Performing an AIO Play

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Performing an AIO Play

Post by Gondorgirl »

This summer my community drama group is planning on doing an Adventures in Odyssey play. We've got all the rights and everything figured out, we just need to figure out an episode (or two) to do. Since I haven't listened to AIO in a while (my car does not play CD's. Sad day.) I thought I'd see if you guys had any brilliant ideas while we're still in the process of looking.

The main thing we're looking for is a play with a fair amount of kids. We're doing two plays this Summer and the AIO play(s) are for our younger actors. We have about 4 girls and 5-6 guys at the most plus whatever adults we rope into being Whit or whoever else we need.

I'd love to hear your ideas, it's been a while since I listened to AIO so I've probably forgotten some of the best episodes.
I believe that love is greater
Never ceasing, always hoping
Always just beneath the Dawn
shnoodlec
Tallying up

Post by shnoodlec »

OMIGOODNESS. This... this is the best idea ever! I would suggest ok be of the older k news, so it's not too complicated. Maybe "Broken Window"?
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. now enjoying an era of peace between the Monkeys and Vampires. permanent n00b. Q&A thread HERE. come find me on the ToO chat if you dare.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I recommend "Mum's The Word", and that's not just my inner shipper talking. ;) The secene in the recording studio is gold, and there are some pretty memorable lines.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

The Malted Milkball Falcon has an almost all kid cast with lots of witty lines. That's Not Fair and Chores No More are fairly good shows with a lot of kids involved.
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

The Y.A.K. Problem might be a good one to consider. As I recall, a big chunk of it takes place in school, and the rest of it is mostly kid-centered anyway.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

What about "V.B.S. Blues"? It has some fun moments and lots of kids, plus they retell the story of the fiery furnace in the episode, so you get a Bible story as a bonus. I think there are mostly boys in the episode, but you could easily make a few changes to fit the kids that you have.
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Post by Gondorgirl »

These are all great ideas. Thank you guys, I'm sending them to my sister so she can think it over.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Catspaw wrote:What about "V.B.S. Blues"? It has some fun moments and lots of kids, plus they retell the story of the fiery furnace in the episode, so you get a Bible story as a bonus. I think there are mostly boys in the episode, but you could easily make a few changes to fit the kids that you have.
Oh I would LOVE TO see a live version of that. Especially perfect if you are doing this in conjunction with a VBS. Chores No MOre was also one of the first to come to mind as well as The Last Shall Be First. Then there is always Kidsboro, but that is a three parter and probably tough.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Post by Gondorgirl »

No. Definitely not a VBS. This is an official play by an official drama group. *Touchy about that.*
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Gondorgirl wrote:No. Definitely not a VBS. This is an official play by an official drama group. *Touchy about that.*
sorry, I missed that. Best of luck.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Gondorgirl wrote:This summer my community drama group is planning on doing an Adventures in Odyssey play. We've got all the rights and everything figured out, we just need to figure out an episode (or two) to do. Since I haven't listened to AIO in a while (my car does not play CD's. Sad day.) I thought I'd see if you guys had any brilliant ideas while we're still in the process of looking.

The main thing we're looking for is a play with a fair amount of kids. We're doing two plays this Summer and the AIO play(s) are for our younger actors. We have about 4 girls and 5-6 guys at the most plus whatever adults we rope into being Whit or whoever else we need.

I'd love to hear your ideas, it's been a while since I listened to AIO so I've probably forgotten some of the best episodes.
Mandy's Debut. Simply because it was written as a play for the show. :mrgreen: And it's hysterical. :mrgreen:
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Now that is a great idea!

-- 10 Apr 2014 08:06 am --

Now that is a great idea!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden