SPOIL ME

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

SPOIL ME

Post by Kairi »

I've been away from Odyssey ever since Whit's last voice actor change. What's happened since? I know about Connie's mom, but tell me about all of the other changes. (No matter how horrible.) Did Connie ever get married? Did Eugene and Katrina ever have a kid? Did Jason finally marry Tasha, like he should've all those years ago? Did they ever visit the Titanic via the Imagination Station?

No spoiler tags--unlimited freedom. I don't have time to catch up on all of those episodes.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Jason returns, having "retired" from the agency (which basically means that he's working a day job in Odyssey while retaining his special agency phone, let's be honest). Eugene and Katrina have found out that they are infertile. Jack and Joanne have retired. Connie's got a new roommate named Penny who is Wooton's DEFINITELY NOT IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER THEY'RE JUST FRIENDS crush. Monty Whittaker returns, and apparently being a government agent runs in the family. Dale and Ann Jacobs return, and apparently both Robyn and Melanie have moved out. Mitch returns, and is engaged to another FBI agent named Maureen McFadden. Jeff Lewis, who has become a Christian since "First Love", has also returned FOR TOTALLY NOT SHIPPY REASONS and tells Connie about his mission work. That's about all I can think of at the moment.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

There was a huge counterfeiting operation working out of Odyssey for decades, headed by a financial terrorist, which is where that counterfeit money Isaac found in "The Scales of Justice" came from, back in album 13. There was a plot to assassinate the British Prime Minister and other international heads of state, which Jason thwarted. Sora was Xehanort all along. Connie has a half-sister named Jules from one of Bill's many short-lived marriages. Hand-Up died quietly in the night. Whit and Wooton stopped a feudal war in Uganda.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Don't forget the annoying kids.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

...it sounds like it's gotta as silly as the last couple of seasons of LHOTP. tsk, tsk.

also boo to the news about katrina and eugene. BOOOO i say.

thanks for the info, everyone!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Two of the annoying kids have a detective agency which is WAY less interesting than the Last Chance Detectives. There are a few good stand alone eps: Sargeant York, The Jubilee Singers, Life Expectancy, Home Again........but for the most part slice of life eps of the annoying kids. If you have been away that long, it COULD be worth it to you to join the club just so you can catch up, but I am for the most part against the club.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Also, don't forget about Tasha. After one of her fellow agents dies, she retires from the agency and takes a trip to Odyssey, where she finds Jason Whittaker. She struggles to find peace, and Jason tries to help her recover emotionally. During her time there, Tasha contracts an unknown illness. Jason is concerned for her spiritually, and he tries to get Tasha to think about the afterlife. Eventually, Tasha converts to Christianity, several days before dying. Jason meets Tasha's family members in the final days of her sickness, and learns more about her past, including a traumatic childhood accident that drove Tasha to become an agent.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

...please tell me you're punking me? :( what a sad end for an awesome character. /le sigh.
Woody

Post by Woody »

TS is joking. Don't worry, Tasha just got killed by the guy who tried to assassinate the heads of state.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

*narrowed eyes* I feel unsure about trusting these spoilers...;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Eugene has a narrow urethra. :(
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

:hilarious:

You know what they say about guys with big bangs.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Kairi, don't trust anything after what jennifertwt said. Leonard was a bit ironic and might have exaggerated a bit, but that's essentially what happened.

And the kids are indeed cringe-worthy >.>

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

Man, the days of awesome Odyssey kids is over, it would seem. :( I remember getting a glimpse of the new ones and cringing.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Many of them are downright. .painful to listen to. Barrett and Emily and Nelson in 51, pretty much everyone in 52, Penny and Wooton in 53 (all right, not kids; but let's not kid ourselves [pun intended]). .and so forth. Album 57 was /marginally/ better, but not very much so.

Odyssey, for the most part, has gone fairly downhill since the relaunch and is definitely aimed at a younger audience now.

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Being ironic? What's that supposed to mean? The only insincere comment was about Sora, because Kairi's clearly a KH fan.

Also, Tasha doesn't have any living family, as stated in A Question About Tasha.

Also, 51 dropped the show way down, but things have been continually getting better and better since then.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

The Green Ring was awesome. The rest of albums have some episodes that are good, but not all. It could be worth a month of the club for you to decide if you want to purchase any of them. I would definitely buy the Green Ring, it can work as a stand alone if you know that basic structure since the relaunch.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

jennifertwt wrote:The Green Ring was awesome. The rest of albums have some episodes that are good, but not all. It could be worth a month of the club for you to decide if you want to purchase any of them. I would definitely buy the Green Ring, it can work as a stand alone if you know that basic structure since the relaunch.
The Green Ring Conspiracy was pretty painful. .

jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Marvin D. wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:The Green Ring was awesome. The rest of albums have some episodes that are good, but not all. It could be worth a month of the club for you to decide if you want to purchase any of them. I would definitely buy the Green Ring, it can work as a stand alone if you know that basic structure since the relaunch.
to each his own, but it was the best overall album since the relaunch, the others just have a few bright points amid the mediocrity. We have been boycotting the broadcast since "the launch" of the EXClub so I doubt we will listen to Album 58 as it airs. I MIGHT join the Club in December to listen to the OAC eps, the Harley Files, and Album 58, then decide whether or not to buy it. I have been listening to The Oddcast reviews of the OAC eps, and if it were not for the upcoming POSSIBLE christmas ep, I would chuck Odyssey all together. WE shall see.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

jennifertwt wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:
to each his own, but it was the best overall album since the relaunch, the others just have a few bright points amid the mediocrity. We have been boycotting the broadcast since "the launch" of the EXClub so I doubt we will listen to Album 58 as it airs. I MIGHT join the Club in December to listen to the OAC eps, the Harley Files, and Album 58, then decide whether or not to buy it. I have been listening to The Oddcast reviews of the OAC eps, and if it were not for the upcoming POSSIBLE christmas ep, I would chuck Odyssey all together. WE shall see.
Victoria and I are going to record the review for Drake the Cosmic Copper (and Patrick, Part 2) on Tuesday, so hopefully it won't be too far off.