Odyssey passwords

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Odyssey passwords

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

What passwords have been used in Odyssey?

Here are the ones I have so far:
destruct used by Richard Maxwell
applesauce used by Whit in Novacom
stiletto used in Green Ring Conspiracy

Are there others?
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I know AREM gave out an awful lot of passwords, but I can't remember what all of them are. A couple more from the Novacom saga are "redherring," "butter," "bluegill," "milkandeggs," "triumphant," and so on. I think a couple of those might actually be usernames, but I couldn't say for sure what's what without listening to those episodes again. :-k
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

You're correct, those were all passwords, although some of them might've been multiple words. Nice username, by the way. I'll think of you next time I'm trying to open a psychic lock.

Let's not forget the Level 2 Password for Applesauce, which was implied to be Jenny, or some variation thereupon, like guinevere, jennywhittaker, guineveremorrow, jennymorrow, etc.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I used to use milkandeggs as a password a few years ago. It made a good password - nice and easy to type, a reasonable length, and not something non-AIO fans would be likely to guess. ;)

I totally forgot about the Applesauce password - good memory, Leonard!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

How was it implied? Not poking holes or anything; just curious.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

TigerintheShadows wrote:How was it implied? Not poking holes or anything; just curious.
Eugene and Connie thought that it had something to do with Whit's wife, but they couldn't remember her name. They tried really hard to remember and almost got it, but the timer ran out and locked them out likely just before they remembered her name. There would've been no real tension in the scene unless they were on the verge of discovering the real password. Had they remembered it, they likely would have temporarily brought down the municipal, state, or federal government at least.

So the implication isn't the strongest, but if the password wasn't Jenny's name in some form, then there wouldn't have been any true tension in the scene, because there'd be no threat of Connie and Eugene getting it right.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:How was it implied? Not poking holes or anything; just curious.
Eugene and Connie thought that it had something to do with Whit's wife, but they couldn't remember her name. They tried really hard to remember and almost got it, but the timer ran out and locked them out likely just before they remembered her name. There would've been no real tension in the scene unless they were on the verge of discovering the real password. Had they remembered it, they likely would have temporarily brought down the municipal, state, or federal government at least.

So the implication isn't the strongest, but if the password wasn't Jenny's name in some form, then there wouldn't have been any true tension in the scene, because there'd be no threat of Connie and Eugene getting it right.
Hmm. Well, I can tell you that I have never even thought about it that way before, and the scene still has a good deal of tension for me... But now it's got more tension than a tow-line. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
TigerintheShadows

Leonard Meltsner wrote:So the implication isn't the strongest, but if the password wasn't Jenny's name in some form, then there wouldn't have been any true tension in the scene, because there'd be no threat of Connie and Eugene getting it right.
//slowclaps Perfect logic is perfect.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Along the same lines, let's not forget that somewhere out there, there are a bunch of programs and devices with the Whisperer's birthday as the password. \:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

TigerintheShadows wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:So the implication isn't the strongest, but if the password wasn't Jenny's name in some form, then there wouldn't have been any true tension in the scene, because there'd be no threat of Connie and Eugene getting it right.
//slowclaps Perfect logic is perfect.
I honestly can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Let's not forget the Level 2 Password for Applesauce, which was implied to be Jenny, or some variation thereupon, like guinevere, jennywhittaker, guineveremorrow, jennymorrow, etc.
If this is from A Bite of Applesauce, I haven't heard that in over a year. Trying to recall to memory, I can hear Mabel saying that she requires the Level 2 password, and then when the can't produce it, Whit's End goes dark. But how do you derive that the password had some context of Jenny's name in it?
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
TigerintheShadows

The Old Judge wrote:If this is from A Bite of Applesauce, I haven't heard that in over a year. Trying to recall to memory, I can hear Mabel saying that she requires the Level 2 password, and then when the can't produce it, Whit's End goes dark. But how do you derive that the password had some context of Jenny's name in it?
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Eugene and Connie thought that it had something to do with Whit's wife, but they couldn't remember her name. They tried really hard to remember and almost got it, but the timer ran out and locked them out likely just before they remembered her name. There would've been no real tension in the scene unless they were on the verge of discovering the real password. Had they remembered it, they likely would have temporarily brought down the municipal, state, or federal government at least.

;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Don't forget the password Matthew had to use to get into the Square One headquarters: populus quiznim quo constructim.

I still can't find out what that means. :-
TigerintheShadows

I'm pretty sure it's Canis Latinicus. ;) All my two years of Latin education tells me that it's about people who build...which, I'm sure, is very helpful. :anxious:
AIO tumblr sideblog
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

What about 3-18-99? I suppose that's not technically a password but, close enough.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

Nova Rising was another one AREM used.
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula