Reviews of OAC eps?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Reviews of OAC eps?

Post by jennifertwt »

Has anyone been reviewing the OAC eps? Our financial situation has stabilized with now two fulltime permanent contracts, but I am still unsure about joining the Club as I am in Europe though I could use my aunt´s address and am morally opposed to it. However, I would still be interested in reading more than a two sentence teaser about the OAC eps. I MIGHT join in December when episode 12 is out, still unsure. My first generation IPOD is nearing uselessness so I would need to get a new one to take full advantage of the streaming which also makes me unsure. I have also be displeased with the responses other fans are getting with regards to being out of the US or Android users. Sigh.
Congratulations, you've found one of the threads for the "Look" Detour.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

The Oddcast is reviewing them. I'm planning on editing the review of the first part tonight (I've been quite behind, but am catching up). I'm rather confused, however, as to why there's no review thread in the Review subforum.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

great. Can you post a link when you are done? I am guessing they are not being reviewed here because most of us did not join the club. I am still debating. If I do, it will not be until December.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Sure thing! I figured that's why, and I agree that if you don't want to pay all the time, December is definitely the way to go.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

August is also a good time as then you get to hear OAC episodes 1 - 8 plus all of album 58, 20 episodes total
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Here's the Oddcast review for The Launch, Part 1, as well as By Any Other Name, in memory of Dave Madden. (We're recording Part 2 this weekend).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kauW_hJmksM - Review of "The Launch, Part 1" and "By Any Other Name"

We also talk about the OAC in general, as well as our predictions for the next 11 episodes based on their titles.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Reddo wrote:August is also a good time as then you get to hear OAC episodes 1 - 8 plus all of album 58, 20 episodes total
true, but if I wait until December, then I can hear all 12 OAC eps, album 58 and hopefully the Harley Files. =D>

-- 07 Mar 2014 01:11 pm --
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Here's the Oddcast review for The Launch, Part 1, as well as By Any Other Name, in memory of Dave Madden. (We're recording Part 2 this weekend).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kauW_hJmksM - Review of "The Launch, Part 1" and "By Any Other Name"

We also talk about the OAC in general, as well as our predictions for the next 11 episodes based on their titles.
Thanks so much! I rely on you to help me make a decision on whether or not to "succumb" and join. I am not there yet. ;-) :boohoo:

-- 07 Mar 2014 01:15 pm --
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Here's the Oddcast review for The Launch, Part 1, as well as By Any Other Name, in memory of Dave Madden. (We're recording Part 2 this weekend).

which audio episode makes fun of the videos? I liked them. =D>
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

A Day in the Life was made to make fun of the inconsistencies in the audio series. I'm a little too lazy to go over to my desk at the moment and copy everything out of the Official Guide, but they basically tried to cover the different things that the video series did weirdly, such as Whit being portrayed as a kooky, eccentric, old man, there was only one kid in Odyssey amalgamated from all the others, many main adults didn't exist, Eugene was always eating, allegedly, and from AIOWiki, the craziest connection: "The villain in the first AIO movie, "The Knight Travellers", was named Faustus, after the legendary Dr. Faustus who sold his soul to the devil. In Goethe's version of the story, the demon who dealt with Faustus was named [Mephisto]pheles, thus providing the name for the villainous Dr. Mephisto."
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

oh, I love that one! Both the video and the audio episode. We just Went through the first thirteen eps of the video series recently again.

-- 08 Mar 2014 11:58 am --

thanks for the podcast! I look forward to hearing part 2.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Here you are!

"It's time to close up our review of the first OAC story, as well as review something appropriately February-ish! Join us as we talk about the accuracy of The Launch, Felix's ineptitude at prison wardening, and the lack of logic behind Claudius' ban on marriage."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asHVNVEh4Rk
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Great podcast! I only listed to the first part, will have to listen to the rest when I am off next week. I REALLY like that there will be a Christmas ep in the OAC. I rely on your podcast to help me make a final decision in December! Thanks for your hard work.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Well thanks for listening! I'm sick and busy this week, so Victoria and I won't be recording episode 29 and 30 until next weekend, but she's on Spring Break right now, and it's usually her schedule which is the limiting factor in things, so that's convenient. I'd expect 29 maybe next Tuesday or so, then the review for March possibly next Friday???
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

So, is there going to be a place to review the OAC episodes? I'd really like to give my opinions on several of the episodes. This month's episode and featured ministry were especially meaningful to me.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Haha, to an old member just coming back to the board, I think it's funny that there aren't any individual threads for the new episodes. We're not called The Town of Odyssey for nothing. I may start some threads. :)

EDIT: OK, I started a thread for The Launch, Part 1. I like the idea of having a track record of my thoughts as I listen through the new shows.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the new OAC episodes as well. Feel free to join me in the Episode Reviews forum. :)
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Great! have to relisten as it was so long ago.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Jennifertwt, I look forward to reading your thoughts.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I guess I'll post the relevant Oddcast review episodes in each thread as we go.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

That would be great. Thank you, Leonard Meltsner!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Hej,

I finally got around to listening to this again. Real life is a bit too busy at the moment. I listened to only part 1 again as I did not want my comments to be on the episode as a whole, but I really do not have much to say.
The second time around, I was still disappointed that it did not pick up where The Pilot left off and that Jeff was only in the "introduction" via video. I was expecting more of Jeff based on the buildup prior to the release of The Club. The episode was "Okay........", Egghead was weird......I see now why Victoria of the Oddcast rants about the Edulink. The story was okay.....since it was based on a real story, hard to argue with that. I was not so much disappointed as "underwhelmed". I think the Oddcast review did a good job of pointing out the flaws from what I can remember. So, Leanord's link will pretty much say all that needs to be said.

I do, however, think having a thread to discuss these eps is a great idea! I just wish I had more to say.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Thanks, Jennifer! I sent your comments to Victoria, since she's not on the ToO. I'm glad that our review still stands a year later, though I'm sure there's a lot I'd change going back to it now. That was a long time ago now.