I Can't Decide!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
I Can't Decide!

Post by Sapphire »

So, I have come to the conclusion that I need to buy an AIO album. I have loved AIO since my middle school years, and it's about time that I have at least one AIO album. I just can't decide which one to get....

To be honest, I haven't listened to the most recent albums. I really want to, but I also think it would be nice to own an older album that I have loved for years. I don't really want my first AIO album to be a part of a multi-album saga. So, what album do you think should I get?
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Just start at Album 1. That's where The Adventure Begins!
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I have a special fondness for albums 8, 12 (or whatever At Home and Abroad has been assigned now) and 19 as starter albums, but only because those were my first. Tried to go in order after that.
jane.suh09
Lurker

Post by jane.suh09 »

Hmm, I always like the gold album series and the Family Portraits album.
The Old Judge wrote:Just start at Album 1. That's where The Adventure Begins!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Rats, if you had not said no sagas, I would have said The Blackgaard Chronicles. My first two CD albums were Passport to Adventure and A Time of Discovery and are still two of my top favorites. We listen to Album 2 every summer and several times a year. We also listen to Album 9 alot, Just in Time. That is just off the top of my head without looking anything up! I would also say the complilation albums are alot of fun: Bible Eyewitness and Comic Belief are good. Oh, and Days to Remember is a good one!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I've always been fond of albums 4, 7, 18, 19, and 21. \:D/ And you could just always go for either the Platinum Collection, Encore Collection, or Silver Celebration. With one of those you'll be getting a pretty good range of episodes.
Last edited by snubs on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

At Home and Abroad! That was my first album and still my favorite: Eugene in Mexico, Connie and Lucy meeting an Indian Medicine Man, Eugene and Connie meeting Hank Murray, Bernard and Eugene as roommates. I could listen to this one over and over.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Thank you, everyone, for all of your amazing suggestions. I have an idea of what I will end up getting. I will let you know what I end up purchasing. More suggestions are welcomed also. Thanks again! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

How about "Wish You Were Here"? You get Bernard and Eugene's epic road trip. \:D/

Another idea, if you only plan to buy one album, would be to look at the episode listing for all the complilation sets and picking the one with the most of your favourite episodes on it. The compilations usually get you more episodes for your money.
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Album 26 (Back On the Air) also works, since the AIO team meant to end the show at Album 25. Album 29 (Signed, Sealed, and Committed) is another starting point, because the whole cast of characters changes on that album.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate