
"My avatar is awesome."
"You are lame, and so is your dog."
Romans 8:28 ~~Sunnys~~ <BIBLE|---
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

If they go to only one public album a year they are going to have more problems with aging actors, both the kids and the adults. I think Katie Leigh is around my age.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden