Eugene's Colloquialisms

Your favorites?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Indeed, young Guinevere (or did Eugene refer to her as Gueneveve) was quite an interesting character, even though she only appeared in a limited number of episodes. To bring this thread back on topic . . .

Eugene: "Simply make your pronouncement."
Translation: "Just say the word."
According to what other people including Jennie herself say her real name is Jennifer.
Then Eugene was just being formal as he always is. He nearly always refers to Whit and Connie and Mr. Whitakker and Ms. Kendall, for example.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Indeed, young Guinevere (or did Eugene refer to her as Gueneveve) was quite an interesting character, even though she only appeared in a limited number of episodes. To bring this thread back on topic . . .

Eugene: "Simply make your pronouncement."
Translation: "Just say the word."
According to what other people including Jennie herself say her real name is Jennifer.
Then Eugene was just being formal as he always is. He nearly always refers to Whit and Connie and Mr. Whitakker and Ms. Kendall, for example.

-Jonathan
Or maybe the writers made an error. ;) I can't imagine Eugene calling a person by a name that isn't theirs no matter how formal he's trying to be. He also likes to be accurate. O:)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

It's also possible Jenny was named after her Grandmother, Gweneviere, and like her Grandma, went by Jenny. So Eugene was just using her real name.

-Jonathan
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

And young Jenny didn't seem to mind being called Gweneviere, so I would assume that is her "real" name, but she goes by Jennifer or Jenny.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Chandler wrote:Whit's granddaughter Jennie tells her mom Janna that crying is a "waste of lachryimal (sp?) fluid" in "The Reluctant Rival" when she was insulted by Sandra Underwood and her friend Rebekah. That could be what you're thinking of. :)
Yes that's it... Jenny is so much like Eugene anyways....
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

gimp80995 wrote:And young Jenny didn't seem to mind being called Gweneviere, so I would assume that is her "real" name, but she goes by Jennifer or Jenny.

Peace Out

-Gimp
I don't understand why a "Guinivere" would go by "Jennifer." "Jennie" I understand but not "Jennifer." She calls herself that when Mr. Bryant was introducting her to the children's orchestra. He called her "Jennifer Dowd" and she corrected him that it was "Jennifer Whittaker-Dowd."
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

poWerbOy wrote:
Chandler wrote:Whit's granddaughter Jennie tells her mom Janna that crying is a "waste of lachryimal (sp?) fluid" in "The Reluctant Rival" when she was insulted by Sandra Underwood and her friend Rebekah. That could be what you're thinking of. :)
Yes that's it... Jenny is so much like Eugene anyways....
Ah good we tracked it down! :D
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Nocternal Falisitatons (well whatever it was he said)
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Nocturnal Felicitations? ;)

Another enjoyable Eugene quote, from "Where He's Been", which is available on the Eugene Audio page:

Right. Ahem. Hello. Although I have no personal recollection of the following, I can recount what I know from reliable witnesses, chiefly you, Katrina. Well. Before I left Odyssey I was working on a top secret project to convert brainwaves to radiowaves with the rather altruistic belief that it might benefit mankind in many diverse ways, though I wasn't aware that our financial sponsors were actually an unscrupulous corporation that was truly interested in the technology so they might convert radiowaves to brainwaves and thereby attempt to form a mind control over the general population for their subversive and evil purposes.

When I realized what terrible things they intended, I took the research and quickly departed from Odyssey, along with Katrina, whereupon we were married at the bedside of her dying father, who had become ill as a result of some rather misguided mind-control tests by his employers, the previously mentioned evil corporation. We now understood how very serious was our predicament and so we went into hiding in various locales around the world until such time as we believed my knowledge was no longer a danger, and returned to Washington, D.C., the National Institute of Health in particular, where I submitted my research and we began new top secret tests on the conversion of brainwaves to radiowaves--but, alas, we were unsuccessful.

Then on the eve of what I believed to be a major breakthrough, the government withdrew their support of our program and demanded we cease and desist from any further experimentation, which, as you can imagine, caused great distress for me personally, and so I took the rather unorthodox step of returning to our laboratory that very night in attempting one last experiment upon myself, whereupon everything went horribly wrong and I'm embarassed to say I seem to have erased my memory.

:lol:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!