How Do We Like The Reboot

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

How Do We Like The Reboot

Post by SirWhit »

Exactly what the title says. What do people think about the reboot? Personally, I think that it's getting back on it's feet from the terrible Albums 51 & 52. It was split episode albums bad the first two albums. It picked up in 53, and has been getting progressively better since.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

That's how most people feel, I think. My opinion differs only slightly, but that's because I didn't start listening at the end of the hiatus, I stopped listening until 2012 (and then I went to the live show and that reawoke my interest). I think that worked to my favor, because I was less likely to compare it to older stuff.

That said I did think album 51 was a mixed bag. Jubilee was fantastic for the most part, but the rest of the album wasn't that strong. Where I disagree with most people is 52, I actually enjoyed it more than most people. 53 through 56 was fantastic. I'm still not sure what to think of 57, but my initial reaction was that it wasn't quite as good as the previous four.
Jamesobie
Gold Member

Post by Jamesobie »

Right on, Jonathan!
-Trenton Landmark<><
P.S. The Bones rule, and the Israelites drool.
In memory of StrongNChrist, whom I never met.Image
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I've only heard random episodes here and there after album 51, but it does seem to have gotten better. Actually I did listen to all of 53 and it wasn't on par with previous big epic long story things but it was good.

The dark, gritty reboot I proposed would have been better. :(
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Yes, it probably would have been better.