Connie/Eugene playlist

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Connie/Eugene playlist

Post by jennifertwt »

Now is the time to start thinking about my travel Eugene/ Connie playlist. What are some of your favorite eps?

Off the top of my head is of course Connie as it is Connie's salvation story and introduces Eugene even though they do not actually interact that much. Suspicous Minds is great, Applesauce, The Champ of the Camp, License to Drive.........Let the fun begin!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I Slap Floor perhaps? With their fake relationship? Thy Will Be Done is another one mainly focused on their interactions. Best Intentions?
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I Slap Floor is hilarious! That is a great idea.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You already mentioned some of my favourites, but I think "Best Intentions" could maybe make that list (EDIT: I just noticed that Leonard mentioned this episode as well, so I guess that's a good sign!), as well as some that would fit other themes. For example, "Back to Bethlehem" is clearly a Christmas episode, but it also has some great Eugene/Connie interactions.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Catspaw wrote:For example, "Back to Bethlehem" is clearly a Christmas episode, but it also has some great Eugene/Connie interactions.
That has one of my favorite Eugene/Connie moments:
E: I may need help tying my sandals.
C: (giggles) The IQ of a planet and he can't even tie his own sandals.
E: I'll ignore that.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I had forgotten about Best Intentions! As we are staying over Thanksgiving, I will be also making a thanksgiving/Christmas playlist. Back to Bethlehem is on it for sure!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

War of Words is one my favorites when it comes to the two of them!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh yeah, I haven't listened to that episode in a long time, but that is a good one! :lol:

There are so many episodes over the years that you could easily do a bit of theme showing the progression of their relationship over the decades, Jennifer. Did you have a specific plan in mind or just favourites? It works either way, but I'm curious what you were planning or prefer.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

War of Words does not even sound familiar, have to check it out! This is for a very long plane ride so I was thinking favorites, but if it also has a deeper theme, that is ok too. I do not sleep on planes, so the more my mind is occupied, the easier I can "rest" (as in sit quietly with Eye mask, earplugs,, and not disturb my seatmates/husband).
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

War of the Words is the one focusing on word intent in Album 20, made famous by the word "millijoit".
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

just listened to it, I am not sure I hever heard it before. It was great! definitely going on the list!

-- 09 Oct 2014 02:35 pm --

Haven't put these in order yet, but at the moment the list contains:
Connie I-II
A Bit of Applesauce
I Slap Floor
War of the Words
Best of Intentions
Suspcious Minds
Connie Goes to Camp 1-2
Eugene's Dilemma
For Better or Worse 1-2
Solitary Refinement