47 in Odyssey

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

47 in Odyssey

Post by Marvin D. »

Can anybody think of times where the number 47 has been used in Odyssey? I've noticed it a few times.

1. Dr. Hawthorne tells the students to turn to page 47 in their mathbooks. (Think on These Things)
2. Wooton says that Cal Jordan's marshmallow record was 47 marshmallows. (Child's Play)
3. Bryan Dern has 47 reasons on his list of unethical practices going on at the Electric Palace. (A Cheater Cheated)
4. [Can't remember now, but 47 had something to do in "Break a Leg," which is what brought this up.]

Anything else?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I can almost guarantee you that this was on purpose. ;) In the early 2000's, Nathan Hoobler and I were both avid fans of "Alias" and that show had a tendency to reference 47 quite regularly. I believe Nathan tries to continue that tradition (Marshal Younger was also a fan, if I recall correctly).
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I think that 47 was the number of doughnut holes Joey ate in "The Devil Made Me Do It." It's been years since I heard that episode, though, and now 47 doughnut holes is sounding like a coma-inducing amount of sugar... :-k
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Nathan loves his fandom references, doesn't he? He had 8:15 as the time on the artwork for Cause and Effect because he was such a big LOST fan.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent