Adventures in Oddity

THE AUDIO VERSION

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Katievoice1
Lurker

Adventures in Oddity

Post by Katievoice1 »

HI EVERYONE! We just released the direct download [https://katie-leigh-ni27.squarespace.com/buy/] audio version of our book, Adventures in Oddity. It's pretty fun to read along and try to figure out what page we're on.. But seriously, Will and I had a blast reading and recording this audio version for you all. We really hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoyed putting it together. If anyone bought the book and didn't get a code for a discount, please let me know.
Katie Leigh (If I didn't post this right, let me know that too! Thank you!)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just bought the audiobook the other day. I haven't had time to listen yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. It sounds like a ton of fun! :D

Your post is fine - no worries!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Very cool! For someone who grew up listening to audio dramas as a kid, I have a weird aversion to audio books, but in this case I will make an exception. \:D/
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

The Top Crusader wrote:Very cool! For someone who grew up listening to audio dramas as a kid, I have a weird aversion to audio books, but in this case I will make an exception. \:D/
I've never met anyone else who doesn't like audiobooks before, so it's nice to see someone agreeing with me!

However, I think this one will be drastically different, because the authors are the ones reading it, and it's such a conversation-based book anyways! I'm excited to listen to this! :D
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Lady Belle wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Very cool! For someone who grew up listening to audio dramas as a kid, I have a weird aversion to audio books, but in this case I will make an exception. \:D/
I've never met anyone else who doesn't like audiobooks before, so it's nice to see someone agreeing with me!

However, I think this one will be drastically different, because the authors are the ones reading it, and it's such a conversation-based book anyways! I'm excited to listen to this! :D
Victoria and I have both always been very much not fans of audiobooks, given that we grew up on AIO, which is such a higher standard. Audio drama to audio books is like a fully produced tv show to a single person sitting on a stage on a stool, performing all the parts themselves, with no costumes or props or special effects or foley or any other actors, just one person and maybe some light background music.

This, however, is fundamentally different given the interactions of the actors, and that they're not trying to recreate dramatic scenarios, but doing what is, in fact, a dialogue interview. And it will be excellent.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent