Jennifer's 2014 Travel Playlist

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Jennifer's 2014 Travel Playlist

Post by jennifertwt »

After 6 years in Sweden, we are finally going back to visit Texas (the US)! AS I do not sleep on airplanes (8-10 hour flight and 18-30 hour total journey), I am creating new playlist to transfer to my Samsung Galaxy S5 media device (not phone). I refuse to buy Another I device. (so far anyway). It is a mix of action adventure and Airport/airplane eps.

So far:

Aloha Oy 1-3
Waylaid in the windy City 1-2 (we have a layover in Chicago)
The Search for Whit 1-3
Home, Sweet Home (love the lost luggage scene)
Love is in the Air 1-2
The Right Choice ?
The Labrynth
The Pilot
Prisoners of Fear
The Top Floor
Home Again?
The Cross of Cortes (I am from San Antonio, TX, this Always makes me homesick)

I will also be making a thanksgiving and chrismtas playlist since we will be there over thanksgiving.

any more suggestions? I was originally limiting it to 12 eps, then realized with mp3's it really doesn't matter!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Gone, perhaps? It has a significant portion take place at Odyssey Airport.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I did have that on the previous Airport playlist. followed by But Not Forgotten.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Three-parters are always great for long trips. :) In that case, I'd suggest A Perfect Witness 1-3 and A Name Not a Number 1-2, as those are also action/adventure.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

now that could be something. a long-play list of 3 parters. :-)

-- 18 Aug 2014 10:19 am --

After listening to Love is in the Air for thousands of times I FINALLY "got it" when Jason says "I guess our loves really are in the Air...." Duh...........that is the great thing about Odyssey, you can hear something a million times and someday something new strikes you.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
aragtaghooligan
29K to go!

Post by aragtaghooligan »

I'm not sure if you ever did a play list of long three part ones which would be good for travelling but I found all the ones with three parts.
1. Back to Bethlehem
2. Aloha Oy!
3. The Perfect Witness
4. The Search for Wit
5. For Whom The Wedding Bells Toll
6. A Message from Malachi
7. Here today gone tomorrow
8. Prisoners of fear
9. The Top Floor
10. The Other Side of the Glass
11. A New Era
12. The Jubilee Singers
13. The Labyrinth
14. Life Expectancy
15. The Cure

There is also Sergeant York which is four parts. The Dr. Blackgaard and Novacom Sagas also are multiple episode adventures and recently The Green Ring Conspiracy and The Ties That Bind are album long adventures.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

oh thank you for the leg work on that one! saving that to a word doc so I don't lose it.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden