Album 59: Taking the Plunge

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Album 59: Taking the Plunge

Post by Jehoshaphat »

So album 59 is slated to come out in August 2015. It says on AIO Wiki that it will only have 2 discs which could mean only 6 episodes. It also says that the album will take up right where 58 left off.

Discuss.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

The cover art! \:D/

It appears the rumors were true. :boohoo: I am so conflicted right now. Focus did something similar back with Album 44 & 45. They split the album into 2 parts (44a and 44b) and then released the "complete collection." That failed miserably from what I remember and they went back to the regular release with Album 46.

It's cheap. They've already put an album's worth of episodes and spread them out over a year with the OAC, but this is ridiculous. If this meant that we would get Album 59 at the beginning of 2015 and 60 at the end of the year, I may not have such a problem with it. We wouldn't have to wait a year to hear 12 non-exclusive episodes. From what I've read, 59 will come out in late summer. If they don't have a follow up album by the end of the year, I'm going to be really upset. :x

Be careful with Album 58 spoilers on this page!
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Now that is just ridiculous.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

So the question here is are they splitting up albums like they tried a decade ago, or are they cutting the number of episodes per album in half? I'm inclined to think it's the latter, as this isn't labeled 59a, as they were before.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

It's even weirder since we just had a 14-part album.

Unless that's part of the reason???
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

If you guys have questions concerning this news, send them to [email protected] and we will try to get some answers for you.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Done. If you give answers on your podcast, please let us know when they are included. Though I had to work on being diplomatic in my question as I can't quite understand why every new innovation in the last two years has appeared designed to alienate portions of their fanbase.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Johnthan. Yes. That is right on.
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

So, I got this email from Dave Arnold and it answers the question about split albums:
Hi Ashley,

No, not split, but they moving forward our albums will be in six episode configurations. Were doing this as a result of input from buyers and sellers who say that they would prefer that we release our product more often and with a lower price point. By making this change, we’ll be able to release two six episode packages of new material per year (people won’t have to wait for the twelve episodes to be produced before being able to purchase them), and each package will be sold at a lower price, which we hope helps as well.

The albums may wind up with cliffhangers, depending on whether we decide to do longer story archs, but they won’t be a/b albums like we did years ago.

Blessings! And thanks for listening!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for sharing that, Ashley. That's good to know. This will take some getting used to, but whatever. I can see how it makes more sense for some people. And you never know if things might change back in the future! 6 episodes just doesn't seem like a lot when I'm used to 12.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

According to the great Nathan Hoobler...
Nathan Hoobler wrote:Most of the questions regarding Album 59 will be answered on the December 10th edition of The Official Adventures in Odyssey podcast. One note to tide people over till then: Though Album 59 only has six episodes, Album 60 is part of the same season. So there will still be 12 new episodes released outside of the OAC
Last edited by Bren on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

. .what questions were answered in the podcast? I'm too lazy to listen >.>

So basically, it's still no longer 24 episodes a year (at least, public ones), but 12--now just split up into 6-episode chunks to "tide us over."
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

Minor bump.
Do we know anything else about this album? I can't find anything about it, which is kind of odd since this album is only a few months away.
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Here's my Oddcast notes on what we know right now.
Episode titles
777. First Things First

Album description:
"In the all-new album, Taking the Plunge, your favorite Adventures in Odyssey characters are faced with life decisions and hard lessons. Will Penny “take the plunge” and say yes to Wooton’s marriage proposal? Will Eugene solve a mystery about missing money? Will Buck make the right kind of new friends? Will Olivia discover how to create a perfect family? Take the plunge into adventure and learn valuable life lessons about commitment, conflict, expectations, and secrets in six audio dramas from the award-winning team celebrating 27 years of fun and entertainment for the entire family!"

Paul's notes:
-Paul confirms that we'll explore Penny and Wooton's relationship more before Penny gives her answer about the proposal. She'll take an appropriate amount of time to pray and consider before responding.
-We won't see Buck and Eugene's fishing trip, sadly, but we will get a lot more development building on 58, obviously.
-We'll learn more about Penny's background.
-We'll meet her family in 59 or 60.
-Whit's mysterious health issue wasn't just a plot point for 58. It will carry on in the future in some vague, subtle, yet important way.
-So it sounds like Olivia's adventure in the ROC may be it's own album or even book trilogy called Sideways?! Wow, no wonder it must've been SOME adventure. If it's a book, the first one may come out at the same time as 59.

Release dates:
-It sounds like 59 will hit the OAC in May, digital download in July, hard copy in August, radio in the Fall.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Is there anywhere I can learn about Whit's mysterious health issue, like on the AiO wiki? That sounds interesting. Maybe it is a part of a plan to kill off Whit.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I'm not sure if there's anything on the wiki, apart from episode summaries for the TTB episodes, but you can listen to the Official Podcast's interview with Paul from December, and hear exactly what he said about it. Victoria and I are convinced that Paul is going to kill Whit as a final mark to leave on the series as he leaves Focus.
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

the point about splitting the season into 2 volumes will make it cheaper is baloney. You can preorder "Taking the Plunge" on Amazon for $11.09, which means $22.18 for 12 episodes. I used to be able to buy previous 12 episode volumes for around $16-$17 dollars. It will actually cost me more now to buy 2 separate volumes. Just signed up for the club for $1 using the promocode "buck". Offer is good until May 31.
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
aragtaghooligan
29K to go!

Post by aragtaghooligan »

Are you taking inflation into consideration?
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Well, checking amazon, I bought "The Ties That Bind" back in October and I paid $17.99. CBS is doing the same thing with Gunsmoke and Bonanza. They make more money by splitting the season into 2 volumes.
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:I'm not sure if there's anything on the wiki, apart from episode summaries for the TTB episodes, but you can listen to the Official Podcast's interview with Paul from December, and hear exactly what he said about it. Victoria and I are convinced that Paul is going to kill Whit as a final mark to leave on the series as he leaves Focus.
What's this about Paul leaving Focus?
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.