AIO Music on Piano

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Oxar, you're so good! =O #WOW
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I have scoured the internet for so long looking for the sheet music of the AIO theme! :mad: I need this in my life.

Excellent job on this! :yes:
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

That. Is. SOOOO. AWESOME! \:D/ Thanks for sharing snubs. :yay:

Haha, I know Kaida. o____o Don't worry, I won't forget my ToO family when I'm up on the red carpets. 8-)

Thank you Penguin. :D

Haha, haven't we all Petrichor? :P Thanks! :mrgreen:
snubs wrote:I would really like to hear the 1988 and 1998-2003 themes..oh, and the 2008 theme sounds fun too, \:D/ but I can hear where they would be complicated. o.o and it only gets more complicated as the theme updates. :boohoo:
BTW, snubs, this is the 1988 version. :P Well, actually all three themes from Family Portraits-1991 are basically the same. The shorter version used in 1988-91 is different though.
Last edited by Pianoman on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Can I have your autograph?
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Avonlea
Not as new

Post by Avonlea »

So cool Oxy. :yes:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, this is all fantastic! I'm a little late to the party, but this is very cool! :D
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

:lol: Kaida. I just might...I'll send it Penguin-Mail though. :mrgreen:

Thank you Mandy. \:D/

Haha, that's fine Catspaw. ;) Thanks! :D

EDIT:

I HAVE A NEW VIDEO OUT! \:D/ Watch my arrangement of "Every Day is Thanksgiving Day" from episode "A Thankstaking Story." This is a beautiful song and I loved arranging my own cover for it. If you'd like the chord sheets or midi of my arrangement, contact me via PM and I'll send them to you. Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Isaiah the Ox strikes again! \:D/ I loves it. It sounds so pretty on the piano!

Great job, Ox!
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Wow, that sounds really good. I really enjoyed that. Good job, Ox!
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Woww Oxar, that's fantastic, amazing, fabulous. Keep up the great work \:D/
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

This is an amazing piece Isaiah, I really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing your art with us, please keep playing!
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

I'm still alive? I had the inspiration to start another AIO project, so I thought I'd post an update real quick! This is my second AIO episode project I've started, but the first one kind of ran out of steam... So I'm hoping if I post about this second one I'll have a reason to make sure I finish! The goal of these projects is to make a piano arrangement of the entire soundtrack of an episode, basing the arrangement basically on a perfect transcription of all the instruments used in the score. So please keep a look out for the final arrangement!

In the mean time, I have a preview of one section of the score I've already worked on. Can you guess what episode I'm working on based on the music? I hope it's as iconic to you as it is for me. (This isn't the "main theme" of the episode either... I can't make it too easy!) Let me know your ideas below!
If there are some other episodes whose music really stand out to you, please let me know! A lot of episodes get reused music (there's always that one episode where I'm like "But this music is from the x scene in x episode!!"), but what ones (to you) have a really unique score?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My guess is
The Day Independence Came.
Am I right? Clearly you're a lot more musical than I am, but that's the episode that came to my mind from your preview. :D
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

YAAY, more AIO music from the GREAT Isaiah the Ox!! =D

I love this! and can't wait to hear more! And I'm gonna guess what Catspaw said. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! Since we have the same guess, I feel more confident about my answer. ;)
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

You got it Catspaw and snubs! For some reason, I feel like I got the idea to choose this episode from Catspaw... Maybe you mentioned you liked the music some other place? Idk, but you can take credit if you want haha. Also pshawww :oops: snubs, you are too nice!

So update, I'm not too far but further.... :boohoo: I just finished up to the first commercial break. About 7 minutes of audio and I have about 3 minutes of music (not including the AIO theme). So a lot of work so far! It's fun though, and I hope to also come up with some thoughts and have a video with me talking about this music too. Campbell weaves some interesting story-telling into his music too that I'd like to try to point out! Keep an eye out for the finished product. Maybe in a few weeks?

Thanks for the support.

P.S. I just looked up the composer on AIOWIki, and apparently it's not Campbell but just an open source music site. Which is kinda disappointing... but anyhow... (https://www.omnimusic.com/music_search/ ... tracks.php "Roundup" and "Democracy" from this list")
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:You got it Catspaw and snubs! For some reason, I feel like I got the idea to choose this episode from Catspaw... Maybe you mentioned you liked the music some other place? Idk, but you can take credit if you want haha. Also pshawww :oops: snubs, you are too nice!

P.S. I just looked up the composer on AIOWIki, and apparently it's not Campbell but just an open source music site. Which is kinda disappointing... but anyhow... (https://www.omnimusic.com/music_search/ ... tracks.php "Roundup" and "Democracy" from this list")
Nice! I love being right! O:) I like the episode but can't recall mentioning it recently. I am always happy to take credit for the hard work and inspiration of others, however! \:D/

It's a pretty early episode, so that might be the reason for the music source? Not sure, just guessing.
Scientific Guy
Tallying up

Post by Scientific Guy »

So...
First off, big applause to you, Isaiah the Ox!
Second, you don't mind if I nudge in here, do ya? Just let me know and I'll make a new thread or something.
I arrange and compose music all the time, so I decided to do a transcription of a piece I use frequently, Part II of the score for "A Forgiving Heart." You can hear it in "Season 3 Soundtrack" on the AIOC or at the end of every AIOWiki Podcast (plug plug; too many shameless plugs).
https://archive.org/download/aforgiving ... /Score.mp4
If anyone wants to record this, I can privately share the sheet music.
(All © John Campbell and Focus on the Family.)

Post by Pianoman »

I completely forgot you posted this Scientific guy! That's a really awesome transcription! Your attention to dynamics and phrasing as well is very extra and I'm impressed haha. I would love to have a copy if you wouldn't mind sharing, do you mind if I play/record it? It might actually be a while though, I feel like that piece needs a lovely grand piano which I don't have at my disposal at the moment. It's also just a beautiful work, I don't remember it at all but Campbell did a lovely job as usual.

So this kind of failed because school happened, but now that the semester is over I'm almost done transcribing! I already have 8 minutes of music, and only have less than a minute to go (all I have left is the music that reveals: Whit is also actually Benjamin Franklin? yes, he's that old). So i had a few questions that don't really matter but if anyone cares they can comment!

Do you want to hear all 9 minutes of the soundtrack? Or should I simplify and cut out repeats or other boring parts?
What do you think about having me play over the audio of the episode? To hear the plot and have context? I'm not sure, because if I shared this on Youtube that's even more copyright issues than I'm already breaking with just the music lol.
Lastly, would you actually watch 9 minutes of just AIO soundtrack? I'm not sure either... lol

Keep an eye out! I'm serious this time. I hope.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

To answer your questions.. YES, YES, and YEEESSSSS! I love all your stuffs, Oxy! WE ALWAYS NEED MORE. \:D/

Are you really breaking copyright by playing a song? And playing a snippet of AIO I think is fine, no one is gonna come after you. =P Plus, you would have your rendition over it. But I would be interested in hearing it both ways, without the audio and with.