The Whit's End Podcast Is Going To Interview Paul McCusker

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

The Whit's End Podcast Is Going To Interview Paul McCusker

Post by Bren »

If you haven't submitted your questions for the Paul McCusker interview, e-mail them to [email protected] by October 4th.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I have a question: Phil Lollar has mentioned before that AIO very nearly did an episode about homosexuality in the early 90's. What made you decide to not do it then, but to write it now? How did you go about handling the writing of such an explosive topic?
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I haz a question as well. Some might consider it a spoiler(I don't), but I shall let you decide.
It seems like the Parker family's "tenseness" sideplot in Album 58 wasn't really resolved. Can we expect more to come of this?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Leonard,
I am trying to understand your post. It sounds like you are saying they are now Making the episode about homosexuality. Are they gonna make this one in ten episode?

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote:Leonard,
I am trying to understand your post. It sounds like you are saying they are now Making the episode about homosexuality. Are they gonna make this one in ten episode?
I'm referring to all of The Ties That Bind.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Ok thanks. I did not think of that.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

Q: How did you get the ideas about the Novels such as 'Strange Journey Back'?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

We have extended the deadline until November 1st.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Actually, I have a much more pressing question. A huge focus of this season is about family structure, and gay marriage specifically. If you guys want to teach kids about it, why do the words "gay" or "homosexual" never appear in the entire album? How can you teach kids anything when you're dancing around a topic without ever explicitly saying what you're talking about?
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

On a less serious note, I noticed some similarities between the Vigilantors and the online hacktivist group Anonymous in terms of the national infamy, ruthlessness, and activism for social justice causes. Was there an inspiration there, or something similar? Or was it more along the lines of "The Bones of Rath but social justice activists"?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Who on the Odyssey team thought that "Chang Fang" was a realistic Asian name? I mean, really?
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

What kinds of Buck-related subplots can we expect to see in the future? And has he become a Christian, or is he on the way there? Album 58 didn't really clarify one way or the other.

Is there anything that he can tell us about what's coming in Album 59? Will it be another theme album, or will it be mostly slice-of-life?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Is there a reason you focused so heavily on the Perilous Pen/Maximized Comics storyline?
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

Will album 59 be a continuation of sorts of Album 58?
-Wakko
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

There's still a week to submit your questions for the Paul McCusker interview, You can either post them here or e-mail them to [email protected].
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Will you be writing any more Father Gilbert Mysteries for Radio Theatre?

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Graces4you wrote:Will you be writing any more Father Gilbert Mysteries for Radio Theatre?
To add to that question, is there any Radio Theatre info regarding any future projects that he could offer us?
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

I believe he mentioned a Father Gilbert book possibly coming out? Also I really enjoyed his TSI (Time Scene Investigators) Mysteries that came out a few years ago. Does he have any plans for more of them?
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Now that Buck is back, will we hear from Mr. Skint in the future?

Will we ever hear from Leonard Meltsner again? If so, can we have a conversation with him and Detecive Polehaus?

Is Eugene and Katrina still involved with Hand up? Is it still around?

Is whits end connesville and Timothy center still around?

Are we Ever gonna hear from the chairman/ mr. Charles / any of novacom people again? The chairman said its over.. For now.

Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

Uh oh. So I realize I'm dead on the deadline, but hopefully this is acceptable. Sorry if this is inconvenient.

1. You originally intended Penny to be an evil villainess. After she turned out to be a long-term character, how did you come to realization that Penny and Wooton should be married? And what were the team’s thoughts?

2. You are quite honest about the issues in The Ties that Bind, going so far as to bring up a few times that boys and girls today can, if they so choose, “marry” their own gender. How did you approach this issue? How did you decide how much information you would give? How did you decide what information was key to communicate to the audience?

3. What’s your opinion on the oddly popular fan idea of Connie marrying Jason?

4. I realize this is mainly Nathan Hoobler’s thing, but are there any fan sites or message boards you enjoy visiting?

5. Jeff, Harlow, Mrs. Kramer, Detective Polehouse and of course Buck have made triumphant reappearances recently. Will any other faces be popping up again soon? Some relatively new but well loved characters haven’t shown up for some time, such as Jacques Henri. Other older characters have appeared but not for some time, such as Mrs. Randolph.

6. What was the inspiration for Hadley?

Thank you so much!
~Pound Foolish