Adventures in Oddity [new book]

by Will Ryan and Katie Leigh

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Adventures in Oddity [new book]

Post by snubs »

Have you all heard about the new book, soon to be released, Will Ryan and Katie Leigh wrote? Here is their facebook page advertising it.
A humorous celebration of Will and Katie's friendship and work together on Adventures in Odyssey and beyond! (new artwork and just a little silliness too!)
I am pretty eager to read it. I may even pre-order it when it is available. \:D/ What about you guys?
^Click for full view.
EDIT: Order yours here. =]
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Is Adventures in Odyssey really America's longest-running dramatic radio series? That is some accomplishment. I suppose the BBC likely has a show that went longer which is why it isn't the longest running radio show in English.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

The only series that is longer, as I understand it, is that Unshackled series, but it's out of Chicago. (It's been going since '45, I think).
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

The Archers started in 1951, and it is currently in production. It is done by the BBC. That was the program done by the BBC I was thinking of.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Will Ryan looks amazing in that photo \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun! I would definitely be interested when it is released. :D
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

It's up for preorder! Also, the first 100 purchases will get an autographed copy of the book from Katie and Will.

http://katieleigh.com/wordpress/adventu ... -for-sale/

Needless to say, I am excited to read it!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

yeah, I saw that on facebook, Peachy Keen! I've already pre-ordered it. \:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Just ordered mine! (Had to put the phone call off until December though, so Victoria and I can be sure to be together and available for it!)
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I couldn't afford the phone call. =[
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I pre-ordered the non-phone call version yesterday. \:D/ I'm looking forward to reading it!
Katievoice1
Lurker

Post by Katievoice1 »

Hi Everyone! I loved reading your comments about Adventures In Oddity! Will and I had so much fun putting it together, and we hope you have fun reading it. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in any way!
blessing,
katie
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

How exciting, thanks for for saying hi, Katie! Your talent has entertained me and brought me closer to Jesus in so many ways.

If you enjoy hearing us fans celebrate your lovely book, there's another topic about it on this AIO board: http://www.odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewt ... 607#p93607. People are quite excited there, too.

Anyhow, glad you and Will enjoyed the book, though that's hardly surprising. This is the first book you've written, isn't it?
Katievoice1
Lurker

Post by Katievoice1 »

yep it's my first book, our first book together. but I'm working on a longer more personal book as well
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I love that I decided to reconnect with here and re-listen to Odyssey for the first time in a few years, and it just happens to be just in time for this. I preordered it and it might end up being the best birthday present I get this year!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Katievoice1 wrote:yep it's my first book, our first book together. but I'm working on a longer more personal book as well
Cool to have you on the board, Katie! Are you still receiving stories for your other book? or are you passed that stage? I kept meaning to send in something.. but I kept forgetting. =p

ANYWAY, I got my signed copy in the mail today! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Where do you buy this book? I've looked on CBD, Focus, Amazon and nothing. If it is not available now, when will it be available?
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I got mine! 45/100
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Awesome, Arwen! *highfives*
Laurie wrote:Where do you buy this book? I've looked on CBD, Focus, Amazon and nothing. If it is not available now, when will it be available?
You can order it on Katie Leigh's website, Laurie. :yes: Click here for the direct link.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

snubs wrote:Awesome, Arwen! *highfives*
Laurie wrote:Where do you buy this book? I've looked on CBD, Focus, Amazon and nothing. If it is not available now, when will it be available?
You can order it on Katie Leigh's website, Laurie. :yes: Click here for the direct link.
Thank you snubs. I bought my copy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln