AIO fan art

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

AIO fan art

Post by Kaida »

Not sure if there is already a topic like this, BUT I was wondering if anyone who arts has done any AIO fan art.
I had not until recently on the ToO chatroom someone suggested a bunch of us artsy people should do some fan art. We all decided on Jason. (The majority of us were girls.) Some chose to do something else. Anyway...

Jason

UPDATE: Jason is no longer as blurry as before. Still haven't fixed his stinkin' small hand. :x
Haven't really practiced shading so this is like a first real try at it.

Anyone else have any AIO fan art? I'd love to see it. Psh, even if you art, but haven't done any AIO stuff, send me a PM showing off your skills. I wanna see.
Last edited by Kaida on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I'm always so excited to see people doing AIO fanart, it's so rare and precious! Great job, by the way!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:I'm always so excited to see people doing AIO fanart, it's so rare and precious! Great job, by the way!
So true, Leonard! I feel the same way. I actually like most AIO fan art more than the official art. =p

@Kaida: As I said before, he looks like a 19-21 year old Jason. \:D/ I really want to draw some AIO art, but meehhh, I don't draw very well so I haven't tried. Maybe I should though, now that we have a whole thread dedicated to it.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

He does look rather young. =p I tried to draw Connie, but stopped. I may try again later. I'm trying to draw something else now.. Not gonna say what yet, but it's looking pretty coolish right now. Needs more work though. I'm slow at drawing. =( But I got the idea while listening to an episode of AIO.

YAAASSSS, SNUBS. DO IT. =D
#ForeverKitty
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

He does look young, but it's a fantastic drawing! I would definitely like to see more art. :D
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Catspaw wrote:He does look young, but it's a fantastic drawing! I would definitely like to see more art. :D
Your wish is my command... and thank you. =D
With the snubs fix:
=D
Guess the episode. =p
#ForeverKitty
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I luvs it!! =D *already knows where it's from so will not repeat it here*

I was telling my brother last night that I could totally see this style of art being the official AIO art. \:D/ And he agrees. 8-) With a bit more detail and some really nice coloring, it would be A MILLION TIMES better than what they have now. It's realistic (and not so childish looking for older fans), yet animated enough to still appeal to young kids.

We must petition this to make it happen! ASAP. :x
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

:hilarious: The facial expressions are so great! It really cracked me up. Is there a limit to this "Your wish is my command" thing? ;)
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Heh.. heh.. I don't know. What is your wish?

I'm going to try to color the Snow Day picture.. I've never colored on of my drawings so this shall be interesting.
#ForeverKitty
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

I really like it Kaidaaaa!!!! \:D/ You do great work! I see why you want to color your Snow Day picture.... because half of it you won't have to color because it's snow! :P
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Kaida wrote:Heh.. heh.. I don't know. What is your wish?

I'm going to try to color the Snow Day picture.. I've never colored on of my drawings so this shall be interesting.
Haha, I just meant more the in the general sense, not that I had a specific thing that I wanted you to draw. I will settle for you sharing the coloured version of your Snow Day picture when it's done! ;)
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

All that shadow stuff was way too hard so I just did whatever. =p

AAAANNDDD I got a better phone! So better camera! So better picture! Enjoy!
#ForeverKitty
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, the coloured version looks even better, at least in my opinion. It's obvious that you spent time and energy on the details. :D I hadn't noticed the way the hair was sticking out in the original, but it looks great here!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I agree. :yes: The colored version just makes it all POP a lot more. I like it. =D
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

I like it a lot too! You are so good Kaida! Is that colored pencils?
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Thanks y'all. =D It took a really long time.. Mostly because I was busy and also because I didn't know which colors to choose. =p But I'm really happy with the way it came out.

Yes, Ox, I used colored pencils. And the cheap kind too.. mostly. I've thought about getting nice ones.. perhaps later.
#ForeverKitty
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

In the past few weeks, girlster93 on tumblr has been posting tons of lovely fan art! http://girlster93.tumblr.com/tagged/adv ... in-odyssey
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

I know her! =D Well, not really.. But she came on the chat a while back and showed us her arts. I've been looking at her stuff ever since. It's totally awesome! She comes on the chat every now and then and I'm pretty sure she recently got an account here. =D Basically, I have her to thank for me getting into doing AIO art.

snubs has also posted some of her stuff on odysseymoments on instagram.
#ForeverKitty
girlster93
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by girlster93 »

Hi guys! I'm finally officially here and pretty excited about it too :)
And i'm sorry I never got back with sharing my Jason art, but it is all on instagram as Leonard Meltsner kindly pointed out.
Lets see if i can properly post my favorite picture of Jason (and Connie)

Fixed image link. -snubs
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I really like that drawing, girlster. I think it might be my favorite too of your Connie&Jason series. \:D/

By the way, apparently instagram photos don't work in image tags... so I used the tumblr image address, but the image ended up being too large. D= So I downloaded it and uploaded it to postimg.org (it gives you the option to re-size before you upload). So now it is perfect! \:D/