My Album Review Pledge

Join me!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder
It’s my birthday

My Album Review Pledge

Post by Shadowpaw »

I have decided to address the purple elephant in the room. I have not listened to Adventures in Odyssey in 7 years, save for a brief moment where I listened to the Green Ring Conspiracy, though I don't really remember any of it so I might as well have not heard it!

I attended the live show in 2008, and while in Colorado, I marathoned "47: Into the Light", "48: Moment of Truth", "49: The Sky's the Limit", and "50: The Best Small Town" to get prepared. I have heard all of those episodes only once and do not remember most of them, yet growing up, I religiously (no pun intended) listened to the show. Unfortunately, as we grow up, it becomes harder and harder to find the time for some of the simple pleasures in life, and I don't think I'll ever find the time to listen to shows over and over again.

However, I promise that I will review every album released since Album 50 during the Legendary Term. I really don't know what to expect... and it might be interesting to hear the perspective of someone who once considered himself the world's biggest Odyssey fan, to someone who has been out of the game for as long as I have. I won't review the individual episodes (I just don't have the time for that!) but I will certainly write a fairly lengthy article upon completion of each album and share my thoughts, hoping to hear from all of you and whether you agree or disagree!

For those of you who may be in a similar "listening void" as I have been, I encourage you to join me!

My review of "Take it From the Top" will be posted some day next week!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I remember reviewing Album 53 in length. Some of the reviews were 3,000 words.

I just re-read them yesterday. They were pretty bad.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

They were also written two years ago. I think you've improved since then. ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'd like to think I've improved.

If le Tiger says so, then it must be so.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Wouldn't it be more like three, since the GRC debuted in the spring of 2011?
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Well, the more years I can put between my past self and my current self, the better.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think I'm in, not sure how far I'll get before I cancel my AOC membership, though. \:D/ I've heard maybe three episodes in the last few years.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts post-hiatus! :D From what I remember, it was pretty rough listening to album 51 with all new characters and overall younger feel to the show, but it does get better from there on out.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

^Agreed. Wasn't wild about most of 51 (Jubilee was good though). Enjoyed albums 52-56, still not sure what to think of 57.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I think Album 52 was the worst album since the relaunch--most of the episodes were just completely forgettable, in short.

I should totally do a review of the albums as I listen to them again.

Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Good to hear from you, Shadowpaw! I can't wait to read your reviews.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder
It’s my birthday

Post by Shadowpaw »

Sorry for the delay, should post it sometime this week. I spent all my free time at the office for the last week and only heard about half the album. So I still have to find the time for the other half! So far... it's been interesting. ;)