Abandoned AIOSODA Redesign

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Abandoned AIOSODA Redesign

Post by Shadowpaw »

Just came across this today and forgot all about it. I redesigned AIOSODA.com about 5 years back with the intention of releasing... but I never finished it. Here's a sample of what it looked like... you could actually log in and comment on my site using your ToO account. It was pretty cool and totally worked. But I just ran out of time...
aiosodaredesign.png
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Wow, that is a nice look. I really like it.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It does look great! I remember you talking about that way back in the day...I think. Unless I'm making up memories now. ;) Maybe this is an idea whose time has come again? O:)
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Catspaw wrote:Maybe this is an idea whose time has come again? O:)
I must say, I think I rather agree with Catspaw up there. :mrgreen:
Is there any chance this might be up and running in the semi-near future?
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Even if I had the time, which I don't, I don't know if there's much value in redesigning the Soda Fountain. AIOWiki has proven extremely successful and most of the content that was on the Soda Fountain can now be found there and then some. Plus, my goal was always to make the Soda Fountain more interactive and AIOWiki serves that purpose as well.

I could potentially devote some of my time to doing some design changes to the wiki, but I've been pretty hands off so far. The core group who update the site are pretty awesome and I'd rather help consolidate the efforts onto improving the wiki itself than putting any more time into the Soda Fountain. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, the wiki is great, but I do miss the SF sometimes. :( I will settle for an April Fool's joke posted every year, which will consist of promises to redesign the place and be active there, and you can see how many of us will fall for it every single year. \:D/ Plus maybe you could work McGee and Me! in there somewhere.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Catspaw wrote:Yes, the wiki is great, but I do miss the SF sometimes. :( I will settle for an April Fool's joke posted every year, which will consist of promises to redesign the place and be active there, and you can see how many of us will fall for it every single year. \:D/ Plus maybe you could work McGee and Me! in there somewhere.
My April Fools joke that they were developing a radio drama based off McGee and Me! was pretty hilarious. ;)
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Your site was my go to place for album art and episode title formatting. It was a sad day when you ceased working on it.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

MDB17 wrote:Your site was my go to place for album art and episode title formatting. It was a sad day when you ceased working on it.
I appreciate your kind words! I was pretty proud of that site, especially the character/actor database which had never been done before that time. If I had the time, I'd love to get it up to date... I could easily get everything but the characters/actors up to date pretty quickly, but with the aiowiki, there just seems little point. :(