OAC for Only $5 / New Promo Code *Today Only* 2/6/2015

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Limerick
OK

OAC for Only $5 / New Promo Code *Today Only* 2/6/2015

Post by Limerick »

I know some of you were concerned about the OAC price, and some of you talked about the value of joining for one month, once a year, to get the episodes you missed. Now might be the time for anyone thinking about doing that:

When you sign up for an Odyssey Adventure Club membership and use promo code BIRTHDAY this month, we'll send you 3 Last Chance Detectives® audio dramas, as a digital download, and an official Adventures in Odyssey poster signed by the actors and crew! Plus, you'll get your first month for just $5 ... a $10 savings!

And the small print:

$5/first month, $15 ongoing; The Birthday Promotion is available to new accounts only signing up during the month of January 2015. Please allow 3-4 weeks for gift delivery.

It doesn't say anything about needing to not cancel after the first month, if anyone actually tries and runs into difficulty, let us know.

(I already have an account and do not qualify :p)

Anyway, thought some people might want to know :)
Last edited by Limerick on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Thanks. Maybe I'll make a new account, even though I already have one(not active anymore, I didn't wanna pay the $15). I have like 10 emails xD
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Their promo code BIRTHDAY isn't working..
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I joined the Odyssey Adventure Club just now! \:D/

I haven't listened to Adventures in Odyssey (or visited this board) in a long, long time.

The main reason I joined is to listen to the new episode to be released about Carry the Cure and Alaska! I've been an Alaskan resident for a couple years now and may personally get in touch with Carry the Cure this season. I first heard about the ministry when my mom met the founder at a church in Maryland. Then, the founder of Carry the Cure was a guest speaker at my church in Alaska last year, but I missed him due to being out of town.

In addition, I plan to catch up on all of the new episodes.

The BIRTHDAY code (worked for me) was a bonus. :)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Cool, Taq! And nice to see you around. =]
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Thank you snubs. It's nice to see you too!

EDIT: Bummer that there is no OAC android app (yet).
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

Also of note, seems they have heard the complaints about OAC costing too much.

From an email today:

"We've heard from many of those that have left or not joined the club yet that money is tight and for some $15 a month is a sacrifice. But we also realize that your child's faith is an eternal investment.

That's why we want to extend a special offer to you.

When you sign up for the Odyssey Adventure Club today using the promo code WHIT, you'll receive the Odyssey Adventure Club for just $9.99 per month*. That's a $60 savings each year! "

Looks like it might be a one day offer, and this may still not be enough for many, but, wanted to bring this to y'all's attention.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

They are going to keep experimenting with the price until they can get enough people on board. I signed up on the 30th (of Jan), but I plan to cancel at the end of the month.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Limerick wrote:Also of note, seems they have heard the complaints about OAC costing too much.

From an email today:

"We've heard from many of those that have left or not joined the club yet that money is tight and for some $15 a month is a sacrifice. But we also realize that your child's faith is an eternal investment.

That's why we want to extend a special offer to you.

When you sign up for the Odyssey Adventure Club today using the promo code WHIT, you'll receive the Odyssey Adventure Club for just $9.99 per month*. That's a $60 savings each year! "

Looks like it might be a one day offer, and this may still not be enough for many, but, wanted to bring this to y'all's attention.
Offer valid till March 31
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

snubs wrote:They are going to keep experimenting with the price until they can get enough people on board. I signed up on the 30th (of Jan), but I plan to cancel at the end of the month.
I succumbed and joined, but my husband has now become unemployed (again), so I will cancel when Carry the Cure is finished and possibly rejoin in December to catch up on Season 2 of the OAC........maybe. Depends on if I miss it or not. I like the convenience of being able to listen at work without having to load my mp4, but really, it costs me nothing to listen to my OWN eps.........we shall see. :boohoo:
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Totally understand what you mean, jennifertwt. I think my 5 bucks was worth it to listen to the Harley episodes and check out the OAC eps... but after that.. I just can't afford it, and I don't think it is worth it for me. However, it has been cool to listen to the exclusive episodes. They are preettyyyy good. So I guess I'll miss that a little bit (but even $9.99 isn't quite cheap enough/worth it for me at the moment).

EDIT: I do think Focus has very good intentions with the Club. They are spreading awareness about different charities/organizations, and that's pretty cool. And now that they have gone global, a whole lot more people can listen to AIO who otherwise couldn't (or couldn't very easily). However, it seems they haven't found a good medium with the price for a lot of people (in my opinion), but I can understand the need for $15/month.

The number one issue I have right now (that's pretty annoying) is they are now going to split albums in half, and only members can listen to the whole album when it comes out. While nonmembers are left with buying half an album. -_- How am I supposed to complete my collection with that??
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

as long as the OAC eps remain unavailable for purchase either through download or hard copy, my collection will be incomplete. So I am sticking to my guns and not buying any new albums until that is rectified. I think having the split albums is a really bad idea..............I do not see how having 2 "half" albums makes it more affordable. Yeah, you pay half as much at a time, but that half could be saved until you have the whole amount. I do not think people know how to budget or save anymore (kids and adults). Even $2 in a cookie jar a week adds up.

I think by having the half albums released twice a year and denying access to the OAC eps to the general public, casual fans will lose interests which means hard core fans will be fewer and fewer and eventually "die off". In order to increase the casual fan base, they need to stick to at least 1 full album a year. Every hard core fan started out as a casual fan.........I know I did.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Umm....They're still releasing a full 12-episode album next year. It'll just be in two six-episode albums. And then the OAC will get their 12 exclusive episodes.

Same setup as last year.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I thought they were going to release 6 eps in the fall and 6 in the following spring. Yes, I do realize that equals 12. ;-)

but if they go to the split album format, I still think they will lose momentum and casual fans will lose interest.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

As always and forever, I'm still opposed to the club because AIO is a ministry, and alienating anyone in your fanbase who is a missionary overseas or who does not live in a wealthy enough family just doesn't seem like good vision. It's a fine idea if it didn't involve the exclusive episodes. But I've said it before and I say it again, the exclusive eps really just scream "Sorry kid. You're not rich enough to deserve the other 50% of episodes."

On a more positive note, I actually do like the idea of splitting the albums. I'll miss the uniformity of the plastic cases, but I'm told the new cardboard design saves focus money (without alienating it's fanbase, so that's a plus) and it means that we get the new episodes spaced out a bit more than all at once each fall. Seems like a win-win (and very small loss of personal comfort)
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

snubs wrote:The number one issue I have right now (that's pretty annoying) is they are now going to split albums in half, and only members can listen to the whole album when it comes out. While nonmembers are left with buying half an album. -_- How am I supposed to complete my collection with that??
album 59 is only 6 episodes OAC members get the 6 episodes a little sooner (May 2015) but the physical release will have the same 6 episodes soon after, same with 60, members get the 6 episodes in Fall 2015 and I'm sure the physical release will be out in time for the holidays too, you can still complete your collection.

I think the split albums could help sales, they should fit nicely into that price range for childrens friends birthday parties plus 2 a year is less likely to be forgotten then an album once a year like it is now
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Okay so they are doing 6 episode albums? and not 6 episode half albums?

And oh, good. I thought they were going to release only 6 to nonmembers and 12 to OAC members.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Dallas R. wrote:As always and forever, I'm still opposed to the club because AIO is a ministry, and alienating anyone in your fanbase who is a missionary overseas or who does not live in a wealthy enough family just doesn't seem like good vision. It's a fine idea if it didn't involve the exclusive episodes. But I've said it before and I say it again, the exclusive eps really just scream "Sorry kid. You're not rich enough to deserve the other 50% of episodes."

On a more positive note, I actually do like the idea of splitting the albums. I'll miss the uniformity of the plastic cases, but I'm told the new cardboard design saves focus money (without alienating it's fanbase, so that's a plus) and it means that we get the new episodes spaced out a bit more than all at once each fall. Seems like a win-win (and very small loss of personal comfort)
Those in agreement have beat the ExClub horse to Death, but I like the way you put it. I can see releasing the OAC eps first to the club and then to the public as a plus in and of itself. Afterall, once you have listened to the exclusive ep, your 1/2 hour of new Entertainment that you are paying $15/month for is over. So what do you do the rest of the time? Use the ExClub for convenience. I do like being able to listen at work, but will probably drop out after Carry the Cure is finished for financial reasons. I also hope that the card board cover is much better constructed than the 3 CD Bible story album was, But it does not matter, I will not be buying any more until the OAC issue is resolved, or not.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
binks2001
Not as new

Post by binks2001 »

Hello All,

Quick question, I tried to sign up today using the WHIT code and I am getting an invalid code error. I thought this offer was valid until March 31st 2015.
Does anybody have the new code for the $9.99 per month?

binks2001