New BTV?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

New BTV?

Post by jennifertwt »

Ever since the Oddcast posted a list of the upcoming OAC eps (yes, I succumbed and joined) I have been intrigued the one with a BTV title. Usually, I do not enjoy speculation, but it would be interesting to hear people's theories. A new "B"? Barrett? Brian? a new character? A previously unreleased ep? Let the brain storming begin!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that it's already been confirmed that another main character will host the show, such as Connie or Whit. I do hope that they at least address Bernard's absence in the episode though.
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I do not follow the usual fan sites so I am usually out of the loop. hm...........then they should change the name of the show. Unless the "B" stood for something other than Bernard.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

jennifertwt wrote:I do not follow the usual fan sites so I am usually out of the loop. hm...........then they should change the name of the show. Unless the "B" stood for something other than Bernard.
No, the B does indeed stand for Bernard, as stated in the first BTV episode "I Want My BTV".
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

Why not get a new voice for him? He was a really good character!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I have to listen to I Want my BTV again but in another forum they said the B stood for Bible. I think so many people associate it with "B"ernard that it would not have hurt to remind people of that and would have taken 1-2 seconds.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

It really does stand for Bernard, not Bible. And sadly, they don't explain his absence at all. :( It annoyed me a lot, but oh well! The episode itself was good, but a 5 second explanation would have been nice.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Phil Lollar said the B in "B-TV" was supposed to have a dual meaning for both 'Bible' and 'Bernard'

also.. I love Bernard just as much as the next person, but I personally don't see what the big deal is. *shrugs*
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Mostly just sentimental and not filling in the "holes" . Also increasing irritation that they will take on such heavy issues as The Ties That bind yet the death of a character /actor goes unmarked. felt the same way about Tom Riley.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

We all go through wanting disappeared characters to be acknowledged. But what do we want? A brief explanation of why Bernard can't do BTV anymore? That would be just insulting. It would be like giving a vet a thank-you lollipop. An entire episode at least would be needed for a proper goodbye to Bernard. And listeners who joined post-hiatus won't even know who Bernard is.

It's not canonically inconsistent not to mention him, at least. The show was usually introduced not only by Bernard but with other characters too (and sometimes entirely without Bernard?)

Anyhoo, good episode. It was amazing, it's like they hadn't done an album without BTV. It didn't feel like they were trying to recreate their own work years later. It felt like they turned on the lights in the BTV studio and whipped out a true blue BTV episode. It's a perfect instace of a character's contributions leaving their mark, but the show moves on gracefully.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Well put, Pound Foolish.

:yes:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |