Happy Whit Monday, everyone!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Happy Whit Monday, everyone!

Post by The Top Crusader »

My calendar says today is Whit Monday. I have no idea what that is. I will just assume it's a national holiday celebrating Whit. \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Of course that's what it means, Top.

This is the best holiday everrrr!! \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

For people who are interested in what the calendar was thinking..
Wikipedia wrote:Whit Monday or Pentecost Monday (also known as Monday of the Holy Spirit) is the holiday celebrated the day after Pentecost, a moveable feast in the Christian calendar. It is moveable because it is determined by the date of Easter.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

:noway: :noway: :noway:

The calendar is an AIO fan, Moontide. Don't use your crazy Wikipedia sources on us. :-$

:wacky:
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Those with the OAC will note that John Avery Whittaker, or "Whit", as his friends call him, was given his nickname after Whit Sunday, among other things.
In "The Journal of John Avery Whittaker", we see that Jack Allen, on the first day he ever met Whit (May 14th, the year Whit was 10 [probably 1933]), gave him that nickname, being a) short for Whittaker; b) because he is witty, and; c) after Whit Sunday, because he is religious.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've never heard Pentecost referred to that way before, but hey, fun trivia! Top clearly buys superior calendars. :yes:
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Catspaw wrote:I've never heard Pentecost referred to that way before, but hey, fun trivia! Top clearly buys superior calendars. :yes:
It's a UK thing. I also learned it from the episode, only a few months ago.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent