Adventures in Odyssey Headcanons

Not related to Kairi's thread

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Adventures in Odyssey Headcanons

Post by TigerintheShadows »

So I wanted to start this awhile back, and Kairi's cracky-headcanon thread gave me the full impetus I needed. Here be a thread in which all of your non-crazy headcanons can flourish and thrive. \:D/ For example, Tiger's headcanons include the theory that after the events of "Tornado!", the Straussberg family is the only group of people that Bart Rathbone never tried to scam.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I submit the Oddcast's Headcanon videos. Thus far, the Julie Whittaker theory and that Whit's a Time Lord. There are more episodes to come, but I won't spoil them here.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Marvin's band The Cool Dogs is still alive and they occasionally play events and parties for fun. And Wooton's video documentary is hidden away in a deep, dark place and Tamika sometimes threatens Marvin and Trent with posting it on the internet as a form of blackmail.

Also, after Wooton gave her a CD, Connie became a closet Pool Boys fan.
TigerintheShadows

Later on in life, Liz will go on to work for the Washington Post—the allure of the paper responsible for the Watergate media coverage and investigation was too strong to ignore.

Arnold Schwarzenbanger, Bill Crosby, and Detective Colimbo are all manifestations of Trent's insecurities—Arnold keeps reminding him of his lack of physical capabilities, Crosby is the part of him that thinks he has an uninteresting personality, and Colimbo represents his worries that his intelligence is inadequate.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Mandy stays in Odyssey and takes over Edwin's dinner theatre, writing the plays that are performed there.

Connie eventually graduates university and starts writing another book. :D
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

H Tide wrote:Mandy stays in Odyssey and takes over Edwin's dinner theatre, writing the plays that are performed there.

Was that first one inspired by the Oddcast interview with Aria, considering you submitted questions for it?
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Blackgaard lives. And no, this isn't cracky! ...yeah, I'm never giving up hope and that's officially sad.

Love that Mandy headcanon! I'd like to think that Donna grew up to do something fantastic, but I can't figure out what it would be.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
H Tide wrote:Mandy stays in Odyssey and takes over Edwin's dinner theatre, writing the plays that are performed there.

Was that first one inspired by the Oddcast interview with Aria, considering you submitted questions for it?
Yes it was ;)
TigerintheShadows

Speaking of Mandy, I've always thought her as a first soprano, which makes her a perfect fit for such characters as Glinda and Christine—musical theatre episode fodder! \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

TigerintheShadows wrote:Speaking of Mandy, I've always thought her as a first soprano, which makes her a perfect fit for such characters as Glinda and Christine—musical theatre episode fodder! \:D/
I told Aria once that I thought she'd be a perfect Glinda. She said it was the nicest compliment she'd even received out of the blue before. :)
TigerintheShadows

This came to me this morning, regarding the DeWhite family caffeine habits:

Mrs. DeWhite was a pretty big tea drinker all her life—particularly herbal teas. During their stint in the Witness Protection Program, she needed something to help calm Trent's neuroses, so she fixed him some chamomile tea (which, of course, is how he correctly identified chamomile in "Something Significant" when he smelled it on Amy Carmichael). He became quite the tea drinker, though his favorite eventually became Earl Grey. Steven DeWhite, on the other hand, preferred coffee, and he passed the trait down to Jared; Jared, of course, grows his own coffee beans, because he doesn't trust pre-packaged coffee beans and considers Starbucks in particular to be a mere tool of a malevolent underground state.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

TigerintheShadows wrote:This came to me this morning, regarding the DeWhite family caffeine habits:

Mrs. DeWhite was a pretty big tea drinker all her life—particularly herbal teas. During their stint in the Witness Protection Program, she needed something to help calm Trent's neuroses, so she fixed him some chamomile tea (which, of course, is how he correctly identified chamomile in "Something Significant" when he smelled it on Amy Carmichael). He became quite the tea drinker, though his favorite eventually became Earl Grey. Steven DeWhite, on the other hand, preferred coffee, and he passed the trait down to Jared; Jared, of course, grows his own coffee beans, because he doesn't trust pre-packaged coffee beans and considers Starbucks in particular to be a mere tool of a malevolent underground state.
You win all the yes.
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

Good heavnes, Tigress. That's all rather interesting. What else? Does Wooton have a vineyard to make grape juice for floats in?

I like to think...

Emily will someday have further romance with Buck but eventually marry Matthew.

Jason is still in contact with Monica.

Mrs. Kramer is now a part of June's prayer group along with Mrs. Sutton, and she now heads it, but occasionally has authority bashes with Mrs. Sutton because Sutton wants to be in charge.

Olivia will grow up to be a successful Christian singer.

Jared and Alex have off again on again relationships with Liz.
TigerintheShadows

Pound Foolish wrote:What else? Does Wooton have a vineyard to make grape juice for floats in?
I wouldn't put it past him. \:D/
Pound Foolish wrote:Jared and Alex have off again on again relationships with Liz.
So would Liz gravitate between the two, depending on how addicted to his computer Alex would be at any given point or how offensive Jared would be while shopping with her? ;)
Pound Foolish wrote:Emily will someday have further romance with Buck but eventually marry Matthew.
yes approve much win

I ship it.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Connie and Eugene decide that the time has come for them to move on from their work at Whit's End, and Aubrey and Nick return to Odyssey and their old jobs at Whit's End. Nick has been in Chicago and has been falling into his old habits, prompting the Mulligans to bring him back home. Aubrey has graduated, and needs a way to pay the bills while she looks for a permanent job.

Digger Digwillow was killed in an accident shortly after building Wonder World, which is why he never appeared in any episodes after Heatwave. Most of the kids in Odyssey didn't know Digger, and eventually all the kids who knew about Wonder World moved away. Now all that's left are rumors of a hidden tree house that some kid built a long time ago.
TigerintheShadows

The Straussbergs and Washingtons regularly get together for dinner after Rachel and Stephen patch things up, because they're literally right next door to each other. As a result, Marvin and David become good friends, and regularly pull pranks on people because they can. Cal Jordan also gets a piece of the action every once in awhile.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

My apologies beforehand, but all (or nearly all) of these will be Meltsner/Shanks-family centric.

Katrina's two brothers are named Gideon and Nathaniel. Gideon was a gunnery sargeant in the Marine Corps who was killed in action in Afghanistan, while Nathaniel worked for Galileo Enterprises and barely managed to escape the fallout from the Novacom scandal.

His assurances to his wife and friends to the contrary, Eugene's memory did incur some slight damage due to his experimentation first in Washington and then in the Imagination Station. He still has some gaps in his memory of his childhood and his short term memory was also affected; he has to write things down more often so that he won't forget them. Katrina and his friends haven't noticed, and on the occasions they have chalk it up to Eugene's typical absentmindedness.

Before he and Everett left for Africa, Leonard had the headstones for Eugene and Everett removed from the cemetery. The headstone that Hiram had placed for Leonard was also removed (since he obviously wasn't dead), and the remaining money in the trust was divided between a college fund for Everett and a donation to Around the World Missions.

Katrina got so fed up with the talking appliances around her house that she actually locked Eugene out of the house one day and refused to let him come back inside until he promised to take the voice chips out of every single one of them.

Unlike the rest of Odyssey, Eugene doesn't consider the whole Novacom thing truly "settled". The Chairman is still at large, and he haunts Eugene's dreams and fears as much as Dalton Kearn haunted Leonard.

What's the fastest way to annoy Eugene, according to Katrina? Tell him that you've lost The Game.
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
TigerintheShadows

^Are those headcanons Album 29? Because they've just been signed, sealed, and committed. \:D/

Liz and Connie are Odyssey's resident selfie-takers. Connie's got the better Instagram filters, but Liz definitely has the more killer duckface. Mandy and Penny don't even need to take selfies because of how many times they've been featured in Liz and Connie's.

Kelly eventually gets formally adopted into the Washington household. She also has a great fondness for their backyard and likes to sit out there on nice nights and watch the stars.

Jack Davis eventually goes into restaurant management, discovering that he has a real fondness for it after working his way up at his pizza place job.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

TigerintheShadows wrote:^Are those headcanons Album 29? Because they've just been signed, sealed, and committed. \:D/
You're a cheeseball.

Ingress, are you writing (a) fanfic(s)? Is that why you have so many Meltsner/Novacom-specific headcanons?
TigerintheShadows

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:^Are those headcanons Album 29? Because they've just been signed, sealed, and committed. \:D/
You're a cheeseball.
I've been waiting to use that one. \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog