Post your favorite AIO character!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Steve wrote:Boswell.

But honestly though, for a character who had no actual spoken words, they managed to pull off the role of "infuriating cat" remarkably well.
Oh Boswell, I must admit I forgot about him. :anxious:
Mariogeek wrote:OK yeah Jason I could see how you wouldn't like him, but I like him most of the time. Other times I just kind of have the 'meh' complex about him.
OK Jason/Connie? I know some people are like REALLY WAY into that- I could embrace it if it happened. I'm good either way, but Connie/Jeff? Nooooooo.....
I don't hate Jeff, but I find his character hard to like after almost three years of him being a missionary pilot. Now I view him as another Mitch, the never-ending love saga that goes on and on and on. But it hasn't happened. Which is infuriating. What I guess I'm trying to say is that if the writers were going to do something with him and Connie, they should have done it right away, because the longer the wait the less I like Jeff.
If they were going to do something with Jason and Connie, Connie has to age like another 20 years before she can get together with Jason, or Jason gets pulled backwards into Connie's time warp and loses 20 years off his age. :shock: probably not gonna happen.
Other than that rant, I never really enjoyed any of the kid characters on the show aside from Buck Oliver, Mandy Straussburg, Olivia Parker, Jimmy Barclay, Jay Smouse, and Matthew Parker. I usually find the others to be really annoying, perhaps because I am still around that age?? I never listen to an episode to hear Matthew or Mandy, so you could technically strike those two as well. Mandy is great, she just isn't my favorite. Earlier Olivia episodes weren't great for me either. Kids like Camilla with their questions about what is this or that drive me nuts because I have siblings and I don't like to hear other people's siblings acting the same way on the show. Maybe that's just me IDK.

Wow when I start talking I never stop do I?
*shrugs* Jeff is fine, I'm not sure if I've heard enough of him to decide if he and Connie are compatible. About Jason and Connie... I think nearly everyone involved in our shipping wars has tried to figure out their age difference. :lol: I don't know if there is a definite answer, though I always thought they were only about fifteen years apart.
The newer kids are cool, I sort of prefer the cast from a decade ago though.

I love reading through people's rants. :D
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Richard Maxwell.

That's not obvious, right? ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, I saw that Danielle had posted and I had to check to make sure her answer hadn't changed over the years. ;) Richard Maxwell is a great character! :D
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Catspaw wrote:Haha, I saw that Danielle had posted and I had to check to make sure her answer hadn't changed over the years. ;) Richard Maxwell is a great character! :D
HAHAHA!!! :D I'm typical, what can I say, Catspaw? I have no secrets.

Even tho a good second will always be Whit. So much wisdom. You learn things over the years from him :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Haha, I saw that Danielle had posted and I had to check to make sure her answer hadn't changed over the years. ;) Richard Maxwell is a great character! :D
HAHAHA!!! :D I'm typical, what can I say, Catspaw? I have no secrets.

Even tho a good second will always be Whit. So much wisdom. You learn things over the years from him :)
There's nothing wrong with that! ;)

Yes, Whit's legendary wisdom is worth noting! I definitely hear his voice in my head to share all kinds of valuable stuff (and funny stuff) from AIO over the years.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Wooton all the way! second fav is Penny :p

theyre so funny and random... sort of like me :lol:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

HisPrincess500 wrote:Wooton all the way! second fav is Penny :p

theyre so funny and random... sort of like me :lol:
Aye, it is nice to have a character you can relate to.

Penny is a darling. In the beginning, I was quite suspicious of her, and a little prejudice as she did remind me of Harlow Doyle. I feel differently now, and I think being introduced to her family certainly helped. We were able to see more of her personality and that she struggled with being vastly different from others, and was desperate to look responsible. Penny is very sweet, and more mature now than several albums ago. I'm eager to see how she continues to grow.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset