Adventures in Odyssey Crack

Let your bizarre headcanons soar!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Adventures in Odyssey Crack

Post by Kairi »

So, what bizarre, insane things do you sometimes think about in regards to Odyssey? For example: kids disappear from the town because Whit feeds them to the Imagination Station to keep it alive. :(

Go for it!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

When Connie pushed the button of the Inspiration Station at the end of Part 2 of "The Imagination Station, Revisited", it sent the post-Novacom, pre-hiatus kids into a void where they met the Golden Trio from Harry Potter, who traveled to the void with the help of the Tenth Doctor. They were then aged back down to eleven, transported to Hogwarts, and were each sorted into the individual Houses to learn magic n' such. That's why we haven't seen them in years. :(

(Working title is "Tiger Wants To Do A Hogwarts AU But She Needs A Legitimate Explanation For It".)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Honestly, Tiger, you are the worst at coming up with titles.

/MatthewParker
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows

It was either sarcasm or Canis Latinicus—the latter of which, given the AU, probably might have fit, in retrospect. ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

The Imagination Station is a TARDIS that Mr. Whittaker, who is secretly the Master, stole from Gallifrey a long time ago. The Master was thrown down to Odyssey and forced to regenerate by Rassilon after their fight in the End of Time, part 2.

Yeah.
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Odyssey is a real parallel dimension that is accessed through a portal in the office of the president of FOTF. Unwittingly, Dobson sent himself to Odyssey years ago, initiating the events of Dobson Comes to Town. Whit was so impressed by Dobson and his ministry that he funneled large sums of money through the portal to our world, resulting in Focus' prosperity. After Dobson left, the endowments stopped coming. Jim Daly tried to go through the portal to talk some reason into Whit, but this only angered him. Because of this, not only is FOTF's budget tighter, but Whit only sends enough audio recordings through the portal for twelve episodes a year. :boohoo: \:D/
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Kairi wrote:So, what bizarre, insane things do you sometimes think about in regards to Odyssey? For example: kids disappear from the town because Whit feeds them to the Imagination Station to keep it alive. :(

Go for it!
I am not that imaginative, but I love this one and The Old Judge. Absolutely PERFECT! The idea that Whit is a TimeLord and on his third regeneration is a perfect explanation, also the idea that Connie and Eugene are companions and spend so much time at Whit´s End that their natural aging has slowed is perfect. It could be that the Imagination Station deposits the kids back in time at certain points in history and then we can only see them during the episodes. I think Blackgaard is either The Master or Moriarty. I wish he would regenerate as Earl Boen is my favorite voice actor in Odyssey. If Whit is a TimeLord does that mean that Jason and Monty are too? I am not a die hard Dr Who fan and wondered how he wound up with a "daughter" in some of the eps.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

jennifertwt wrote:
Kairi wrote:So, what bizarre, insane things do you sometimes think about in regards to Odyssey? For example: kids disappear from the town because Whit feeds them to the Imagination Station to keep it alive. :(

Go for it!
I am not that imaginative, but I love this one and The Old Judge. Absolutely PERFECT! The idea that Whit is a TimeLord and on his third regeneration is a perfect explanation, also the idea that Connie and Eugene are companions and spend so much time at Whit´s End that their natural aging has slowed is perfect. It could be that the Imagination Station deposits the kids back in time at certain points in history and then we can only see them during the episodes. I think Blackgaard is either The Master or Moriarty. I wish he would regenerate as Earl Boen is my favorite voice actor in Odyssey. If Whit is a TimeLord does that mean that Jason and Monty are too? I am not a die hard Dr Who fan and wondered how he wound up with a "daughter" in some of the eps.
His daughter, who's sadly only in a single episode (thus far) was created via artificial asexual reproduction. A sample of the Doctor's DNA was taken and respliced to grow her. His original child(ren?) and granddaughter, Susan, were presumable born naturally.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

TigerintheShadows wrote:When Connie pushed the button of the Inspiration Station at the end of Part 2 of "The Imagination Station, Revisited", it sent the post-Novacom, pre-hiatus kids into a void where they met the Golden Trio from Harry Potter, who traveled to the void with the help of the Tenth Doctor. They were then aged back down to eleven, transported to Hogwarts, and were each sorted into the individual Houses to learn magic n' such. That's why we haven't seen them in years. :(

(Working title is "Tiger Wants To Do A Hogwarts AU But She Needs A Legitimate Explanation For It".)
I want to read this please. \:D/
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

AIO was just a fever dream (or meth-induced hallucination, take your pick) of Jesse Pinkman all along. :(
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

The Old Judge wrote:Odyssey is a real parallel dimension that is accessed through a portal in the office of the president of FOTF. Unwittingly, Dobson sent himself to Odyssey years ago, initiating the events of Dobson Comes to Town. Whit was so impressed by Dobson and his ministry that he funneled large sums of money through the portal to our world, resulting in Focus' prosperity. After Dobson left, the endowments stopped coming. Jim Daly tried to go through the portal to talk some reason into Whit, but this only angered him. Because of this, not only is FOTF's budget tighter, but Whit only sends enough audio recordings through the portal for twelve episodes a year. :boohoo: \:D/
Ha ha, that's great, OJ. Kari, what a fun topic.

1. Mandy marries Trent... then he joins the Bones of Wrath, which is now dangerous and ruling Mandy's neighborhood. Mandy is so depressed she becomes a chainsaw murderess.

2. PJ becomes President.

3. Connie marries Jason (in your face J+Cists)
TigerintheShadows

Also, the Hogwarts transportation is the reason why every child character ages normally and Connie, Whit, Eugene, and Rodney don't. They get sent to a place where time has a true meaning (after all, there's an entire room of the Department of Mysteries devoted to time theory), so of course they age normally! And Hogwarts makes special accomodations for their education for when they're sent back to Odyssey.
AIO tumblr sideblog