Oddcast interview with Aria Curzon

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Oddcast interview with Aria Curzon

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Hello! It's time for our second interview over at the Oddcast, and this time we're talking to the love Ms. Aria Curzon, voice of Clara Portland and Mandy Straussberg. The interview should be held Dec 28-30, so please send me your questions here, on our Facebook page, to [email protected]... wherever you want, so long as I'll receive it! Ask about Trandy, ask about nearly being Whit's adopted daughter, ask about being at a Michael Bublé concert last week or having a part in the Muppet Movie! Please send in your questions big and small and we'll try to use as many of them as we can in our interview! Thanks again!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

//FLAILS

//DIES

//IS DEAD

//IS THANKFUL THAT SHE IS NOT DOING INTERVIEWS OF THE ACTORS WHO PLAYED OLD CHARACTERS

//BECAUSE SHE WOULD MAJORLY CREEP THEM OUT

Is this even real? Is this real life? Do these actors really still do this? Are they still a potential part of this?

my feels are too much i can't right now
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

It's very exciting. I can't express how much I'm going to fanboy, and I already talk to Aria regularly on FB anyways.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

As soon as I saw this thread, I totally knew that Tiger would be all. over. it.

Aria and Corey should do a podcast together. It would be the best.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows

Marvin D. wrote:As soon as I saw this thread, I totally knew that Tiger would be all. over. it.

ASKNLDSFHJOASDLJADSHLSFDJKASDJLK

MARVIN WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME

Haha, you know me too well. ;)

I seriously hope one of the questions is "So how was that Michael Bublé concert last week?" \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Yeah, I was already going to ask about the concert, as if I don't already know from how start-struck she was afterwards.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:As soon as I saw this thread, I totally knew that Tiger would be all. over. it.

ASKNLDSFHJOASDLJADSHLSFDJKASDJLK

MARVIN WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME

Haha, you know me too well. ;)

I seriously hope one of the questions is "So how was that Michael Bublé concert last week?" \:D/
It's been four years; I think I know if you'd be over something that had the words "Trent," "Mandy," "Trandy," "Aria," or "Corey" over it :noway:

And yes, SOMEONE ask about the concert. Michael Buble is amazing.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I don't suppose you guys actually have any questions, do you?
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I would love to know what she considers to be the most difficult part of being a voice actor.

Does she ever have people recognize her voice when she's in public?

Would she have wanted the "Trandy" storyline to progress further than it did?

What has been her favorite role in voice acting?

Do fans ever ask questions about things like specific episodes that you just don't remember?
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
TigerintheShadows

I do have to wonder what she thought of the Trent/Mandy storyline in and of itself--a lot of people were very surprised by it, and many didn't think it would work for various reasons.

And on the note of romantic opportunities, what was her opinion of the Seth Young crush and the fight with Liz that ensued?

What, overall, was her favorite episode as Mandy?
AIO tumblr sideblog
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I would like to know how she felt about her last story arc on the show involving Mandy's parent's splitting up/getting back together. Did she find it a challenge playing the less cheery side of Mandy throughout those episodes? Or did she enjoy exploring that aspect of Mandy's character we hadn't seen before?

How was it acting alongside many of the adult characters, including the Straussberg parents, Paul Herlinger, and Katie Leigh?
Last edited by H Tide on Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

*Just a friendly reminder bump that there's only a few days left to submit more questions!*

And here's the final interview! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b2xFrcu6UE)

Might as well post it here too. Thanks again to everyone who submitted questions!