First Episode

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
aragtaghooligan
29K to go!

First Episode

Post by aragtaghooligan »

The first AIO episode I ever heard was Waylaid in the Windy City. My mom, sister, and I were borrowing my uncles van to go grocery shopping and his son had left this tape in the player. After that we borrowed all of his albums up to number 25 and then we got 26 to album 43 for ourselves. One birthday someone did give me 47 on CD but for the most part I lost interest except when I would listen now and then on One Place. My sister recently joined the OAC so my interest was re-peaked as I listened to all the ones I missed.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

This is a really good topic idea...

Ummmm...So I wasn't actually the one to discover AIO in my family...In fact it was my mom. We already listened to all the, "Freddy the Pig" [Gold star to that amazing series...] audio books, and it was time for a change. We were faced with two whole days in the car so my mom decided to pick up an AIO album from the ah Library. So my very first AIO episode was: Prisoners of Fear Part 1...So let's just say the rest of my life after this one moment in history changed drastically.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Victoria and I had Chick-Fil-A tapes for Back to Bethlehem, Gifts for Madge and Guy, Suspicious Minds, and This is Chad Pearson? when we were wee, wee youngin's.

I don't know which tape came first.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

My mom discovered the show on the radio when I was young (The only Odyssey tape/CD I ever owned was one I got when I went to CFA, years after I'd been listening to the show on the radio). I honestly have no idea which episode I heard first. I have a really vague recollection of hearing Stormy Weather when I was too young to really understand it. So it might have been that one.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I think one of my first episodes was The Painting. I didn't understand it at all, not knowing any of the characters...

We got a few of the early albums and an episode compilation from our cousin.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Recollections and Promises, Promises. The first album I ever bought was a compilation which included those episodes: Welcome to Odyssey.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri May 15, 2015 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

I was 8 months old at the time, so I could not say...
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

"First Hand Experience".
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I happen to know that the first episode I heard was What Are We Going to Do About Halloween? The second episode I heard was The Twilife Zone.

Kind of a weird start. It was another five years before I started listening regularly.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I remember my first one being The Jesus Cloth. They played it during nap time at my Christian school. I've been hooked ever since.
ImageImageImage
logos linked